47 Total Quality Logistics Reviews

Browse Total Quality Logistics Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 45 Total Quality Logistics Review Ratings)
4.7
4.8
"I have worked for TQL for over 7 years now and it has been one of the best jobs that I have held. The company is all about driving growth and truly cares about its employees. I am amazed at everything the company does to show it employees how much they care about them. There are numerous opportunities to advance and I enjoy the opportunity to work with such a talented group of people."
Posted 5 years ago in Cincinnati, OH
Database Developer
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked for TQL since 2006. It is a very fast paced company. Working in IT there is a great opportunity to learn new things. Unlike other IT departments I have worked for IT at TQL is not just a cost center it is leveraged as strategic resource. We get to solve problems every day."

in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked here since 2011 and I am incredibly impressed with the company's willingness to make big changes in response to employee feedback."

Total Quality Logistics Employee

"This job is by no means easy, it is hard but extremely rewarding. You have the opportunity to build your business from the ground up, your success depends on you. With the right work ethic and determination you can easily make over $100,000 per year. All of the tools you need are provided for you and the success is real. You have to ask yourself, are you the one who is going to work hard, not take no for an answer, and failure isn't an option. If you want to move up in a company, this is where you need to go! I have been with the company for 2 and a half years and I have the opportunity to run my own office. The training offered is incredible, and from the CEO all the way down the chain everyone is invested in each employee's success."

Sales Leader

"I've worked with TQL for over 4 years now. I started in the corporate office in Cincinnati, OH in October of 2010 and moved down to our Austin, TX satellite in May of 2014. I have witnessed many changes to the company since I started and all have been positive in terms of rapid growth and employee benefits. TQL is now a salary plus commission sales floor with uncapped earning potential. I have worked with 4 different sales managers as I have moved laterally within the company and have benefited from the mentorship of each individual. Management styles vary greatly and that is a reflection of the diversity of the sales floor. Training is comprehensive and inclusive, allowing individual brokers to build their own book of business with their own sales approach and operational style. IT is in-house and industry leading and makes the day to day more manageable. Promotions are results-based and are awarded from within the company. Almost every single manager in the company started on the sales floor with very few exceptions."

in Cincinnati, OH

"Sales is a difficult job, you have to be willing to put the hours in to see the results."

in Milford, OH

"They work hard to make the employees enjoy their job."

in Cincinnati, OH

"Success is greatly determined by office politics."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"I would recommend working for this company."

Logistics Account Executive

"Good job, very competitive and Steve is a great guy to work for. Worth a shot for sure."

in Columbus, OH

"TQL is a great place to work - the Columbus location is topnotch."

What do you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"I like the unlimited earning potential and no caps on commission. The environment is great and the office culture is a work hard/play hard mentality."

"Don't bother interviewing if you are wishy-washy and not fully committed to putting in a lot of effort, with the expectation of making a lot of money. This is not a job for the faint of heart. You have to have thick skin and have to thrive under pressure."

What don't you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"Not everyone succeeds in this job, but with a lot of hard work (staying late, making a lot of calls, building your network of customers) you can see a 6-figure income within a couple years of starting."

"Continue to do what you are doing. Continue to enter into new markets to give salespeople other areas to push for leads/freight."

Sales Leader

"Hard work has been rewarded with leadership development and monetary gains."

What do you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"The opportunity for growth is amazing. I haven't experienced anything like it before coming here. The atmosphere is young and energetic."

"Be honest with yourself with what you're looking for in a company. The inside sales role here isn't a good fit for everyone. TQL lays everything out on the table during the interview process. Do not be afraid to dive in deeper to questions that arise along the way."

What don't you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"Being on call 24/7 is integral to achieving a high level of success. However, the night calls can be tiresome."

"Continue to put the emphasis on employee growth and development. It's the great driving force that keeps TQL smashing records!"

in Dayton, OH

What do you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"The training was exceptional. And, the job support from upper management was excellent."

"Just realize broker sales is a unique business before starting."

What don't you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"It's not so much the company, but the industry. The transportation industry is not the most ethical type of business out there. In fact, this industry thrives on taking advantage of your customers as much as possible and being dishonest with carrier companies as much as possible. This is the nature of this industry. Although it is right for some, I thrive in a sales position that has more focus on product quality and customer service."

"Although l feel the industry is unethical, I believe management does everything possible to make the job experience fulfilling and worthwhile."

Work Setting 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
in Columbus, OH

"Fast-paced."

What do you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"The office environment is very conducive for competition and encouragement for sales-driven success."

"Be ready to work 55+ hours a week if you want to have a chance at success at TQL."

What don't you like about working at Total Quality Logistics?

"The last part of the sales process is to find a truck and book him on the load that I told my potential customer I can cover. There have been many instances where the truck would simply not show up, as the driver has found another higher-paying load, leaving me high and dry. This can be quite frustrating, as I have heard any and all excuses why a truck cannot be where it is supposed to be, when it is supposed to be."

"Due to the competition between fellow brokers here within the company, the search for leads inevitably leads to conflict on whose prospect belongs to whose. This can lead to bitter battles where people back stab and steal each others leads in a very unprofessional manner."