(based on 14 MUFG Union Bank Review Ratings)
4.6
"MUFG Union Bank doesn't just say they value their employees, they demonstrate it! Work-life balance is an important priority for leadership, as is career development. The employee intranet site enables social networking and employee resource groups, as well as provides company information and learning opportunities. The culture is one of teamwork and support, and having fun while we work to become the world's most trusted financial group."
Posted 6 years ago in Brea, CA
MUFG Union Bank Employee

"This is mostly about the technology division. Backward technology 20 years old. Bureaucratic. Culture is poor - many siloed departments. Digital transformation without human input is doomed to failure. I have had 5 different supervisors, and senior management has turned over at least 4 separate times in a year and a half. Entire departments laid off and re-hired. No ownership of mistakes. Great people though - but everyone is afraid to take a step."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Credit Risk Officer
in Brea, CA

"I have worked for MUFG Union Bank for almost four-years now, and have leveraged my skill set to increase overall group efficiency, and processes by improving in-place spreadsheets via VBA, which transpires to other departments within the group. I have been promoted YoY since beginning due to my willingness, and quick learning ability."

in Oakland, CA

"I've worked for MUFG Union bank since 2015 and it did give me a boost to understanding the banking business and the various products they handle across the country. I would definitely recommend anyone to apply for MUFG Union Bank. It was a great pleasure working there. I started off in San Francisco FiDi and then was relocated to the Oakland location."

MUFG Union Bank Employee

"I've worked at Union Bank for over 8 years. They recently merged with MUFG and relocated most of the top management to NYC. Risk tends to be re-actively managed."

Managing Director

"MUFG, Union Bank was my employer by choice from 4/2010 to 4/2019. A strong reputable financial organization. In my 9 years, I was honored with several promotions and limitless opportunities to learn, grow and strengthen my leadership skills. Union Bank is a client-centric financial organization that leads with integrity and honesty."

in San Francisco, CA

"I have worked for Union Bank for 8 years. It is a great place to work. It has a great culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration between different teams on different platforms."

Technical Lead
in Glendale, CA

"I have worked for MUFG Union Bank, I like the working environment and work culture there. Development Team and methodology(Agile) is as per the current standards."

in San Francisco, CA

"ok place to work, needs alot of improvement"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
MUFG Union Bank Employee

"I have enjoyed my time at Union Bank but their talent development program and opportunities in the Southern California area leave a little to be desired."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Splunk Administrator

"As i am working in MUFG. pleasure to work with co-employees. there are so nice"

in Jersey City, NJ

"Management needs to be more focused."

in Monterey Park, CA

"I worked for Union Bank since 2008 when it was an excellent company to work for and one which cared for, and respected, its employees. Since 2013, when MUFG decided to roll its American subsidiaries into one MUFG brand, it has all been downhill. Benefits have been reduced year-over-year, performance reviews are forced into low ranking territory to limit pay increases across the board, and the pace of meaningless change has grown to the point that it's been declared the "new normal" by executive management. IT oversight has become so bad since leadership shifted to NY that the work quality has diminished to the point where I have lost trust in the bank's ability to safeguard my own accounts. This is a complete shame, as I had high hopes for this one of the few remaining California-based banks. I write this in hope that someone, somewhere in the organization will get the message and wake-up because they seem to discount employee-raised red-flags completely."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
MUFG Union Bank Employee

"MUFG Union Bank is a great company to work for, as the employees are humble, yet, very accomplished."

Senior eLearning Developer