(based on 33 TransAmerica Review Ratings)
in Baltimore, MD

"I have worked for Transamerica and the company is not very diverse especially in my team"

in City of Industry, CA

"The company treats you well. Coworkers are friendly and also kept business professional. Only main issue I can discern is the technology to get work done is slow."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Tax Accountant
in Cedar Rapids, IA

"? Audit financial records to determine tax liability for large companies. ? Review material assets, income, surpluses, liabilities, and expenditures from taxpayer to verify net worth or reported financial status and identify potential tax issues. ? Analyze issues to determine the nature, scope, and direction of investigation required. ? Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns specializing in large businesses, partnership income tax returns."

Team Leader
in Little Rock, AR

"I've worked for Transamerica for a year and I love this company. I'm disappointed that this location is being eradicated from Arkansas, but I know when one door closes a better one is opened, and I would like the opportunity, to impress you with all I can bring to the company."

Average TransAmerica Ratings in the Past 3 Years

TransAmerica Employee

"Constant reorganizing and layoffs. Upper management is way out of touch with their employees. Not a happy place."

Director of Marketing
in Diamond Bar, CA

"I'VE WORKED FOR WFG/Transamerica for almost one year. It is an opportunity to build your own financial business. It is very high impact in sales and recruiting. A company to build a legacy of passive income."

in Plano, TX

"I've worked at TA since 2007 and really enjoy the team I am on. The frequent re-orgs are an issue, however."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Plano, TX

"I have worked at TA for over 7 years and the IT department re-orgs every 2 or 3 months."

J2EE Consultant
in Baltimore, MD

"I have worked for this company for last 4 years. Wonderful work environment. Nice place to work. Got freedom to share and implement the new ideas which helps the organization and team. Learned many things technically and personally last 4 years."

J2EE Consultant

in Corona, CA

"If you don't mind hitting up your warm market for leads, and growing your business through recruiting, (sort-of MLM-style), you can do well here."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Saint Joseph, MI

"Decent job. Steady work. Proprietary systems that required heavy learning curve."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Marketing Trainer
in Maumelle, AR

"I have 4 years National Sales Trainer/ RFP Coordinator experience, and 6 months as an Intermediate Trainer."

What do you like about working at TransAmerica?

"Intelligent, savvy leadership at the top locally. Growth focused. You are rewarded with bonuses,pensions, and 401K matching. Most supervisors are aspiring for the best in performance and people. The president and CFO are educated and goal driven but act like just regular folks you would want to go to the game with. My tenure here we've had double digit growth every year except this one. This year its a bit out of our control, but there is a constant effort to get where we need to be."

"Prepare wisely and be yourself. Be honest otherwise you will be harming yourself and others. Integrity counts above all else."

What don't you like about working at TransAmerica?

"Some change, but that is just my nature. Although we have experience a re-alignment, it is well-intended and necessary from a dicipline standpoint."

"Take it one day at a time. Count your blessings. We will get where we need to be. You are appreciated."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Administrative Assistant

What do you like about working at TransAmerica?

"I like the people and friends, event planning, and easy communication between managers and staff."

"Show enthusiasm and commitment to learn, be well organized, and exceed expectations. Your attitude should be that your job is to make your manager's job easier."

What don't you like about working at TransAmerica?

"There are minimal career growth opportunities for administrative type positions."

"I would suggest more career growth opportunities and team-building events to help build morale."

National Sales Trainer
in Little Rock, AR

What do you like about working at TransAmerica?

"I like that it is profitable, growing, and in a great industry. It's a nice building in a nice area."

"Stick to the script, as panel interviews are the only factor that matters."

What don't you like about working at TransAmerica?

"I dislike the level of education, maturity, pay, and quality of people. They are very poor."

"Compensate education. Training and development should be compensated instead of used car salesman skills."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5