2.6
(based on 5 rue21 Review Ratings)
1.8
1.8
2.4
rue21 Employee
in Gloucester City, NJ

"Rue21 is a great employer if you love trendy clothes! The company is constantly revamping and improving its tools to support their leaders."

Store Manager
in Cape Girardeau, MO

What do you like about working at rue21?

"Great upper management support, many career opportunities for advancement. Meow."

"Make sure you know EXACTLY what you're signing on for, what postion, what store, and make it clear what your salary expectations are."

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"I am incredibly depressed because I work for a corporation selling cheap items that were made by outsourced labor. Rue 21 is just like any other retail job out there."

"Have more competitive salaries, have a more ecologically responsible company, I wouldn't open new stores at such an alarming rate without having a proper staff to run them!!!"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

rue21 (5)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (11)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is rue21 (5)
Sales Associate

"making minimum wage for a year isn't right"

What do you like about working at rue21?

"I love the freedom to clean just about whatever you want, within your assigned zone, you wanna fold then fold, you wanna fix the walls untangle racks go for just do something. I also love how close the girls and I are we're like a lil rueFamily. rue is also good about breaks (OSHA yelled at 'em recently) you HAVE to take your 30 minute break like clock out and clock back in."

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"they send us way too much stock which we then have to cram into a tiny store or they'll give us a bigger store with more crap. If you don't sell fragrance you die... if you do your manager gets a turkey or ham around thanksgiving (woo). I've worked there a year, never had a customer complaint, and am continuously a top fragrance seller, and get minimum wage, a new boy started last week, also a sales associate makes 25 cents more than me, my friend started after me quit came back and makes 15 cents more than me.. thats just not right. I'm also not considered full time because I work 38 hours a week for the past 2 months (you need to work 40hrs for 3 weeks to be full time, and then get a pay raise.) thank rue for nothing, they also don't even trust us enough to void an item oh you scanned something twice buy accident that sucks now you have to scream across the store for a manager to stop whatever they're doing and come void something."

"my managers fine, the CEO needs to fire the buyer/buyers who buy ugly crap in large quantities which consequently ends up shoved on an overstuffed $2 rounder. The part that really gets me is they send the same crap that didn't sell last year and expect it to sell, now thats just idiocy."

Cashier
in Severn, MD

"Overstuffed with junk, bad managing,"

What do you like about working at rue21?

"I like how we have to make sure we check in for the Rue do everyday so we can know how much sales we need, how many fragrances we need to sell.. ect"

"Just be really nice. Being black will help since they are semI racist. Ummmm....they have really low standards on who they hire so it doesn't really matter.Most likely some other company will value you much more :)"

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"-How if you work less than 5 1/2 hours then you can't get a break so managers will make u work 5 hours & 29 minutes at the max JUST SO you dont get a break.The company is VERY unorganized & sloppy. I've seen managers come & go. Not only my store but I know other Rue 21's that are complete chaos. The company sends tonsss OF CRAP to fit into a little store & if the rue 21 is bigger then they just send even more crap. The store is VERY packed & unshoppable which also makes it a disaster to clean after costumers go crazy on our racks making tons of clothes fall off.I tried to proffesionally speak to my manager about this but all they do is tell all the other assistant managers what I said so they can be annoyed by me or something..I also get harrassed to take a 10 minute break...when thats ALL I get."

"You should take the business more seriously, Don't over pack the stores, & respect your employees."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Sales Associate
in Duluth, GA

What do you like about working at rue21?

"I love working with people. I've enjoyed gaining my communications skills and my customer service skills. Overall, I just enjoy the atmosphere."

"Show that you have a bubbly personality. If you don't then fake it to you make it. Keep a smile on your face and show them that you are customer focused only. Basically, having an outgoing personality and answering the questions correctly will get you the job."

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"Being lost at my job is not a feeling I enjoy. The managers are not in sync with each other and when they aren't in sync then my co-workers aren't in sync. Its not as comfortable. We don't bond like we should. The pay is for high school students only. I don't get a raise until 1 year of service. I understand that, but less than a quarter raise"

"I would have better communication skill with my employees. I would make sure who I hire is the right fit for my company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5