On average, employees at Aflac give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Aflac employees are District Coordinators submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Regional Sales Coordinators with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 173 Aflac Review Ratings)
"I started with Aflac this year and truly enjoy my job. It is my job to get candidates to come in for interviews to become Aflac Agents. I get to meet and interact with a very diverse group on a regular basis. My Regional Sales Coordinator and I have a great working relationship, more like a partnership. Great support from the company, from online recruiting and sales tools to weekly calls with other recruiters to get and give advice on recruiting."
Posted 4 years ago in Saint Clair Shores, MI
in Myrtle Beach, SC

"I was under the impression when I got hired that I would receive a lot more guidance and support. I depend on business owners to let me talk to them and schedule appointments, COVID makes things hard in that aspect and it's more letdowns than anything. The money is good when you get it, but the time waiting for things to pan out is impossible."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Boston, MA

"I really enjoyed working with sales leaders and managers. It's a commission-only position so had to be prepared to not always have a paycheck nor healthcare coverage. The business caters to small businesses so I wasn't prepared for the number of calls I had to make on a daily basis as well as the number of rejections. Aflac doesn't provide leads so your on your own in terms of finding potential clients. No specific territory so you're competing with peers for the same business. You need to provide your own laptop too."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Aflac (264)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
in Newton, MA

"The company has an useful product for additional protection for life changing situations. It offers supplemental insurance at a reasonable price with the option of the company to paying for the insurance or the employee paying for the cost of the additional insurance."

Business Consultant
in Sherman Oaks, CA

"I've worked for Aflac since August 2020. It is a commission only pay, and since COVID it has been extremely difficult to meet one on one with business owners and clients. I just would prefer having more financial stability."

Average Aflac Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
in San Antonio, TX

"I worked as an independent contractor as a benefits advisor for Aflac. My time with the company was brief but due to the U.S. pandemic that put many people out of work. I was pretty successful and was able to be rewarded with 2 awards in the short time that I was working."

in Olympia, WA

"I worked for Amazon for 10 years. I found it to be a wonderful company. Very employee oriented. Great company to work for."

in San Francisco, CA

"Aflac is a tremendous company with a sterling reputation and outstanding products. The only issue I have is that they hire on employees on a 1099 basis and not W-2. But as it is a sales position, it makes sense. They don't want to pay you unless you are actually doing the work."

Independent Insurance Producer
in Lilburn, GA

"Great place to not only work but with great benefits for its customers too. I was not only selling insurance but also helped my customers with financial security."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in San Antonio, TX

"I retired from education and was looking for a new challenge. I was recruited by Aflac and was accepted into the training program for Aflac. I had lots of training and of course plenty of studying for the Texas license. Very strenuous program and worked diligently at studying and of course passing the state license exam. I was very fortunate in earning 2 awards for a beginner. The awards were monetary and was very pleased with myself at the time. But then the pandemic came around and did not have the same opportunities of getting out in front of business owners and that is when I decided to stay home for fear of getting sick myself or my family."

Aflac Employee

"Aflac is an amazing company with unlimited possibilities as it relates to building an amazing career and substantial income! All of this is done while helping businesses and families protect their financial futures!"

MuleSoft Developer
in Columbus, GA

"Favorable work environment. Great team communication."

in Bradenton, FL

"Commission only job. Hard to make a living"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Columbus, GA

"I have worked as a Benefits Advisor for Aflac for a year. This position has made me a much better marketing and sales candidate, and I will always be grateful. The only reason I want to leave is to explore a more marketing-related career."

in Sarasota, FL

"I worked for Aflac for 6 months and with the Covid-19 very hard to make money due to companies being closed."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Aflac Employee

"Aflac Seattle has massive potential for sales, relationships, and growth within the insurance industry."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5