(based on 39 Olive Garden Review Ratings)
in Owings Mills, MD

"Management does not care about their employees and treats the majority of them poorly. Select staff members are favored and control management. Employees steal from each other and the company, are not properly trained, and it is overall a horrible place to work. The few employees who work hard and actually care about working there are treated worse and expected to do more. Management will randomly go on "firing sprees" and cause issues for no apparent reason. There is very little feedback from management for those who would like to advance with the company, or would like to improve in how they do their job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Mount Pleasant, MI

"I've worked at Olive Garden for 3 years now, and I love it. Olive Garden is a corporate restaurant with many locations all over. Darden, the parent company of Olive Garden, owns a few other restaurants as well."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Olive Garden (58)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Caltrans (25)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Alchemy Communications (11)
in Salina, KS

"I worked at the Olive Garden in Salina, Ks for nearly 8 months. In this time frame I witnessed and was a victim of every type of job harassment including discrimination. I will say the training was great as this was my first serving position and set me up for the great success that I have now. However, I still have nightmares about the discrimination and harassment that took place against me and my co-workers. Everything from being clocked out and having to stay several extra hours without being paid, to racial discrimination, etc., as well as a manager who would scream repeatedly that we were going to be "wrote up", not "written" but "wrote"... etc. After I left I sued for unemployment AND WON due to the fact that I refused to sign the false accusations and "wrote ups" that they would try to bully me into signing. I was an excellent employee that was always on time and an excellent server. General manager that was the biggest racial discriminatory ring leader has since passed away. Bless her heart. With that being said... if you are an ex con, drug addict, Salinian... you will probably do well here and won't be bullied."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Busser
in Vancouver, WA

"I worked for Olive Garden for a year and a half. Seemingly, Olive Garden tries to foster competition among the servers to earn trips and the like, but that's it. For the rest of the staff there are no incentives that the managers ever mentioned. At the Vancouver Mall Olive Garden, as luck would have it, the manager is especially rude towards the workers, more so when he's stressed, to the point where many staffers have been seen coming out of his office in tears. He promised a promotion twice and failed to keep his word twice, hence the reason I quit. With Olive Garden you get the average chain restaurant treatment, not noticeably better or worse than, say, iHop or Denny's (I was a cook for 7 years, I know about it). But this particular manager is a definite handicap."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Olive Garden Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Server

"I worked at Olive Garden for nearly a year. The work was fine, it was a little more work than some server jobs due to the endless salad and bread sticks. The biggest issue I had with Olive Garden is that I was let go while I was in an extended stay at the hospital. I was already looking for a new job, but it still felt a little cold to fire me then."

in Olathe, KS

"Great fellow employees. Managers are terrible at communication. I have one I mesh with but another who knit picks and gets off on making us feel bad, as bad as they feel about themselves evidently. The money is ok... nothing incredible. I like having no side work but the bussers hawk you for more tips after you already tipped off your sales. I'm sure I could be unhappier somewhere else but since the managers are always making people quit and we're always short staffed. Corporate needs to come and gut those managers and start all over!!!"

in Martinsburg, WV

"I have been working at the OG for over a year. I have a great relationship with my managers, the "Big Wigs," and other servers. To Go currently has the greatest capacity to make the most money. Carside was only recently implemented and the work load from pleasing guests alone can get incredibly stressful. You will experience bad days here, too. Only theft I have heard of was a purse being stolen out of the break room."

in Mount Pleasant, MI

"Olive Garden is a fantastic company."

in Sioux Falls, SD

"Worst managers I have ever worked under except one or two. Had two different managers illegally take a portion of my tips. During a group meeting a manager smelled alcohol on one of the employees and gave them a piece of gum which he is notorious for doing. The same manager is hated by everyone who works there because he is the most negative man alive. Employees swear when guests can hear them all the time and no one cares. Seriously a circus behind the scenes due to poor management."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Salina, KS

"Hostile work environment. I experienced wage theft by management as well as harassment on all levels. I am thankful for the deplorable working conditions as it has made me appreciate the new opportunities that were presented to me as a result of being wrongfully terminated. I sued for unemployment AND WON."

in Salina, KS

"Hostile work environment. I experienced wage theft, manager clocking me out and having me stay and work off the clock, harassment and discrimination. With that being said, I am thankful for the opportunities that this abusive environment has since opened up for me. I thrive now in an environment where my loyalty, honesty, and integrity is constantly rewarded."

Host

"There's only one good manager. Dan. The others make you feel like crap."

What do you like about working at Olive Garden?

"The people and the atmosphere it's like a big family."

"Honestly I wouldn't do it. It's not worth it really."

What don't you like about working at Olive Garden?

"The managers shouldn't be managers they suck at it badly."

"You should treat your employees like people not like dirt"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Culinary Assistant
in Spartanburg, SC

"Teamwork is key."

What do you like about working at Olive Garden?

"It is a great company to work for, good standards are set for good production."

"The company is a great company to work for, When your here your family."

What don't you like about working at Olive Garden?

"Its not easy to gain an higher title or to gain a better position."

"Be persistent in your actions, If a rule is set to do something a set way stick to it."

in Peru, IL

"There is a law suit out against this company for a reason."

What do you like about working at Olive Garden?

"I enjoy 95% of the employees I work with, and there is always shifts available to pick up."

"Be very positive and energetic, and let them know you are all about pleasing the guests."

What don't you like about working at Olive Garden?

"Hardest serving job I have ever worked. For $4.85 an hour, you are expected to do a lot of duties beyond your job description, which they refer to as team work. The tips are the worst I've ever come across. Guests must think it's easy for us to run endless salad, soup, and bread sticks because it is reflected in the tips!"

"Hire a food runner, and give us more than 3 tables! The economy is hard on everyone, an extra table could result in an extra $20 a shift, a $100 a week. When you work a lunch shift and walk out with $20 in your pocket, it's frustrating."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Saint Louis Park, MN

"Applied sales & problem solving skills to ensure customer satisfaction & upsell."

What do you like about working at Olive Garden?

"Direct client interaction, having an opportunity to upsell with the customers, ensuring customer satisfaction."

"Be positive, be honest, expect long hours, expect to work hard and be held accountable for standards."

What don't you like about working at Olive Garden?

"Unpredictable schedule made for difficult planning. Unpredictable wages also made it difficult to financially plan."

"Ensure quality hiring and training from the start to keep quality employees and reward staff for exemplary work."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5