(based on 15 Sykes Review Ratings)
in Fort Smith, AR

"I worked at Sykes for almost two years and found the company to be well below average for the type of corporate client they were attempting to maintain. Having worked at other corporate call centers, the culture at Sykes was a relatively subpar by comparison. I was hired with over 10 years of call center experience and grouped in a training class with people who had never worked in that environment. The training provided was actually only about 30% - 40% relevant to the type of calls received. The entire time in training the managers, supervisors and team leads introduce themselves and discuss all the team reliability and support that is readily available. In actuality, in order to receive any assistance, the agents are required to place customer's (often upset) on extended holds and wait for assistance. The whole "we are all a team" is just a motto that is tossed around in a work environment that reveals high school hierarchy. In short, if you need a job, this is as good a place as any to start. If you are developing your career, run far and fast in the opposite direction."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Customer Service Agent
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Excellent opportunity to learn and interact with Fintech"

Customer Service Representative
in Montgomery, AL

"I’ve worked for 2 call centers both are in Montgomery al , I have worked at Sykes for a year in a half being a customer service representative rep i started working at Sykes in 2017 and ended in 2019 i stared working at ASK in 2019 and ended this year of 2020"

Call Center Representative
in Fort Smith, AR

"Sykes is a great place to work, unfortunately Covid-19 kept me from being able to peruse my employment with them!"

in Remote, OR

"I’ve worked with Sykes for a month and it is a great company to work for! They really help you and prepare you to be successful at your job."

in Montgomery, AL

"Laid back and independent work environment"

in Sumter, SC

"It's a contact center. The shifts are normal shifts, The work is all inbound phone calls from customers that have questions personal finance products for a major banking institution. The environment is a normal contact center, Some of it can be toxic, some is positive. The most part of the toxicity comes from phone agents that are upset about a call, or calls they took. The resources that are available are thorough. The training is sufficient, so long as you put in the effort to learn the material. Like any other position, you get out of the position what you put in. The pay is a bit low, however it's the only major contact center in the area, so Leadership can set the pay-scale. The benefits packages that are offered, seem to be in line with other benefits packages that are available in the state. Leadership will really sell new employees on internal promotion. The truth is that while promotion does occur from within, the available positions for that internal promotion are limited. When promotion becomes available, management looks at all of your statistics first, then they'll go into interviews sometimes. Sometimes this process is "fixed" as they will hire from within without going through an interview process. All in all, not a terrible place to work if you can handle calls and work with other people. You will get out of the job what you put into it."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Specialist

"I worked for Sykes for a couple of months and it’s been a good experience, it’s a work from position and I would recommend others to work there but unfortunately it’s a seasonal position and I need something full time. But the work is excellent."

in Tampa, FL

"After 5 years I would say it is a good place to work. The company offers many growth opportunities and learning paths."

Sykes Employee

"Enjoyed my 8 almost 9 years"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Langhorne, PA

"I started at Sykes in 2009 as a Health Care Customer Service Rep and moved up the ladder in four positions. I have proven to be a great employee and coworker. Once my company decided to out source, I was given the opportunity to go back to school. I have recently completed nine months of school for Medical Billing and Coding."

in Langhorne, PA

"Long hours, lots of drama in the workplace, no incentives."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"Sykes is a very large corporation. They are worldwide and employ thousands of employees."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Risk Manager
in Tampa, FL

"The experience was worth the two years spent at the company."

What do you like about working at Sykes?

"Working at the company was a real pleasure, I would recommend it to anyone."

"Be yourself, understand there is always more to a request than is apparent."

What don't you like about working at Sykes?

"Support from certain associates was limited and overlooked. Learn to manage leadership more closely."

"Continue to grow leadership with a depth of experience and trust."

IT Support Specialist
in Morganfield, KY

"Satifactory. Developed stronger Customer Service Skills"

What do you like about working at Sykes?

"The main thing I liked about working for this company was the ability to advance and train new recruits."

"New recruits should be prepared to handle situations that a call center provides."

What don't you like about working at Sykes?

"This biggest downfall for working at this company was the last of decent management staff."

"Allow for interaction with other staff to provide on site assistance between them."