10 Medical Consultants Network Reviews

Browse Medical Consultants Network Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 9 Medical Consultants Network Review Ratings)
2.7
2.4
2.3
2.3
2.6
Medical Consultants Network Employee

"Do not come to work here. The Owner-CEO causes an unhappy environment where everyone is on edge wondering when he will throw another tirade about how complacent everybody is or how the furniture is out of place or how stupid everybody is for not reading his condescending emails. It's so bad even his own son quit without having another job."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Medical Consultants Network Employee

"This company is awesome and a great place to work. MCN will be taking market share from competitors in full force in 2014."

Medical Consultants Network (10)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Taycor Financial (9)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is VF Outlet (7)
in Tampa, FL

"My company is excellent. I work among some of the brightest and motivated individuals. I come to work everyday with a sense of inspiration and the motivations to meet and exceed my job standards and goals."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Medical Scheduler
in Naperville, IL

"Taken advantage of, stressed, unrewarded, excessive workload, monotonous tasks."

What do you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Other Medical Schedulers were nice and supportive. We always felt sorry for the people coming in to interview for constantly open positions."

"Skip the interview for the Naperville MCN location that is always on craiglist!"

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Mandatory unpaid overtime as scheduler is a low paying, non-mgmt job is salaried. Naperville is a revolving door because no schedulers even stay for a year. So you always have to cover for a quit employee or be training a new one."

"Seattle needs to overhaul the Naperville office because too many good employees quit because there is way too much work and their expectations are not realistic. In this tiny office mgr should be scrutinzed about low employee retention."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Medical Consultants Network Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2011 $1
2013 $2
Billing Specialist

"This company's horrendous turnover rate speaks for itself."

What do you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"The only positive comments I can make about this company is to point to the flexibility of scheduling for certain positions."

"I suggest avoiding working for this company at all costs. If one finds a position that seems desirable, I would take the listing of duties and benefits with a grain of salt."

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"The culture is my least favorite aspect of working for this company. Culturally, back-biting is encouraged and gossip is the preferred method of disseminating important information. The management maintains distance with regards to operational decision making, resulting in extremely trouble-ridden roll outs of new procedures, however they actively micro-manage the decorations of employees' desks or the arrangement of furniture in the corporate office's break room."

"Replace the sales staff who refuse to actively engage with operational staff and who make poorly considered promises to clients that they then fail to communicate to other branches of the company. The managers of the accounting department should be replaced with better qualified candidates who prioritize transparency, and who encourage in their subordinates positivity, the development of an internal locus of control, and team building."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Manager

"Interesting work. Opportunities to learn and grow. Great team!"

What do you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Great set of services that provide real value to clients. Great coworkers. Committed senior management trying very hard to make things happen. Great office location and design."

"Be prepared. Know what the company's services are in advance. Be on time and be sharp. Know how to write well as they test you."

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Some coworkers are not as committed as they should be and some could be more engaged."

"Stay the course and don't worry about being popular when it comes to making important decisions."

Store Manager
Work Setting 4.9 / 5 Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2.9 / 5 Company Culture 4.9 / 5 Way You Work 4.9 / 5
Medical Consultant

"Convenient location."

"Honestly, maybe you can be the one to inspire change from the inside. But I sincerely doubt it."

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Everything else... If the staggeringly high turnover rate isn't an indication, you need not look any further than the absolute abysmal morale of the employees who either can't or wont leave. If you have a high work ethic and are good at what you do, do not expect that to have any effect on either your pay or any opportunity for advancement. Regularly borderline incompetent employees are promoted to management level positions, leaving entry-level workhorses to both pick up the slack as well as endure the consequences of alarmingly poor direction. Working here was one of the lowest points of my personal and professional life, and I do not exaggerate when I suggest to stay away, even in our current economy."

"Take a moment to actually listen to your employees when you ask what could be improved. Many have excellent suggestions to increase efficiency and morale, but none are given the opportunity to share. They are too busy completing pseudo-mandatory book reports and keeping their sore noses to the grindstone for fear of being terminated."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

What do you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"The view from our office on the 29th floor is a perk I suppose."

"Stay away, like the plague."

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Everything. My job, and my over-bearing, anal-retentive boss are the worst parts of my life. Having worked at MCN for several years, I have learned everything an office should not be. The managers belittle their employees and can be seen openly dis-respecting members of their staff (anyone who has come within 10 paces of the accounting department will resonate with this). There is almost no opportunity for advancement. The pay is low and yields very little satisfaction. Turnover is extremely high, and management treats their employees as slaves who they work to death, and then when the employee is burnt out and quits or is fired, they repeat the process with the next poor person who happens to be hired. I'm not sure if the nature of the business brings out the worst in people, or if the insane work-loads do...either way, this is a place of business where you check your emotions, feelings, and dignity at the door. Employees are ruthless, cut-throat and hostile. People make very little attempts at friendship and playing politics is a necessary skill set. Given the chance, people back stab and cover their rear-ends like you would not believe. This is a place of work where it is best to not trust anyone.There is very little incentive to work hard at this company as high level pay, bonuses, and other perks are reserved for the small executive staff. As an underling, all we can hope for is to not have to laugh at the terrible jokes told by the owner, and the CEO.Benefits are another laughable aspect of this job. Since starting, our 'benefits' have decreased markedly. We no longer receive anything but the most rudimentary health care program. It's so poor, I just don't go to the doctor as the copay, deductible etc, are cost prohibitive.Where is HR in all of this mess to help the employees The head of HR routinely spends time with and can be seen whispering back and forth with one of the heads in the accounting department. If you say anything to HR, it is certain that whatever is said will make its way to accounting, and from there, who knows what kind of retaliation makes its way through management. HR should not be best-friends with management, and in this case, it is impossible to trust HR. My fellow employees and I feel we have nowhere to turn since HR is in cahoots with management.I could continue but anyone considering working here should be convinced by now that this is not the place for them. Unless you like impossible workloads, ever tightening deadlines, disrespectful and dense management for non-impressive pay and minimal career mobility, then this place is like a prison compared to normal corporations."

"Have the COO (who seems like the only normal -if jaded- executive in this company) sit down, one by one and honestly ask your employees what they think, what they like, what they don't, and then take constructive action to make it better. Employees are the ones who make the money for the executives; if you aren't going to pay us better, you can at least treat us better."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Field Service Engineer

"Low pay for exteremely demanding work."

What do you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Variety of work. Learn new tools."

"Unless you are desparate look elsewhere."

What don't you like about working at Medical Consultants Network?

"Management does not respect employees and pushes towards burnout."

"RESPECT your employees. They are the backbone of your company."