(based on 51 Ally Financial Review Ratings)
"I have been with Ally for over 3 years now. So far it has been an excellent experience. Excellent benefits with almost unbelievable PTO. Ally is big on work life balance. The job itself can be challenging but not very rewarding. Extensive travel required gets to be a little hard to take at times. Overall though a positive experience."
Posted 7 years ago in Oklahoma City, OK
Credit Analyst
in Plano, TX

"I’ve worked at Ally Financial for 1.5 years. I found that this company believes in culture and growth through their employees. It is a casual environment in which all employees are very helpful in helping you adapt to their work life."

Director
in Indian Trail, NC

"I've worked at Ally since 2017. The company offers excellent benefits and perks and at a high level it cares about employee engagement; however, there are pockets within certain organizations that are still ripe for development with employee engagement and retention. If you land in the right team it can be a great place to work."

Ally Financial (138)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Dynegy (9)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Teavana (7)
in Aliso Viejo, CA

"The Coronavirus did huge damage to my company, so they cut a lot of remuneration."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Lewisville, TX

"My experience with the company was less than moderate due to the lack of feedback as needed for career development for potential advancement. The work relationships with colleagues was very supportive however in these endeavors."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average Ally Financial Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Little Rock, AR

"Overall I would not recommend this job to anyone that is caucasian, there is no room for advancement unless you are related to a member of management or HR , they force you to volunteer in groups to improve your leadership why I don't know because their managers dont even have leadership skills, but they base your raise on this ,my advice is if you are considering working here run. And if you do work there start looking for a better company to work for"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Katy, TX

"I worked for Ally for over a year, 6 months did it remotely, Great company, really cares about their employees."

in Lewisville, TX

"I have worked for Ally Financial / GMAC since 1982 and have held several positions within the company over a 37-year career. Though I started as a Field Collector, I was later placed on an accelerated program and spent 3 years as an underwriter. I was briefly over a collection team and then as a result of my presentation skills was transferred into Sales as a Leasing Coordinator. I also became AFIP Certified during this period of time. After 5 years of trying dealership personnel on the benefits, I was then placed into the role of a Wholesale Analyst for 15 months. Upon completion of this, I spent another 14 months of underwriting retail contracts again. I was then reassigned back into Sales as an Area Financial Services Manager, in this position, I collaborated with GM Division personnel to improve processes in the dealership F&I (Finance & Insurance) departments, meeting and achieving organizational goals, built retail and wholesale relationships with numerous GM dealers assisting them with mitigating costs while improving profitability, cut dealership costs with reduced insurance rates, evaluating impacted dealership activities to yield additional customer savings. I was then assigned back into the office as a Collection Manager. I Oversaw various collection teams that were specialized in working with difficult / skip customers as well as customers who were relatively new and already having difficulty making their payments and were in a negative equity position. These teams were tasked with locating missing customers as well as finding ways to keep those customers who were new and already in trouble from returning their vehicles allowing the company to avoid a loss. Recruited, trained, and mentored 30 local collectors to establish a call center for delinquent automotive accounts’ collection services in the South Texas/Louisiana area. I then transferred into Loss Mitigation as a Manager over two different departments over 7.5 years."

in Detroit, MI

"I've worked at Ally since 2009. It is a growth oriented company with many opportunities for people looking for challenging work with quality co-workers."

Senior Director of Compliance
in Charlotte, NC

"Great company, great leadership, they value a diverse workforce."

in Charlotte, NC

"I’ve worked for Ally for over 5 years. Originally, it was a smaller company, before Ally purchased us. We were a slim, fast and agile shop. We got things done and the environment was great. Ally purchased us over three years ago and still to this date have been installing their mindset. While the culture is great, the people are great, the process oriented nature across all the separated teams (for roles and responsibilities) have created an environment that is very slow to get things done. I still work on a team that delivers incrementally fast but the overall cross dependencies hamper the overall goals."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales and Operations Analyst
in Fort Washington, PA

"It was a good company with so much potential however it was not able to bounce back from the Bankruptcy filing and was sold in August 2019."

in Charlotte, NC

"All is a great place to work. Great culture, Great support."

in Detroit, MI

"It is a great company to work for."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Detroit, MI

"I worked for this company for many years and would highly recommend working for them, They care about the individual as well as the organization. This is a global financial services company and you will have opportunities to work with exciting technologies and people."

in Charlotte, NC

"Good company with a forward thinking philosophy. They are a bank that has tried to do things differently. Since they are an on-line bank they have to be quick, responsive, and proactive. This means they are innovative and always looking for new technologies to take them to the next level."