On average, employees at Pratt & Whitney give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Pratt & Whitney employees are Senior Technical Writers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Interns with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 110 Pratt & Whitney Review Ratings)
"I'm proud to say I worked there and grateful for the personal and professional growth I received."
Posted 11 years ago
in East Hartford, CT

"Working at Pratt and Whitney is a phenomenal opportunity. The people who work there truly love their career and want their coworkers to succeed just as much as they, themselves do. There is a true teamwork mentality that is uplifting and infectious."

in Columbus, GA

"I have worked with Pratt & Whitney for approximately 8 months now and can speak to the positive changes going on within the company as a contractor and from talking to regular employees. Only issue with the company right now is that there is a good deal of local management that is too busy only doing things the "way they have always been done" even if it costs more time and or money down the road."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Pratt & Whitney (175)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sigma Designs (5)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Polara Engineering (6)
in East Hartford, CT

"Great place to work. There is no shortage of work. Sometimes the size of the place can be overwhelming, but if you connect with the right people they will likely help you get what you need. I would stay away if you don't like unpredictability or if you want steady hours."

in East Hartford, CT

"Having been employed at Pratt and Whitney for 4 years, it is a great engineering company. Although aerospace is a long-term industry, it can be bureaucratic but is becoming more streamlined. Ever since I interned, I have had opportunities to handle real engine hardware and interact with other engineers."

Average Pratt & Whitney Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in East Hartford, CT

"Big company to work for, lots of opportunities but sometimes the roles are a little underdefined."

Analyst
in Toronto, ON

"Very good company to work for with amazing technology and great work life balance."

Structural Analyst
in Mississauga, ON

"very good place to work for"

Senior Quality Manager
in Macon, GA

"Worked in aerospace/ military defense as a contractor for years now."

Engineering Intern
in East Hartford, CT

"Great work environment, positive company culture. As an intern, it was very easy to work with and learn from experienced engineers. A lot of independence was given early on. You may not be assigned many projects as an intern, but it is easy to seek out projects from others in your team."

in North Berwick, ME

"It was a decent company to work for and provided opportunities to remain comfortable. My co-workers were great, but there was a distinct lack of upward mobility or incentives to do so."

in East Hartford, CT

"I have worked at Pratt & Whitney since July 2017. I started working at PW out of college and have enjoyed my two different technical engineering positions. There are diverse opportunities as the company and overall employee benefits are good."

in San Antonio, TX

"I worked for Pratt and Whitney (P&W) for nearly 20 years in roles of advancing responsibilities. The work was challenging and rewarding. I enjoy solving problems, particularly when examining and improving a process. The ratings below are for my latest role in Alabama. Please refer to my resume for multiple roles and sites while at P&W."

in Mississauga, ON

"Good environment for the work, good salary."

SCADA Engineer

"I started working for Pratt & Whitney early last year and overall the company has a good atmosphere and is a leader in the aerospace industry. The company is great when it comes to engineering standards (documentation, testing, quality assurance). However the company is old school and when it comes to automation, they are lagging behind mainly because the management is trying to apply old methods to new technologies."

Science Teacher
in East Hartford, CT

"Pratt & Whitney is a well-known company, and having it on your resume will be a good mark. Its internal workings can be messy depending on the department, but that is to be expected from any large aerospace business. That being said it gets the job done, continues to improve its output quantity and maintains quality, and treats its workers well with good pay."