University of Massachusetts Employee Job Reviews

Browse University of Massachusetts Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at University of Massachusetts give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest University of Massachusetts employees are Research Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.2 and Teaching Assistants also with a rating of 4.2.

(based on 116 University of Massachusetts Review Ratings)

"I have enjoyed working at the Annual Fund. I enjoyed the motivating atmosphere and there is room to grow. You foster a lot of great connections and there are opportunities to learn and develop new skills."
Posted 8 years ago
in Lowell, MA

"I've worked for UMass Lowell IT Tech Services for over a year. I find that the job always has you learning new things and challenging you in different ways."

in North Dartmouth, MA

"I worked as a research assistant for a little over a year, my experience was very positive and I learned an incredible amount. I wouldn't say the job required long hours but it was tough to fit it in with my school schedule at times. There was a lot of expectation to produce good results which could be stressful at times and It involved a lot of presenting to groups of people which is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. all and all I'm extremely happy to have worked as a researcher."

University of Massachusetts (133)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Viacom (33)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is JD Audio & Video Design (6)
in Lowell, MA

"I have been working as a graduate research assistant for the University of Massachusetts Lowell for 2 years. The benefits provided with the employment are commendable and the stipend received during the tenure is also decent. Looking at other benefits like gyms, pools play important role in reviving mental and physical strength. Although Covid restricted some activities and programs but being part of such institution not only helps you grow academically but also professionally. I would recommend being a part of the institution either as a student or as an employee."

Undergraduate Student Researcher
in Lowell, MA

"I have worked at UMass Lowell as a student. I enjoy working there. I want to experience the venture in the outer-world. This will add to my experience and will help me progress as an individual."

Data Science Intern

"Amazing job! Keep up the good work done by everyone. The commitment is commendable."

in Lowell, MA

"I have been working in UML since 2017 as PhD student and TA/RA. Although the compensation is not competitive with other universities, it is a great place to study your PhD, especially for international students."

Resident Assistant
in Amherst, MA

"I am a student employee at UMass Amherst, working as a Resident Assistant. This position has allowed me to develop tremendous interpersonal and leadership skills that will go a long way in my career. My supervisors are always helpful in guiding me through situations that maybe out of my scope. Overall, UMass is a great place to work"

Graduate Teaching Assistant
in Lowell, MA

"I worked as a Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant at UMass Lowell. I have sucessesfully completed my Thesis and was able to provide assistance to the students for the courses: VLSI Design, VLSI Fabrication, and Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit and Fabrication. I would like to say that my advisor has helped me understand various industry standards by keeping me involved in all the aspects of the labs."

in Boston, MA

"Moved from Ecuador seven years ago. First Generation student who just obtained his degree from UMass Boston and had three jobs while being a full time student. Worked for UMass Boston-Community Relations as an assistant director during my senior year, as well a Facility Student Supervisor for the Recreation Department of the University. Have served for six years as a banquet server at the Waterfront Venezia restaurant, giving top-notch customer service."

in Lowell, MA

"I worked at UMass Lowell between 2016 and 2020. They are an emerging leader in American education and as a public university work hard to maintain affordability and access for all students. The work environment on campus is student driven and the type of employee that is successful is passionate about working with students and getting to know their co-workers. It's not uncommon to meet co-workers who are alum and that speaks to the close culture the university creates in spite of being such a large place. I recommend the University to anyone interested in applying."

University of Massachusetts Employee

"I've worked for Carl Fiocchi of University of Massachusetts, Amherst. I've found to be a strong leader with good ethical values with an emphasis on learning. He is been teaching for the past 30 years now and is doing an excellent job."

in North Dartmouth, MA

"I am very pleased with the work experience and opportunities I got with this job."

Setup Configuration Specialist
in Dartmouth, MA

"I was doing a part-time job here while studying. Umass has really supported me in bad times and I got to learn very much from Umass."

in Lowell, MA

"I have worked for the University of Massachusetts Lowell for 4 years as a teaching and research assistant. It was my pleasure to be a part of an active research team under the supervision of a professional supervisor. I was very pleased with the research facilities at the school which helped me conducting cutting edge research."

Undergraduate Tutor
in North Dartmouth, MA

"He was my professor for over 3 semesters before I started working for him"