On average, employees at McKesson give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest McKesson employees are Reimbursement Specialists submitting an average rating of 4.3 and Account Managers with a rating of 4.0.

(based on 126 McKesson Review Ratings)
"McKesson taught me how to become a professional corporate assistant. In addition it treated all its employees well and paid most of my university expenses. By McKesson providing its employees with educational assistance they contributed -- albeit unknowingly -- to the overall welfare of their employees and the world."
Posted 8 years ago in San Francisco, CA
in La Vergne, TN

"I work for McKesson for two years, love working for the company. I used to work in the La Vergne, TN distribution center, I hated it. The fact is all the managers there are racist, especially the operation manager. Instead of him solving problems he helped to create them. Like one incident where they fired a supervisor because they claim that he was having an affair with the employee which they had no proof of that except some phone calls between them. But it was ok for his boss to be dating one of his employees, people seen them outside of the job even at the company Christmas party together, what kind of example is that. The issue was that he cares about his employees and the well being. He did not like the job anymore so he was leaving and they did not like that. And come to find out they block him from getting the job at another facility. Also employee (white) comes to work drunk, fails a drug test and still has a job. I thought McKesson was a drug and alcohol free work place. Please someone need to do on investigation in the La Vergne facility."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Westminster, CO

McKesson (221)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
.NET Programmer
in Roseville, MN

"I've worked a 6 month IT consulting stint at McKesson. The company gives you all the tools to succeed but has an issues with employees not documenting their job as a form of 'job security'. It's a large company so I don't know if it's a widespread problem. As a consultant it's difficult getting things done when you have spent most of your time just gathering information."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Winston-Salem, NC

"McKesson Corporation was an interesting company to work for. I was working for MED3000 but McKesson bought them out in December 2014. We were a third party billing company for many different states in the U.S. I worked for them over 2 years and would have still been there if the company we were doing the billing for renewed their contract. McKesson Corporation is located in a lot of states and employs a multitude of people."

Average McKesson Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Alpharetta, GA

"I have been an Instructional Designer with McKesson for six years - three as a contractor and three as an employee. My team has been great to work with and the management have been helpful and informative. Unfortunately, over the past three years, my department has been reorganized three times and while the company at large (McKesson, Corp) is doing very well, my division is on the verge of being eliminated."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Project Manager
in San Francisco, CA

"Well as a consultant you are treated like an outsider. I was astonished; after sticking it out in here to see this project to term with a successful program and Autonomy deployment under budget with only a 3% variation on requirements. While I witnessed many employees come and go on the project. Dedication and success had little meaning to McKesson making no attempt to offer any assistance or recognition as a former consultant that they did nothing and refused to be of any assistance."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Dubuque, IA

"I've worked as a part time employee for 1.5 years and have learned many great things. However, it sometimes feels like a large company. That can be hard when I am looking to make a change, I must go through layers and layers of management to really get anything done sometimes."

in Westminster, CO

"Concerned only about the money! Patient safety doesn't matter as long as the insurance companies are seeing lots of self care instead of being seen."

Systems Administrator
in Alpharetta, GA

"I have worked at McKesson since 2010 and found it to be a good company. I would still recommend others to McKesson."

in Emeryville, CA

"This is close by to the campus. Health care is a noble job. Great application of .NET."

Senior Project Manager
in San Francisco, CA

"McKesson is a very successful company but is stuck in the 20th century when it comes to marketing. Very hierarchical and conservative with not a lot of folks who have a strong marketing skill set. Lots of cubicles. Can't wear jeans. Mostly older, white men in charge. I wouldn't choose to work there full time."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Alpharetta, GA

"McKesson is a great place to gain experience. They offer a variety of different career paths along with the intricacy of navigating the politics in the big corporate of America."

in Alpharetta, GA

"The political landscape at Mckesson is difficult at best. Depending on which department or BU you are working in, you will be treated differently and compensated differently. The organization as a whole is process oriented."

in Rancho Cordova, CA

"I've worked with McKesson for about 2 years, and find the company a great place to work."

in Alpharetta, GA

"Great people to work with."