On average, employees at Allied Universal give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Allied Universal employees are Security Officers submitting an average rating of 3.8.

(based on 56 Allied Universal Review Ratings)

in Rocklin, CA

"Higher ups want to be able to watch your every move while I'm working for this company i have had my location switched 5 times with pay and hours constantly changing all the while only having graveyard shifts available"

in Cleveland, OH

"MANAGEMENT: The management (similar to most large-scale security companies) is horrible. When I was first hired on, the individual responsible for uniforms and gear did not understand what officers need to satisfactorily do their job. The wrong holsters were ordered (did not fit the firearms), belts and pants were cheap, the wrong ammunition was bought and given out to officers on the job site (FMJ range ammo instead of self-defense JHP), and some less than lethal tools were promised but were never given because they could never find a "trainer" in the area. Issues like this were only changed after myself and others (who were former mil/police) addressed them directly. Even then, most complaints went unfixed. ***TRAINING: The training was sub-par at best. We had to teach our own officers on the job site and rely on facility staff to help with things that were not initially covered. In de-escalation/ defense training, the instructor was not only inexperienced, they often did not know the correct ways to perform various holds, restraints, and techniques and it ended up turning into a "let the military guys show us then" type of class. The firearms instructor was a joke. Not only were they teaching questionable techniques, the instructor handed me the reigns halfway through the training class and I ended up teaching the rest of it! I had no issue with this because I was also a firearms instructor, but you can see an obvious problem here that shouldn't need further explanation. ***HIRING: They could not hire adequate candidates for the positions offered. For my specific job site, most of the officers were in good physical condition with experience, but we also had some that were either 10 years into their retirement, or very overweight and barely able to conduct rounds without needing a half hour break. When an officer would leave or get fired, we would go many weeks without a replacement, so all vacant ***shits*** would go to the full-time or part-time officers. If part-ti"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Allied Universal (56)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Vertex Pharmaceuticals (8)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is DPT Laboratories (10)
Operator
in San Francisco, CA

"I have been working with Allied Universal since 2018 and i enjoy working here because the employees i have met, great people and always ready to teach me to become a better person."

in Oxnard, CA

"Good position for someone going to school."

in Redmond, WA

"Good large company, a bit stagnant."

in Concord, CA

"I worked with AlliedUniveral Security as the HR Manager since July 2014. Overall I worked for the company since November 1998. In my HR role, my main focus was on employee relations, representing the company in hearings with State agencies and Labor organizations. I enjoyed working with Management, Support, and front-line employees in resolving issues and implementing policies and procedures."

Allied Universal Employee

"The managers are disrespectful & HR are always defending them so forget about reporting to them. People are afraid to speak up on things they see on sites because of losing their jobs.Instead of terminating or transferring their female guards when they make reports they need to make their account managers/managers retake the sexual harassment assignment & follow the guidelines like the rest of employees & respect their female guards more."

in South Pasadena, CA

"Great place to work, with a lot of upside."

Allied Universal Employee

"I've worked for Allied Universal since July of 2020. The company is a great company to work for, some of the cons are flexible work schedule and pays weekly. When it comes to security companies some of the facilities are going to be better then others."

Allied Universal Employee

"I've have worked with Allied Universal since November of 2016. Since working with them I have grown and exceed in every position. I love making new relationships with employees and co-workers. We at our branch try and make it a home setting were guests feel welcomed."

in Fairfax, VA

"Allied universal was "my other job." For me, this was the job you get when you could not get what you wanted. After 2020, this quickly changed. With everything that is going on this year, this job has helped me realize that there is not "bad job." I have had shelter, food and other basic needs covered from this "other job.""

in San Francisco, CA

"the management could improve"

Watch Commander

"For a contract and security organization and ALLIED is top-notch. I am fortunate to be working for a great client and great account management team who have afforded me the opportunity to develop a totally new program, service, and implement new technology into a guard force structure. It has been very enjoyable developing something new and watching it moved from a beta program to a pilot program being rolled out enterprise-wide."

in Bessemer, AL

"I have worked in the security industry for 12 years all with the same company US Security Associates until March 2019. Purchased by Allied Universal at that time and carried over to a company whom did not have the synergy nor intended to have to accomplish serving its clients or employees"

in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked for Allied Universal since 2018. I have enjoyed working for leadership and have had an overall positive experience. One criticism I would have for the company is talent management. Individuals who have an experience that could be better utilized in other roles get cast aside due to seniority. I agree that this has to be apart of the consideration, however, this should be analyzed further to come up with a better solution."