rue21 Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Browse rue21 Reviews by Job Title →

Sales Associates at rue21 give their company a 2.4 out of 5.0, while the average rating for rue21 is 2.6, making them 8% less happy than every other employee at rue21 and 40% less happy than every other Sales Associate on CareerBliss - the happiest Sales Associates work for University of Georgia.

2.4
(based on 2 Sales Associate Review Ratings)
Sales Associate

"making minimum wage for a year isn't right"

What do you like about working at rue21?

"I love the freedom to clean just about whatever you want, within your assigned zone, you wanna fold then fold, you wanna fix the walls untangle racks go for just do something. I also love how close the girls and I are we're like a lil rueFamily. rue is also good about breaks (OSHA yelled at 'em recently) you HAVE to take your 30 minute break like clock out and clock back in."

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"they send us way too much stock which we then have to cram into a tiny store or they'll give us a bigger store with more crap. If you don't sell fragrance you die... if you do your manager gets a turkey or ham around thanksgiving (woo). I've worked there a year, never had a customer complaint, and am continuously a top fragrance seller, and get minimum wage, a new boy started last week, also a sales associate makes 25 cents more than me, my friend started after me quit came back and makes 15 cents more than me.. thats just not right. I'm also not considered full time because I work 38 hours a week for the past 2 months (you need to work 40hrs for 3 weeks to be full time, and then get a pay raise.) thank rue for nothing, they also don't even trust us enough to void an item oh you scanned something twice buy accident that sucks now you have to scream across the store for a manager to stop whatever they're doing and come void something."

"my managers fine, the CEO needs to fire the buyer/buyers who buy ugly crap in large quantities which consequently ends up shoved on an overstuffed $2 rounder. The part that really gets me is they send the same crap that didn't sell last year and expect it to sell, now thats just idiocy."

Sales Associate
in Duluth, GA

What do you like about working at rue21?

"I love working with people. I've enjoyed gaining my communications skills and my customer service skills. Overall, I just enjoy the atmosphere."

"Show that you have a bubbly personality. If you don't then fake it to you make it. Keep a smile on your face and show them that you are customer focused only. Basically, having an outgoing personality and answering the questions correctly will get you the job."

What don't you like about working at rue21?

"Being lost at my job is not a feeling I enjoy. The managers are not in sync with each other and when they aren't in sync then my co-workers aren't in sync. Its not as comfortable. We don't bond like we should. The pay is for high school students only. I don't get a raise until 1 year of service. I understand that, but less than a quarter raise"

"I would have better communication skill with my employees. I would make sure who I hire is the right fit for my company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5