180 University of Michigan Reviews

Browse University of Michigan Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at University of Michigan give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest University of Michigan employees are Postdoctoral Research Fellows submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Research Assistants with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 149 University of Michigan Review Ratings)

"As a graduate student research assistant, your job is to test and execute any ideas a professor has for a particular research topic. Whenever you are able to add some insight you are expected to do so. The job is part-time but will cover all tuition costs so it is well worth it."
Posted 8 years ago in Ann Arbor, MI
Pharmacy Technician
in Ann Arbor, MI

"Michigan Medicine is a fantastic place to work, with outstanding insurance and retirement benefits, employee unions, and a great work environment. The only big complaint I have is the medical campus is so large, it is extremely hard to find parking close to the hospital. I did find it hard for vertical growth within my department, but I feel like that comes with the Pharmacy Technician field so Michigan Medicine is not at fault."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Marquette, MI

"I've worked for the IT Helpdesk at Northern Michigan University since August 2020. The job here has been a great experience for me since I got the opportunity to work within my field of study, help students, faculty and retirees with their computer problems (software, hardware and networks) as well as learning how to communicate efficiently with client's to avoid technical language barriers and misunderstandings. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience to work at the IT Helpdesk at NMU and my co-workers were great."

Research Assistant
in Dearborn, MI

"I've worked as a research assistant at the University of Michigan-Dearborn for 2 years. From this position, I could learn a number of lessons such as designing research, conducting experiments,s and analyzing data for the experiment. Dr.Sang-Hwan Kim was a great advisor who is professional and kind. He guided our lab and taught us to be a great scholar."

Field Interviewer
in Ann Arbor, MI

"I have worked for the University of Michigan since 2016 and they are a great company to work for as student and or a retiree as they allow you to work remotely and you have the ability to create your own schedule. As long as you are able to meet project goals and deadlines, management will continue to staff you for various other projects and will also provide you with the opportunity to travel nationwide if you express interest."

in Ann Arbor, MI

"I've worked for Cai Lab since 2019. It is a nice place to do research. Everyone in the lab is supportive and has deep knowledge."

in Ann Arbor, MI

"The university of Michigan is incredible place to learn and work. I’ve worked here for 2 years and find the opportunities and research to be innovative and exciting."

in Dearborn, MI

"It’s a good work environment, but communication and streamlining work flow could be much better."

Research Assistant
in Ann Arbor, MI

"I had my PhD study at University of Michigan for 5 years. It was a great experience with very kind and helpful faculties and fellow students with very diverse backgrounds."

in Ann Arbor, MI

"The University of Michigan offers plenty of support and guidance to both graduate and undergraduate students. The faculty and knowledgeable and genuinely invested in student growth. I am very grateful for my education and work experience at UM."

Network Analyst
in Ann Arbor, MI

"Great company to work for."

in Ann Arbor, MI

"Great place to work! Low pressure and everyone is really nice!"

in Dearborn, MI

"I have worked with the professor for over 7 months now and I find him deeply knowledgeable, his way of giving the tasks is simple but hard to get it done, I take it as a challenge each time."

Research Engineer
in Ann Arbor, MI

"University of Michigan provides amazing research labs nested in the heart of green ann arbor. with the world class professors and scientists who constantly guide your journey to the amazing student projects culture that has made this esteemed university a place to be for sciences and research."

in Dearborn, MI

"Enjoyed working. Great learning experience."

in Ann Arbor, MI

"Working at the University of Michigan is a great opportunity"