(based on 10 Allied Universal Review Ratings)
2.7
2.0
2.3
2.6
2.6
Allied Universal Employee

"I’ve worked with Allied Universal for 2 years total, and 1.5 years as an actual employee, not just a contractor. Overall, I’ve had a pleasant time working here. My superiors are very accepting of my lifestyle, and very forgiving when it comes to needing last minute time off. Ultimately, I would love to grow with the company, but they do not offer retirement packages or competitive pay for the area I currently live in."

in Anaheim, CA

"I’ve worked for this company for a while now, but it’s a bit corrupt. All you hear is drama, people talking about people, or spreading rumors. It’s supposed to be a professional environment, yet everyone acts so childishly. Another thing is if they let you go, they won’t give you the chance to find another job, they’ll just call you in one day and fire you, no notice, nothing. So you’re basically screwed if you don’t already have another job set up. I’ve seen it happen to a number of old co-workers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Allied Universal (10)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hexcel (12)
Allied Universal Employee

"I have worked for Allied Universal for about 7 years now. During this time I have worked my way up from Security Professional to Account Manager."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in El Paso, TX

"Worked 2 years with no promotion, no pay raise--nothing."

Security Guard
in Gardena, CA

"This company isn't bad but it can be more organized."

in Gardena, CA

"I have worked with Allied Univeral for almost a year now and I like the company but they can work on being a little more organized"

in Orange, CA

"You think working at the hospital would offer great training and be a good career path. It really isn't. You make $12. They really low balled the heck out of the contract. There are no opportunities to move up or to make more money. You're forced to go to security meetings that talk about everything but security. The director of the hospital meeting is ridiculous. Feels the need to hand everyone his biography with detailed information. The guy has no security experience and did not go over any legitimate security issues. Overtime is really out of hand due to the high turnover rate. I don't blame anyone that leaves. In the process of doing so myself. Something serious wrong when the valet guys make more than you. You get burned out real quick from the long hours. It's disappointing that the main hospital supervisors in charge of the contract are cheap. I work with a great team that busts their butts. It's a shame they don't care. You deal with dead bodies, crazy people, the homeless, etc. I cannot recommend this company to anyone. Same if you have your armed permits. Most you can get is 14 armed in Orange County. But you can only take the job if you have over 10 years military experience. To be honest. This job eats your soul and makes you very depressed knowing that you're working a dead end job."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Orange, CA

"It's very disappointing working at a hospital knowing there are no opportunities to move up and no healthcare benefits. It's one of the lowest paid hospitals in the state and makes me wonder if the hospital is hurting badly on cash. We only get paid 1.50 more than minimum wage, and most holidays you do not get holiday pay like the rest of hospital staff. Somehow if they go over budget, you're forced to take days off and do mandatory security training that won't help you in any world setting. You're pretty much there just to act like you're doing security when you really don't. Half the time is spent transporting lazy people who can't walk half a block, or getting food from the cafeteria and taking up to the upper floors. And most of the time you're at a security booth checking hospital badges. It gives you way to much time to think. You start wondering why you're wasting your time at such a low paying job. The motto is you're giving back to the kids. That's cool and all, but we all got rent to pay. There will always be overtime due to how bad the pay is. Even with the overtime, pay is terrible. The turnover rate is very high due to this. I myself can't wait to get out of there."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Security Officer
in Stockton, CA

"Your work will ALWAYS be under-appreciated by your local station/post supervisor. If you are blessed with a caring supervisor, you will be fine, however, life is hell if you're local post supervisor does not respect you and your individual needs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Accounting Assistant
in Miami, FL

What do you like about working at Allied Universal?

"The paycheck, the fact it was flexible. And the company have provide some good benefits."

"Is a good company to work for as far as flexibility, but if you trying to move in the company you will be waiting for long time. Because the only time you have a chance to move at allied is when someone quit or retired."

What don't you like about working at Allied Universal?

"Well it was an learning experience now I would want to move on to my career work related."

"I would make sure all my employee understand me, I would communicate with my employee more often instead of demand thing. I would create 3 months system where I provide them with feedback on their work instead of waiting on until the whole year anniversary."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5