61 American Express Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse American Express Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 56 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
American Express Anonymous Employee

"I have been working with American Express from 3 years. Its a very good company, people will be always there to help. I really astonished in covid period. Amex haven’t fired anyone but rather they did a cost cutting by removing all unwanted licenses and servers. Really proud to work with American Express."

American Express Anonymous Employee

"Great company and helpful teammates"

Average Anonymous Employee Ratings in the Past 9 Years

2014 $3
2015 $3
2019 $3
2020 $4
in Farmington Hills, MI

"I have been at American Express for over 17 years in corporate travel. I enjoyed my job and getting the job done."

in Delhi, IA

"I worked here scince Oct 2018. It is a nice place to work..."

Average American Express Attributes by Anonymous Employee

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I was hired as a contractor to assist in Data Analytics and Insights within the Products and Technology Solutions org, to bring the Agile framework in, "hybrid" it. and ensure the products had product owners and teams that understood how the SDLC for Agile works. This led to further developing my career path within the company to product development. AMEX GBT is a great company, that went through a separation from AMEX. This by design created a new company that was basically a 100 year old start-up. We had to make our own processes and protocols that were our own branding. This was difficult and challenging. Overall, some of the best and brightest people work at AMEX GBT. I was lucky enough to have a director that was very intune with his direct reports, and did not "pass the buck". He knew the jobs his teams had. He knew the challenges that were faced everyday. He had an answer or was able to get you one."

in Tempe, AZ

"Your experience at American Express will be highly dependent on your supervisor and your team. Some teams are very siloed in the work they get to tackle, supervisors may be highly technical but not great people leaders, and professional growth can be slow. However, in my experience, if you're ambitious and speak up for yourself, I found it totally doable to network with colleagues outside of my immediate team and get access to more challenging projects. All the supervisors I've worked with went out of their way to make sure I got what I needed in terms of professional development, and in turn it was an excellent work experience. There are a lot of amazing things about Amex - great senior leadership, high quality standards for shipped code (although, this is highly team dependent), and for a huge company they strive to embrace a lot of modern technology. The cons are that a lot of middle management in tech lack the people skills necessary to empower their employees (while this isn't my experience, I hear it quite a bit from colleagues), the culture is still quite corporate, changes take FOREVER to execute (I'm talking years...), and there's a lot of bureaucracy and politics, just like at any large corporate company."

American Express Anonymous Employee

"I have worked for American Express for almost 6 years. I have had great career growth and amazing opportunities. I am always challenged for better and learning. The company has great benefits and work-life balance. As a working mom, there is the flexibility I need. American Express truly cares about their employees."

American Express Anonymous Employee

"I worked for American Express for 10 years. Overall it was a great place to work! However, it was very hard to obtain promotions, to the point that it felt discouraging. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, as they were some of the smartest, innovative, and collaborative minds that I have seen in my extensive career. When I think back on my time with American Express, I have great and fond memories."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
American Express Anonymous Employee

"Working with American Express for more than a decade in various roles and capacity has given me opportunity to work with some of the great managers, leaders and technical teams. There is a perfect balance between process and people along with a huge emphasis on innovation."

American Express Anonymous Employee

"Tremendous peer group with colleague friendly policies."