(based on 122 Alcoa Review Ratings)
"Alcoa is a great company that really cares about its employees. There is a huge emphasis on safety even if you're only working in the IT departments. The employees are all friendly people and most have been with the company for a long time. I think the longevity of careers there speaks to the excellent atmosphere that Alcoa provides. One hurdle that you have to overcome if you come from a small business is to learn the processes and organization of the company."
Posted 6 years ago in New Kensington, PA
Technical Assistant
in Newburgh, IN

"Alcoa is a good company. I have worked here for almost 30 years and been able to move up several times. I like my boss and have a good relationship with my coworkers. I would recommend this company to anyone. The pay and benefits are good and the company is very considerate."

in Ferndale, WA

"I have only been with Alcoa for two years, one of which as an Intern, but it has exceeded all expectations as my first job out of university. Alcoa's mission statement is to "Act with Integrity. Operate with Excellence. [and] Care for People". My experience working for the company has confirmed their commitment to these statements and I would highly recommend them as a place of employment. That being said, Alcoa is having to curtail the plant I am currently working and I am being laid off. Even in these difficult times, Alcoa continues to care for people by offering generous severance and benefits packages to all employees. I am grateful to Alcoa for my first job experience and have high expectations for my next place of employment."

Alcoa (237)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wireless Advocates (20)
Lean Manufacturing Intern
in Ferndale, WA

"Alcoa Intalco Works is a major employer in Whatcom County. There is a great emphasis on worker health and safety. While some of the equipment is aging, management has recently been devoting a lot of time to analyzing the current equipment and modernizing where necessary. I also found my coworkers and superiors to be very friendly, despite the high-pressure nature of the industry. The pay was also quite good, especially considering my intern position. Overall, a good place to work."

in Newburgh, IN

"Alcoa is a great Company, and one that I am truly proud to say that I am an employee of. It was built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years and is a world class leading global producer of Bauxite, Alumina and Aluminum products, having 25 manufacturing locations worldwide and approximately 16,000 employees. My experiences at Alcoa have been terrific, and I am grateful that I have been afforded the opportunities to gain the knowledge and experience in so many functions and areas of our business."

Average Alcoa Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Process Engineer
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Great company to work for."

in Ferndale, WA

"I've worked for Alcoa Intalco Works for two years as a member of the salary staff. Alcoa does a lot of great things for the environment and creates a sustainable product. Unfortunately, their business is tied to a commodity market, which means it is difficult to control profits and prosperity. Intalco works hard to increase the value of their product, but the aluminum market has been in a slump for years and the people and facility conditions end up feeling the pinch. Good, hard work is readily available, and the union helps fight for the rights of the local production workers."

Alcoa Employee

"Extremely poor culture filled with aged, mediocre employees who are protected by aged, mediocre HR. Lack of any real challenge, highly bureaucratic mentality abounds. AVOID ALCOA!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Engineering Intern
in New Kensington, PA

Manufacturing Engineer
in Norcross, GA

"Very good company to work with and been educated for latest lean six sigma and Toyota principals to enhance today's engineering jobs as a nice tool and culture to run my daily design/manufacturing works. Nice company to work with thru very cooperative environment between peers. Very organized work place and clean."

in Whitehall, MI

"I have worked for Alcoa for quite some time now, and it is great organization that offers personal and professional growth opportunity."

in Denton, TX

"Worst place I ever worked at."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Norcross, GA

"The company employs around 3,000 people nationwide. It's a good company to work for."

in Kansas City, MO

"Plygem purchased Alcoa Home Exteriors in 2007. Highly leveraged purchase and not well received in the industry."

Production Specialist
in Davenport, IA

"Good. Very good place to work."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Engineering Assistant
in Randolph, NY

"Wonderful!"

What do you like about working at Alcoa?

"Great co-workers and support from upper management. Love going to work."

"Just relax and be yourself. If you work hard you will do fine."

What don't you like about working at Alcoa?

"I really can not think of anything that I do not like."

"They are doing a really good job right now. If I had any ideas though I am sure they would be open to them."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5