(based on 119 NCR Corp. Review Ratings)
in Duluth, MN

"The company does a good job attaining its employees. but does a poor job maintaining them."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Duluth, GA

"Worked with NCR for about 7 years. Started with Teradata, til the separation. Rehired thru NCR on my second employment. Found NCR to be somewhat antiquated in industry leadership and innovative ideas. Culturally, still a bit 'good-ol-boyish' .. evolving but with hesitation. Will take more early retirement incentives, attitude changes, internally, to make it happen. Bill Nuti desires it, I believe, at the behest of the g-o-b network! Change is inevitable. Better salaries needed, also."

in Fort Worth, TX

"I work in a division that develops for a very old legacy product (dating back to the early 1990s). The product is in very poor technical shape and not improving. The organization is managed with a thin veneer of process, but it is not what is really needed. The nature of the software development actually done is still ad hoc hack-and-patch. I really do not enjoy it. The challenges are not interesting, they are mainly frustrating: dealing with really bad collectively coded software."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Waterloo, ON

"Pay and benefits were good. Location was good. Tools and resources to do job were sub par: company would not provide me with a widescreen monitor to see what I was doing. I had to work off of a laptop with a 14 inch display. Work space was crowded and noisy. Entire team of 20+ people placed in one room with no partitions or sound barriers. My position was off-shored to India."

in Fort Worth, TX

"I've worked for NCR for 2 years and so far, my experience has been okay."

in Columbia, SC

"I've worked for NCR for 7 years. While the company has not been good to me, I have some of the coolest and smartest customers that could be hoped for. They have made the job very rewarding and challenging. But NCR is not a good place to work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Menlo Park, CA

"I recently accepted a full time offer from NCR. Our company was acquired by NCR in January 2014. So far we have seen some chaos and confusion about who owns what part of the application."

in Westlake Village, CA

"I've worked at Intuit/Digital Insight/NCR for more than five years. In that time, I've seen some ups and downs.. The people, the folks on the floor getting work done are generally very bright, go getter types who want to do the right thing. My observation is that the right thing is never the thing that meets management's expectation of faster, cheaper, higher quality. There is a general lack of upfront investment and nearly always a surprise at the end when something breaks."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
NCR Corp. Employee

"I've worked at NCR for 13 years. They have been a good employer."

in Lawrenceville, GA

"Poor management and training. No real plans to get things in order nor listen to others to get things in order."

in Alpharetta, GA

"NCR is a place where you can find the most intelligent and best people for many industries. NCR struggles with migration of new acquisition and with a non-existing HR and old fashioned and inefficient IT Systems. NCR is under the 10 worst companies to work for (WSJ). The white range of products and partners keeps NCR as the main player in Financial, Retail, Hospitality, Transportation and other areas in the market. Executive management tries to make things better now."

in Duluth, GA

"NCR struggles as a software development company.NCR provides very low quality laptops for use by developers.NCR has a one-size-fits-all view of software development. Tools that are appropriate for use on Windows platforms are expected to be appropriate for Linux platforms as well.Terrible benefits. The company only matches up to 3% for 401k plans, which it will only pay if you remain till the end of the yearHard work is not usually rewarded or recognized. It is expected, however."