New York Life Insurance Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse New York Life Insurance Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at New York Life Insurance give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest New York Life Insurance employees are Financial Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Financial Services Professionals with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 142 New York Life Insurance Review Ratings)

"Great company. Great insurance products. Top rated financial products. Great people. Financially secure. You can depend on the company to do the right thing and take care of their clients and deliver on its promises, now and in the future."
Posted 8 years ago in Downers Grove, IL
New York Life Insurance Employee

"Good company. Management and team can really be a let down. They do have really exceptional training to help someone new learn. Not somewhere someone with experience should stay."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
New York Life Insurance Employee

"Very good company, loved working here for 3 years."

New York Life Insurance (194)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
New York Life Insurance Employee

"It is really great working environment and I have got a lot from supervisor and another co-worker I would say this workplace is a school for me you will get all kind support from cow workers, supervisor, Supporting staff and management. I will miss this work environment forever."

Financial Services Professional

"NYLIFE is a generous employer and charitable foundation supporter The company offers continuous education and supports the workforce at every level"

Long Term Care Leader

"New York Life is a great company to work for. It gives you the flexibility you may need and it allows you to make a difference in ones life long term. I love building lasting relationships and I was able to do just that. The ability to listen and put together a business plan was exciting."

Financial Advisor

"Great for recent college graduates. Not the place for seasoned career vets. Great place to learn and get your feet wet. Not the best for new opportunities or advancement."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
QA Tester

"This was a great opportunity."

Automation Test Engineer

"Currently, I'm working for New York Life insurance company since 2018, it's a huge company which offers different type of insurances. I am so proud because my company helps customers to protect their families. Forbes 2019: America’s Best Employers for Diversity Diversity Inc 2018: Top 50 Companies for Diversity NAFE 2018: Top 70 Companies for Executive Women"

New York Life Insurance Employee

"I worked for New York Life Insurance Company for just under a year the atmosphere is great management is great. But, you have to be comfortable with 100% commission and have good connections to be successful. I would recommend this if you have a good network."

New York Life Insurance Employee

"I have been working for New York Life Insurance Co for almost 3 years, we have two teams of tester in company each team have 7 members, I have been enjoying working with them."

Financial Advisor

"Great company, with lots of opportunities to learn from the best minds in the field."

New York Life Insurance Employee

"I believe New York Life is a great company to work for if you have a large family that need to have life insurance policies."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
New York Life Insurance Employee

"I worked as a Data Analyst intern in the Fall of 2019. Initially, every week the team assigned me with a new-task as brushing up large Excel files using a myriad of Excel functions. Then, later on, they enabled me to use proprietary financial software called DiscoveryData to source critical financial about companies and extract them into an Excel file. I have to later upload the file to the company's intranet so that the salesforce team could utilize it."

New York Life Insurance Employee

"I worked with New York Life for about 6 months. Not to say anything bad, it was just not a good cultural fit. Prior to that, I was in a family-owned business for over 40 years, functioning as the owner, general manager, controller, or whatever needed to be done."

Chief Privacy Officer

"Extremely ethical company and a wonderful working environment."

New York Life Insurance Reviews FAQs

Is New York Life Insurance a good company to work for?

New York Life Insurance has an overall rating of 4.0 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 142 New York Life Insurance Review Ratings left anonymously by New York Life Insurance employees, which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 94% of employees would recommend working at New York Life Insurance.

Does New York Life Insurance pay their employees well?

New York Life Insurance employees earn $51,000 annually on average, or $25 per hour, which is 23% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 59 New York Life Insurance employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find New York Life Insurance Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working at New York Life Insurance?

94% of employees would recommend working at New York Life Insurance with the overall rating of 4.0 out of 5. Employees also rated New York Life Insurance 4.1 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.8 for Rewards You Receive, 3.7 for Growth Opportunities and 3.9 for support you get.

What are the pros and cons of working at New York Life Insurance?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at New York Life Insurance to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse New York Life Insurance Employee Job Reviews by Location