(based on 87 Pratt & Whitney Review Ratings)
"I'm proud to say I worked there and grateful for the personal and professional growth I received."
Posted 10 years ago
in North Berwick, ME

"My initial review was deleted because this company has a ton of special interest clients, including Google, who censor the Truth about this corporation... I worked for Pratt for over 6 months as a Quality Inspector; my work was great, my coworkers appreciated me, and my supervisors respected me highly. Out of no where one day, the HR department called me into their office and advised me I was being suspended and investigated for posting a comment on my Facebook exposing Satanism, child-abuse and human trafficking. One week later they called me and informed me I was terminated from my employment. NH Unemployment Security deemed that my termination was unjustified, and that Pratt and Whitney did not even answer/show-up for NH Unemployment Security's investigation trial. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, AS THEIR ACTIONS PROMOTE THE TRAFFICKING, ***SEX***-ABUSE AND SATANIC RITUAL SACRIFICE OF CHILDREN. THE HEADS OF THIS COMPANY ARE IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE SATANIC OCCULT WHO HATE JESUS CHRIST AND THE COMMON GOOD OF PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

Senior Design Assurance Engineer
in Jupiter, FL

"Fantastic. Please check out the website."

Pratt & Whitney (152)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
in Middletown, CT

"Pratt and Whitney is a leader of aerospace and is always developing new technology ."

Purchasing Analyst
in San Antonio, TX

"My tenure at Pratt & Whitney was from 01/1998 to 05/2014 and the best company I have worked for to date. I would have stayed with P&W if not for the plant closure at San Antonio and not being able to re-locate to Oklahoma City due to current obligations for my family and home in SA."

Average Pratt & Whitney Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Columbus, GA

"I've worked for Pratt & Whitney for about 3 years and I've found it to be a company with a lot of great ideas, and excellent potential. Some points of improvement would be in making the rubber meet the road in an efficient manner and showing high value for talent."

Intern
in East Hartford, CT

"Good company to work for as an intern. I learned a lot of my on site technical skills at Pratt and Whitney. They offered a lot of opportunities for their interns. The facility was very nice and accommodating for new hires. The tools and systems we were working on were definitely the best in the industry. The only negative was that I was not hired out of school, but then again they only had so many positions to fill. If I could I would go through it again and make sure I got hired."

in Canoga Park, CA

"I've worked for Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne (now Aerojet Rocketdyne) for many years. This is a legacy company with a great history but is unable to break out of the paradigm that they are the best. Worker morale deteriorated rapidly with the Pratt buyout from Boeing cutting benefits. SpaceX dumped low launch prices on the market killing PWR's only meaningful revenue stream. Managers are entrenched oligarchs that practice cronyism with reckless abandon. Not the place for innovation."

in Canoga Park, CA

"Aerospace business in United States is changing fast. Management is only focused on government projects which were affected by the budget cuts. There are other commercial companies that are cheaper and faster to create commercial products. Rocketdyne were not be able to adopt this new environment."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Project Coordinator
in Chatsworth, CA

"I loved working at Rocketdyne. Unfortunately they have a hiring freeze and I'm sure it won't lift for a long time. NASA has no money and for the near future they won't, which means Rocketdyne won't."

Project Coordinator
in Chatsworth, CA

"Great company. Don't know about the new owners. Great boss and great working conditions."

Senior SharePoint Consultant

What do you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"Ability to research key topics germane to my assignments. Management leaves you alone 2 to 3 weeks in a row. They wallow."

"Aim high, expect work overload, with industry low wages, yet somewhat steady employment."

What don't you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"Low wages. Way too much bureaucracy. Lack of prudent IT support. Many fiefdoms to navigate!"

"Engage your people, staff, direct reports, at least twice a month. Get involved."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Web Developer
in Hartford, CT

"Corporate working is very bureaucratic and takes forever to get work done."

What do you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"I like being able to do work for a major corporation that I can be proud of in a steady environment."

What don't you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"Because there are many levels of approval, my creativity and experience in design isn't enough to approve anything, so whatever I do takes a week to do rather than one hour (in which I can complete a hard task)."

"Unfortunately, the time-issues cannot be helped in a corporate environment, but that's what I would change. Use my experience in design instead of taking forever to approve it!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Knowledge Management Lead

What do you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"I like that people I work with. I also like the work that I do."

"I would suggest that you are honest. I also think it is impotant to have good people skills"

What don't you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"The biggest issue with the company is the overall out for the company."

"I would suggest that managment look for new markets outside of the core business"

Jet Engine Mechanic

What do you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"A lot of different types of engines to work on."

"Dress very well for Interview and know their engines in development."

What don't you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"Too large of a company and corporation to work with."

Engineer
in West Palm Beach, FL

"I had a satisfying career with Pratt."

What do you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"The work was very exciting and challenging with opportunities to change job positions."

"Only to make sure you understand the job expectations before you take a position."

What don't you like about working at Pratt & Whitney?

"After the company moved its main engineering function to Conn. local opportunities were limited."

"The management at Pratt and Whiney is excellent, I would only suggest that it put more effort into instrumentation engineering."