(based on 8 Ann Taylor Review Ratings)
Ann Taylor Employee
in Arlington, VA

"Ann Taylor is a wonderful company and I have enjoyed my time working there; however, it is difficult to find a permanent job in the company. It is a great transition job or seasonal job and I hope to maintain employment there."

Business Objects Developer

"I have been working in Ann Taylor since 2011. I found this company with a great environment. My work gives me a feeling of personal accomplishment.I find my work challenging.Considering everything, I am satisfied at the company.The company is a good company to work for.I am proud to work for the company.I am happy to encourage friends and colleagues to work at the company.My job is enjoyable and challenging."

Ann Taylor (11)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LF Stores (8)
in Manhattan, NY

"I've worked with Ann for a year and it was the best year, I loved my clients, but I feel that I needed to move on to bigger and better things, start something that I really loved and were I am able to really show my skills."

Database Systems Consultant

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"They have a pleasant, productive, corporate culture built around quality people who enjoy their work."

"Be honest. Be yourself. Show your skills and what work you're excited about."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"They've recently implemented large waves of outsourcing and promoted people who don't have knowledge, while firing people who do."

"Great companies are built by rewarding and promoting the best people and placing people in positions that align with their expertise."

Average Ann Taylor Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Ann Taylor was a great company to work for. I worked with great people."

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I like meeting new customers, and helping them to meet their goal."

"Dress appropriately, have great people skills, and be goal-oriented."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I dislike the lack of involvement in employees' work life, and growth opportunity."

"Personal feeling shouldn't have anything to do with business decisions."

in King of Prussia, PA

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I like the discount on products online and in-store. My AT co-workers are great people!"

"Dress professionally, be positive, and be available to work. Try to negotiate for a higher pay or start in a leadership position."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I feel like the company is spinning wheels, spending so much money on marketing and advertising, but not investing in employees and new equipment. Ann Taylor views themselves in the luxury market, but the pay is nowhere near the standard of competitors. The company's reaction time to complaints is slow or treated as invalid."

"Require each manager to go through the required manager trainee program that lasts at least a year. Start a quarterly review with associates and managers. Raise standards across the board, and raise hourly wages and offer full-time statuses."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Visual Merchandising Assistant

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I like my co-workers, working with creative people, and being able to think creatively."

"You must really love the fashion/retail industry and corporate environment. Explain exactly what you are looking for in the position, and ask about growth opportunity."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I do not feel like I am being invested in as an employee. My career growth is stagnant on my team. I have not had much guidance in growing my career. There is a lot of negativity on my team. The corporate environment is not friendly."

"Invest more in employees and their career growth, and provide clearer and more direct feedback and expectations."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Vice President
Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.9 / 5
Senior Graphic Designer
in New York, NY

"Easy to get too comfortable here."

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"The people are wonderful. I made some lifelong friends whom I still keep in touch with."

"A great company to work for and some really fun projects and experiences, but don't expect to be rewarded for hard work, and don't stay with this company for too long."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"There is too much turnover in upper management, ironically around review time, which leaves no room for growth for the people who work very hard each year, only to get to review time and find out their boss has been fired again."

"Promote people who work hard, and stop firing people before bonus payouts!"

Assistant Manager
in Freehold, NJ

"Ann Taylor is a great company to work for!"

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"Personally, I love working with the public. If I'm stuck in a cubicle all by myself, I go mad! Ann Taylor is a great retail company to work for. It is really dedicated to nurturing its staff: teaching them how to be better managers, how to handle loss prevention, how to maximize the staff, how to break down your day to get optimal money coming in, and how to coach the staff so that they not only feel valued, but work with the clients better to improve sales. Also, the employee discounts were awesome! I really miss mine now that I no longer work there and am raising my newborn daughter."

"Be honest, open, and candid. List out some awards you've won/acknowledgements you've received for a job well done at previous companies. This will help the interviewer see that you work better with rewards, as opposed to reprimands, as this is how they run their stores. Employees are awarded shooting star gift cards for jobs well done."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"I did not feel like the first manager I had was really vested in the store, as she moved to a store in FL within a month of my starting there. She did not make sure I got the proper training that I should have from the get-go, and the woman who took over for her was awesome and really taught me a lot, made sure I got the proper training, and was absolutely awesome to work for/with."

"Assign one person to each new employee who is responsible for their training. If the new person makes a mistake, both parties take part of the blame. This will ensure that all new people are properly trained right from the get-go, and it also makes the old employee more vested in the company."

Programmer Analyst
in New York, NY

What do you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"It was a good environment to learn new technology."

"Communicate to management your career goals, and try to stay on that path. Try to find a mentor that could help you achieve career fulfillment."

What don't you like about working at Ann Taylor?

"The business clients were very demanding at times."

"Management should balance being leaders and managers, and ask for feedback from subordinates."