(based on 16 Sunglass Hut Review Ratings)
in Wilkes Barre, PA

"I worked for Sunglass Hut for over 3 years. Although this doesn't match the criteria you're looking for in a job I showed my full dedication reaching sales goals and communicating with customers. This job received my full potential as you will as well. I focused on communicating correctly in order to make the perfect sale and always showed up ready to work. I gained many other skills here as well such as time management, organization, and technical."

in Greensboro, NC

"Very good company and people."

Sunglass Hut (26)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
Sunglass Hut Employee

"Great company, learned a lot and met cool people!"

in Montgomery Village, MD

"It was a good experience working at sunglass hut, I lured customer service skills. I also enjoyed helping people find what they wanted and got to know the brands. Some of the brands I worked with Prada, Gucci, Ray-Ban, and Oakley just to name a few. Overall I enjoyed my experience at Sunglass Hut."

Average Sunglass Hut Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in San Antonio, TX

"The people who work within the corporate office are lost when it comes to running a company many of the policies are not relatable in the real world. The changing needs (coupons/ deals) of customers is not being met. There is a severe lack of proper training not just with employees but with upper management. Also specific needs to stores is not considered, open concept stores are not suitable to many locations, often loss prevention issues are not considered when it comes to store concepts. Also the human resources department is biased often ignoring the needs of the associates in favor of the wants of upper management."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Birch Run, MI

"I very much enjoy working here. The atmosphere is excellent, the staff I work with are all very enjoyable to be part of a team with. It will be hard to leave once I've found a career job, but I will keep in contact with all the staff. They've become a family to me."

in Overland, MO

"I've worked for Sunglass Hut for almost 4 years. I've outlasted some managers and have had opportunities to move up, but I wasn't prepared then. Now I'm at a point where there's no point for me to be there when I don't get enough hours even though I'm juggling between two locations to make up for the hours being cut. Any opportunity to move up that was promised hasn't been fulfilled like stated. Other than that, working here is fine, but wanting to build a career is hard when you're unheard."

Assistant Manager

"The company doesn't take into account certain variables that effect our sales."

Sales Manager

"Sunglass Hut is great but I need something more challenging with better pay. I feel I'm not being pushed to my potential and just feel cornered right now."

Sales Associate

"Sunglass Hut has been a great job for me as a student, even though the pay isn't that great. My former manager was amazing and was really flexible with my hours. There's just not a good/easy way to move up, and regional people can be really pushy. If you're not materialistic, they look down on you, telling everyone about it. If you're really into fashion, high maintenance, etc. then you'll love it. I'm just not a big fan of sunglasses, even though the products really are superior to elsewhere."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Danbury, CT

"It was a pretty horrible experience which nobody should have to deal with."

What do you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"I liked my first manager who was honest, friendly and really cared about the job."

"Ask about the real hours and sales goals. Ask about how many old friends the manager has working for him or her. RUN AWAY FROM THE DOWNSTAIRS DANBURY CT STORE!!"

What don't you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"Most of the employees were high school friends who sold for each other to make it look like they reached their goals, gave each other the best sales day hours, and basically sabotaged anyone who wasn't part of their click. The acting manager was a complete control freak, dishonest and thought her position was sooo important that it permitted her to mistreat employees. The Regional Manager was rude and thought nothing of calling out employees in a disrespectful way...even in front of customers. Again, another power hungry person who truly believed she could mistreat anyone she wanted..just because. This was a truly terrible work environment and even discriminatory with nasty comments made about customers and other employees ALL OF THE TIME."

"Become human beings. You really are not all that important! Show some respect and kindness toward your employees and STOP the dishonesty and sabotage."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Manager

"I loved this company. It's a fun working enviornment."

What do you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"This was a fun company to work for. It allowed me to style people in a way that they could be who they really were."

"Be ready to give your opinions on how something looks on someone and be honest."

What don't you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"The one downside was the working during holidays throughout the year since I was in a high profile area."

"Continue to bring out the best in people. Over the years, things have changed but look at everyone's potential."

Retail Store Manager
in Greensboro, NC

What do you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"Nothing at all. I really don't like going to work"

"Consider other places of employment. Associate pay is horrible and manager pay is ok at best"

What don't you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"It's boring with not enough pay. The company is very unorganized"

"I would pay employees more and have double coverage every day"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Store Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

What do you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"The small store environment. ever changing product and customers, free sunglasses"

"Smile, Be energetic, and willing to work any and all hours. Strive to sell the most and make the most commission"

What don't you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"Upper Management in Las Vegas was focused on the wrong things, and failed to create a winning and supportive team."

"I would listen to the employees on the front line. and contribute to their success by providing more job opportunities and training"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Flushing, MI

What do you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"safe, fun, with opportunity for growth, staff was great and fun to work with."

"be yourself, be honest and truthful. and read up about the different sunglass company before hand."

What don't you like about working at Sunglass Hut?

"demands on meeting certain sales goals. To focused on the numbers instead of offering the best sunglasses to the individual."

"nothing really to change much only the fact to focus on selling to the individual."