Allied Universal Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Allied Universal Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Allied Universal give their company a 3.4 rating out of 5.0 - which is 14% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Allied Universal employees are Security Officers submitting an average rating of 3.4.

(based on 62 Allied Universal Review Ratings)

2.7
Allied Universal Employee

"Do not work for them. Lack of support from management and supervision. HIGH turnover. Racism and “Good ‘ol boy system” alive and well. They will take anybody. Insubordinate behavior tolerated. VERY low pay. There’s much more…"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Security Officer

"I’ve worked for allied for almost a year and almost every paycheck would be incorrect and then they give you problems when you report it like you are the one that’s wrong They kept me on schedule for 3 months and didn’t let me work when I finally was able to go back to work at a different site they messed up every check. they are nasty and don’t treat employees right as long as their paychecks are correct they don’t care this is unacceptable you might as well find a job that will pay you right and on time even if the pay is lower than allied pay It’s just not worth the heartache and mental pain they all put you through. My supervisor is a great woman who tries to help employees at her site but they won’t even pay her correctly and I have recordings from every one of them to prove they are intentionally not fixing my time"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Allied Universal (62)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Vertex Pharmaceuticals (8)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is DPT Laboratories (10)
Plant Manager

"A family-run company, very set in its ways."

Allied Universal Employee

"I have only worked with Allied for 6 months. When I was hired I explained being a full-time student and that school came first. Since then I have been scheduled without asking or my knowledge and when I have a school conflict I am met with appalling disrespect and poor management. My supervisor feels like he can do whatever he wants without any regard for the other employees he is supposed to be in charge of."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Allied Universal Employee

"Working with Allied Universal has been the necessary job for this stage in my life. They are fair and firm."

Allied Universal Employee

"I worked with AUS for the last 9 months and there is a culture of discrimination and deeply ingrained misogynistic attitudes amongst management. The racist comment thrown at me was OUTRAGEOUS. This company is triggering to any female applying. Please save yourself from a nightmare and seek out other security companies."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Allied Universal Employee

"Higher ups want to be able to watch your every move while I'm working for this company i have had my location switched 5 times with pay and hours constantly changing all the while only having graveyard shifts available"

Allied Universal Employee

"MANAGEMENT: The management (similar to most large-scale security companies) is horrible. When I was first hired on, the individual responsible for uniforms and gear did not understand what officers need to satisfactorily do their job. The wrong holsters were ordered (did not fit the firearms), belts and pants were cheap, the wrong ammunition was bought and given out to officers on the job site (FMJ range ammo instead of self-defense JHP), and some less than lethal tools were promised but were never given because they could never find a "trainer" in the area. Issues like this were only changed after myself and others (who were former mil/police) addressed them directly. Even then, most complaints went unfixed. ***TRAINING: The training was sub-par at best. We had to teach our own officers on the job site and rely on facility staff to help with things that were not initially covered. In de-escalation/ defense training, the instructor was not only inexperienced, they often did not know the correct ways to perform various holds, restraints, and techniques and it ended up turning into a "let the military guys show us then" type of class. The firearms instructor was a joke. Not only were they teaching questionable techniques, the instructor handed me the reigns halfway through the training class and I ended up teaching the rest of it! I had no issue with this because I was also a firearms instructor, but you can see an obvious problem here that shouldn't need further explanation. ***HIRING: They could not hire adequate candidates for the positions offered. For my specific job site, most of the officers were in good physical condition with experience, but we also had some that were either 10 years into their retirement, or very overweight and barely able to conduct rounds without needing a half hour break. When an officer would leave or get fired, we would go many weeks without a replacement, so all vacant ***shits*** would go to the full-time or part-time officers. If part-ti"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Operator

"I have been working with Allied Universal since 2018 and i enjoy working here because the employees i have met, great people and always ready to teach me to become a better person."

Allied Universal Employee

"Good position for someone going to school."

Allied Universal Employee

"Good large company, a bit stagnant."

Allied Universal Employee

"I worked with AlliedUniveral Security as the HR Manager since July 2014. Overall I worked for the company since November 1998. In my HR role, my main focus was on employee relations, representing the company in hearings with State agencies and Labor organizations. I enjoyed working with Management, Support, and front-line employees in resolving issues and implementing policies and procedures."

Allied Universal Employee

"The managers are disrespectful & HR are always defending them so forget about reporting to them. People are afraid to speak up on things they see on sites because of losing their jobs.Instead of terminating or transferring their female guards when they make reports they need to make their account managers/managers retake the sexual harassment assignment & follow the guidelines like the rest of employees & respect their female guards more."

Allied Universal Employee

"Great place to work, with a lot of upside."

Allied Universal Employee

"I've worked for Allied Universal since July of 2020. The company is a great company to work for, some of the cons are flexible work schedule and pays weekly. When it comes to security companies some of the facilities are going to be better then others."

Allied Universal Reviews FAQs

Is Allied Universal a good company to work for?

Allied Universal has an overall rating of 3.4 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 62 Allied Universal Review Ratings left anonymously by Allied Universal employees, which is 13% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 79% of employees would recommend working at Allied Universal.

Does Allied Universal pay their employees well?

Allied Universal employees earn $34,000 annually on average, or $16 per hour, which is 48% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 61 Allied Universal employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Allied Universal Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Allied Universal?

79% of employees would recommend working at Allied Universal with the overall rating of 3.4 out of 5. Employees also rated Allied Universal 3.2 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.1 for Rewards You Receive, 2.7 for Growth Opportunities and 3.3 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Allied Universal?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Allied Universal is a CFO at $140,000 annually. Browse Allied Universal Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Allied Universal?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Allied Universal is a Light Industrial Mechanic at $22,000 annually. Browse Allied Universal Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Allied Universal?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Allied Universal to be Company Culture, People You Work With, Person You Work For and Rewards You Receive, and cons to be Growth Opportunities.