On average, employees at Allied Universal give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Allied Universal employees are Security Officers submitting an average rating of 3.8.

(based on 47 Allied Universal Review Ratings)
Allied Universal Employee

"I've have worked with Allied Universal since November of 2016. Since working with them I have grown and exceed in every position. I love making new relationships with employees and co-workers. We at our branch try and make it a home setting were guests feel welcomed."

in Fairfax, VA

"Allied universal was "my other job." For me, this was the job you get when you could not get what you wanted. After 2020, this quickly changed. With everything that is going on this year, this job has helped me realize that there is not "bad job." I have had shelter, food and other basic needs covered from this "other job.""

Allied Universal (47)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Vertex Pharmaceuticals (7)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is DPT Laboratories (10)
in San Francisco, CA

"the management could improve"

Watch Commander

"For a contract and security organization and ALLIED is top-notch. I am fortunate to be working for a great client and great account management team who have afforded me the opportunity to develop a totally new program, service, and implement new technology into a guard force structure. It has been very enjoyable developing something new and watching it moved from a beta program to a pilot program being rolled out enterprise-wide."

in Bessemer, AL

"I have worked in the security industry for 12 years all with the same company US Security Associates until March 2019. Purchased by Allied Universal at that time and carried over to a company whom did not have the synergy nor intended to have to accomplish serving its clients or employees"

in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked for Allied Universal since 2018. I have enjoyed working for leadership and have had an overall positive experience. One criticism I would have for the company is talent management. Individuals who have an experience that could be better utilized in other roles get cast aside due to seniority. I agree that this has to be apart of the consideration, however, this should be analyzed further to come up with a better solution."

in Jacksonville, FL

"Jacksonville managers: self centered, rude, cold, no leadership , liars, robbers, they will take you off your post, not till it and put you at another post for less money. They don't care about your health or safety. Don't work there, they will misuse you. Bad place to work."

in Myrtle Beach, SC

"I have worked for Allied Universal for the past year. I have found the superviosors to be helpful and approachable."

Allied Universal Employee

"Great company to work for. Allied Universal Security has benefits and the ability to move up in your field of work."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Miami, FL

"I've worked for allied for 2 years, still didn't get a raise"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Columbus, OH

"Sometimes transitions do just not work out."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Allied Universal Employee

"This company was a good job for temporary employment but management isn’t great."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked for Allied Universal since May 2015. I was hired into a pilot program for Allied Barton o test remote recruiting capabilities across our Midwest region. Allied Barton merged with Universal Protection Services in April 2016 and life as a recruiter was never the same. Prior to the merger each local branch had one assigned recruiter. After the merger, there were six total recruiters for the region. The goal was to have each Recruiter maintain no more than 50,000 total hours. I was assigned 65k hours and within eight months, I acquired 45k additional hours. AUS, as the company is now named, is a completely different company than AB. The focus is now on acquiring as many security companies as possible instead of our client needs. Many of my former colleagues have left the company due to the work load they are made to carry with little to no support or direction from our Leadership team."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Security Officer
in Baltimore, MD

"Matike George Blake ABC Entertainment Group Sitting in front of the television at the tender age of four, I watched a man dressed in all white walk in a dusty club, as orphaned children stand on boxes to watch the pale gentleman glide across the dance floor. Though these children were down on their luck, their faces lit up as they studied the moves of the smooth dancer in the club. After watching the magnetic performance, the orphans attempted the choreography and performed it well. This unforgettable moment was from the Michael Jackson's film Moonwalker. The scene is the Smooth Criminal music video and it inspired me at a young age because of its great musical storyline. The message of creativity and inspiration no matter one's age left a powerful impression on me. After seeing Moonwalker, I knew I wanted to be in a field where I could be innovative and engage others to find their passion from within. I knew I wanted a career in television as a producer, director, and an editor. I will focus on the three main aspects of producing, directing, and editing because I will love to improve my video production skills through your program. The Production Associates Program will help me hone my craft in digital filmmaking through expanding my knowledge in video production in the professional field. The passion that I have for television production is that I love to create impactful stories in my films. The ABC television sitcoms that inspires me the most throughout my life are Full House, Family Matters and The Wonder Years. These sitcoms help aspire me to appreciate the creative of using important family values to create a great sitcoms. Through learning family values through my family and your influential ABC sitcoms has help me reach personal achievement in my life that was challenging."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"The company is okay not the best and not the worst. What they need to improve on is not to have favoritism and treat everyone fairly."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5