(based on 86 Rutgers University Review Ratings)
"I love working for Rutgers University Residence Life. I will never trade this experience for anything. I believe that I made lifetime friends and obtain work experience that will help me in the future. Learn to live with deadlines and be transparent when in comes to communicating with your supervisor."
Posted 6 years ago in New Brunswick, NJ
in New Brunswick, NJ

"Challenging is the game of higher education. This company will challenge even seasoned veterans to elevate their knowledge, experience, interactions, and conflict resolution. Those poised to succeed will be open to teamwork and able to shift gears at a moment's notice."

in Newark, NJ

"Being an international student in Rutgers & being in new country. Working with Rutgers was a great experience. I found staff members and colleagues were very helpful and understanding."

Rutgers University (110)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Kean University (12)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vatterott College (8)
Tutor
in Newark, NJ

"It was an amazing experience got to learn a lot along with technical I also could improve on my interpersonal skills. Learned and shared a lot of knowledge."

in New Brunswick, NJ

"I was a graduate researcher. Under my professor's guidance, I completed my thesis on computation study on the thermal performance of microchannel heat sinks."

Average Rutgers University Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Network Support Help Desk Supervisor
in Piscataway, NJ

"I've worked for the Rutgers University OIT Help Desk for 4.5 years and have gained valuable customer service and technical troubleshooting skills through this position. The Rutgers OIT Help Desk assists all university affiliates with problems ranging from account issues, device troubleshooting, networking configuration, and anything a user may have a question about. We also effectively escalate issues to other departments when further support is needed."

in Piscataway, NJ

"I was working as a graduate researcher assistant in Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation (CAIT) of Rutgers University during my Ph.D. program. My research topic is about machine learning algorithms and data science"

in Newark, NJ

"My RA position was an amazing experience as i have learnt integrating Tableau with AWS. The overall work culture is very good here and i have an amazing supervisor to help me during all my bottleneck situations."

in Piscataway, NJ

"I was a graduate student in the Materials Science and Engineering department. While pursuing a master's degree, I was working as a graduate research assistant on my thesis. The faculty is enthusiastic, and the courses are designed to obtain a broad knowledge of this discipline."

in New Brunswick, NJ

"I've been a Graduate Researcher for Rutgers University for over 2 years now. I started working at the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Lab to work on my MS Thesis, but my time there has taught me a lot more than just Mechanical Engineering. While gaining skills such as hands-on manufacturing and machining, advanced manufacturing and design & simulation, I have also become proficient in public speaking, presentations, teamwork, communication and leadership. After graduating from Rutgers, I now wish to work for a company that helps me improve these skills of mine, while contributing to the organization in making the world better."

PHP Developer
in New Brunswick, NJ

"I have worked for Rutgers on 2 projects as in PHP developer. Designed and developed processes to create courses, students and enrollments using the Moodle Web Services API. Upgraded the site from Moodle 2.8 to 3.5. Tested and implemented the changes on the upgraded site Deployed the AdminLTE theme for the Laravel App. Created migrations and seeds for custom user roles and permissions. Analyzed the usage of Docker to containerize an application. Implemented the Laravel App using docker-compose and containers"

in New Brunswick, NJ

"Best school that I have ever been to."

in Piscataway, NJ

"Good research experiences. Lots of bureaucracy. Impersonal faculty members."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Assistant Dean

"I have a twenty-year track record as a major gifts fundraiser and Chief Development Officer for institutions including Columbia University/Teachers College, Rutgers University and the NY Museum of Arts and Design, most recently as Assistant Dean for External Affairs of the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy/ Rutgers University where I served for eight years as personal adviser to one of the state’s most respected economic forecasters, Dr. James W. Hughes."

in Edison, NJ
in Piscataway, NJ

"All my previous bosses are great and I love working with them."