(based on 28 Ashley Furniture Review Ratings)
Warehouse Supervisor

"In order to have employees who care about the buisness, the buisness must care about the employees."

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Working on different projects in the store, some of the employees were a pleasure to work with, and worked well as a team."

"Try to stay out of any drama, just do your job. If you put out 110% don't expect to be rewarded with a substantial pay raise in any near future."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"There was too much negative attitude from many of the other employees, too much complaining about how much they hated others or their job there."

"If they cant keep their associates happy, productivity will suffer, and that means less sales and less money being made."

Home Furnishing Consultant

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Im good at what I do,its all about smiling,make a friend the sale will come."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"You dont know what your getting paid on,most is 2.5% which is hard to live off of."

Home Furnishing Consultant

"It used to be a good place to work but as the housing market fell apart, traffic reduced to a great extent."

"Chain of command should be through immediate supervisor instead of higher management interfearing in the day to day employee related issues."

Customer Service Specialist

"VERY HONEST REVIEW BECAUSE I BELEIVE IN BEING HONEST. THE OWNERS ARE GREAT WITH ITS EMPLOYEES"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I love interacting with people. I like the fact that a lot of my customers refer future customers to me."

"Everyone really needs to understands that working every weekend and every holiday is mandatory. The co workers are great"

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Working every weekend and every holiday can become hard sometimes. This is the only problem I have here."

"The managers of my store is great. She really sets the example of the owners."

HR Manager

"keep doing good job"

Assistant Director of Operations
in Fountain Valley, CA

"Positive yet conservative to reflect the instablity of furniture retail environments"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Constantly busy, never dull, operational flexibility to adjust to market and customer service trends as needed."

Assistant Manager
in Grand Junction, CO

"Interesting choice of answers for rating system"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Helping customers choose furnishings that I know they will love."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I do not like that the pay is strictly commision based."

"Be honest with your employees."

Retail Store Designer

"I liked working here, if you can get past the small town of 1400 it is a fun place to be."

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I like the support and the people at AFI."

"Be yourself and be honest. They like fun energetic people who have a strong work ethic."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I did not like the rush on every project."

"Keep doing what you are doing."

Director of Visual Merchandising
in Jacksonville, FL

"The new top manager has made it difficult to work at this company and like it."

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I like the employees and my team."

"I do not have any tips for anyone interviewing there other then good luck."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I do not like the use and abuse given by the owner and top manager to the other employees"

"They need to value their people more. They need to reward all people at different times and stop giving negative feedback on a constant basis. They also need to stick with one plan for increasing business for longer then 6 months it is not enough time to see a result or train the employees on that system."

Accounts Payable Clerk
in Fullerton, CA

"I have learnt so many things from this job but very low pay scale."

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"I learnt so many things from this place in one year. I have started as customer service person and ended with accounts payable, bank reconciliation, office supplies, etc."

Assistant Office Manager
in Opelika, AL

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Excellent place to be while completing my degree at Auburn University. It provided me a chance to practice my management skills on a higher level."

"Most positions are commissioned which can be rather slow sometimes."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"As a smaller company it was lacking digital organization leading to excess steps and paperwork."

"I assisted in reorganizing several things digitally, so just keep going with it."

Assistant Store Manager

"satisfactory in overall"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"the challenging aspect of the role in connection to my personal profile"

"determination and loyalty"

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"do not have any reserves"

"customers, customers and customers"

Salesperson
in Norcross, GA

"Beginner"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Very diverse atmosphere, and the branch management kept a close work related relationship with their production team."

"No. Try your hardest at whatever you do."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Wages were not given on a performance nor expierence basis."

"Begin to acknowledge your team leaders and those capable of becoming one. That's the healthiest way for a company to grow, from the inside."

Senior Marketing Specialist
in Arcadia, WI

"It is all about numbers, not much loyalty."

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Excellent people, excellent training."

"If you can't grow the territory +22% a year, look elsewhere."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"Territory cuts, commission cuts, non stop emails and reports."

"lose the reports, get in the field to support your sales staff"

Assembly Trainer
in Arcadia, WI

"Ashley Furniture... You ARE going to love this place!"

What do you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"There is clear direction for where you are going. Each employee is both allowed and expected to contribute their ideas, opinions and profound knowledge to improving, but is also compensated for each idea. The company is large enough to provide nearly ANYONE a great career in their area of choice, but small enough that the owner still greats you as he walks through the parking lot. They share the profits, the vision, the direction and the opportunities, pay for and encourage continuing education, and have great benefits. They even have a $10 on-site health care clinic! I receive great training all the time, and can request more if I want or need it. We all just got a 9% raise in our base pay, while everyone else is taking 10% pay cuts in the companies around us in the area. When they say, You're going to love this place they are NOT kidding! 4 years later, it just keeps getting better."

"Be yourself, be straightforward. Don't be afraid to show initiative and ambition. They have small-town values with global resources and opportunities, so reach for the sky. Visit an Ashley Home Store anywhere and look at what the people here make. You'll see the kind of pride that goes into the products. If you can't invest that in a company, skip the interview."

What don't you like about working at Ashley Furniture?

"It can be loud and the air is dry, we don't get a lot of experienced help so training new people can be a challenge, the location isn't very convenient to my home and Wisconsin roads make for tough travel 6 months a year."

"There can always be more consistency, in both the communication and the execution of the vision and mission. Production planning could use some increased efficiency that would boost morale and paychecks. More objective evaluations would mean we could target opportunities for training and improvement more accurately."