On average, employees at Aflac give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Aflac employees are District Coordinators submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Insurance Sales Agents with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 147 Aflac Review Ratings)
"I started with Aflac this year and truly enjoy my job. It is my job to get candidates to come in for interviews to become Aflac Agents. I get to meet and interact with a very diverse group on a regular basis. My Regional Sales Coordinator and I have a great working relationship, more like a partnership. Great support from the company, from online recruiting and sales tools to weekly calls with other recruiters to get and give advice on recruiting."
Posted 3 years ago in Saint Clair Shores, MI
Regional Recruiter
in Saint Clair Shores, MI

District Sales Coordinator
in Baltimore, MD

"AFLAC is a great company with great products. They pay claims fairly and quickly. You are compensated by commissions, residuals, and stock. The problem is local management. Let me explain. If you get a good Regional (RSC) and/or State Coordinator (SSC), you can do very well/ The problem comes if you get an unethical RSC and/or SSC, as I did. Every account that I opened with 100 or more employees was "reassigned" to the RSC and SSC spouses District or Region. This way, instead of just getting an override, they can get the primary commissions, the override on their spouses District/Region, in addition to the regular override. I reported this to the Territory Director, and was ignored. There is very little one can do about this. All HQ does is look at the total production. Since mine was low as a result of this, I was ignored. Until AFLAC addresses this huge problem, they are going to have talented people leave. I was not the only one this happened to in our State. I suffered financially as a result."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Aflac (238)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (194)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
in Columbia, SC

"I just started at Aflac not long ago. They value employees, their ethics, and always doing the right thing by the customer all the time. Aflac provides lots of training and benefits to undergrad/graduate degree seeking employees. Their EAW Employee Appreciation Week is insane. Every month I look forward to some cool thing Aflac is doing for their employees, customers, and public. They are a great example of a corporation that is profitable and still takes care of the important things that help them succeed."

Regional Coordinator
in Santa Ana, CA

"I've worked for Aflac for 11 years and couldn't be more happy with what I do, and what my company stands for. AFLAC is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's given me more that I ever though a 'job' could."

Average Aflac Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
in Santa Monica, CA

"I began an internship with Aflac in my senior year of college. It is a commission based job that involves a lot of time on the phones or on the streets trying to get leads and build your business. There is a chance to make money in this profession but you have to be willing to be poor for the first few months. It takes time to build up your clientele. This is a position that takes a lot of your time starting out and requires that you have thick skin because you will get hung up on and cussed at by people."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Aflac Employee

"Great products. Great potential for compensation. Great training. Great incentive packages."

in South Easton, MA

"Aflac offers great products and benefits to the policy holders. But, the Independent Agents are expected to purchase many items and software from Aflac to be able to perform their duties and that becomes very expensive. Agents don't receive enough compensation for all the work they do and all the expenses they incur. It's expensive to work at Aflac!"

in Pompano Beach, FL

"Sales Associate for 6 months. Unless you are able to have no income for a year and can live with less than $30000 annually for 2 years move on."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Aflac Employee

"The products that Aflac offers are incomparable in the Insurance Industry and the initial training that you go through is great, but in the end it comes down to poor management, no guidance, but the expectation of the world. The office that I worked in was so clique-y that it made advancement and being able to run your business almost impossible. Training can only do so much and can only help you when it's once for your whole career and you need the support and direction of good management."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Greenville, SC

"The training for this job was at best sub par. This company is a great company but I was promised help in training and also building my book of business."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Regional Sales Coordinator
in Bethpage, TN

"Amazing career, allowed me to reach my financial and life dreams and enjoy flexability of schedule and work life balance. Love my co workers and ability to move up."

Independent Agent
in Manasquan, NJ

"You are just a number to them. Agents move in and out like a revolving door. Very little if any support. If you have a license and apply for the job you got it but don't expect anything else. All agents in a big room with a telephone and worked over lists where you call and most hang up. Just want your contacts."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Roswell, GA

"My experience with Aflac is horrible at the moment but it could get better after the holidays."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Independent Agent
in Fairfield, NJ

"While working with Aflac as an Agent, I enjoy helping Americans with support that they need. The training was less than optimal. I understand that everyone was independent business owners, but no one was there from the beginning to walk you through to make sure you did things right. They expected you to rehearse in front of the other agents and that was enough training. It makes for an awkward moment when the client knows you are unsure of what you are saying because you not trained right."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Insurance Agent
in Santa Barbara, CA

"There was a lack of cohesion between the management and the employees as to how our days would be scheduled. There was no breakdown of territories and at best you were given a phone book and told to start calling. The lack of support in lead generation was frustrating to say the least."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5