(based on 187 Kmart Review Ratings)
in Omaha, NE

"I started working for Kmart over the summer of 2014. At first everyone is really nice until you work there for over a month and then you start getting treated like crap from the management like all the employers. When you "close" it sucks because you're there to about 11 pm when you have to be at school the next day. Kmart does not care if you're a high school student and have two hours of homework still, let's just clean till 11!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Virginia Beach, VA

"Amazing job that I'm trying to get others into. The work environment is relaxed and management will bend over backwards to accommodate their employees."

Kmart Employee

"Worked here for two years, never a raise, always minimum wage. They add a sales incentive based on how many replacement plans you sell, said plans are of low quality, and customers simply do not want them. I made less than 25 dollars per year on these. After I got trained, my new coworkers didn't know anything, protocols for spills and whatnot just weren't taught. Managers didn't know what was going on, but would put up artificial goals, not giving any attention to how demanding our customer base was. I've cleaned up puke and feces for this company, and have never received any recognition."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Cart Pusher
in Tinley Park, IL

"I have worked for Kmart for 3 and a half years. I started in grocery then got shafted to cart pusher, a job I'd done for 5 years of my working life already and was sick of! Where do I even start with this company? First I guess I will start with the low pay. Sorry, but 8 bucks an hour is not enough and will not cut it. Poor benefits, atrocious scheduling, no chance to grow or advance. That's the short story of a very disgruntled employee."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Cashier
in Warsaw, IN

"Overall it is a place to work for your first job, or something to help you get back on your feet. It is definitely not something that you would want to make a career out of."

Assistant Store Manager
in Hollywood, FL
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Wilmington, NC

"I was in need of employment due to some financial problems and K-Mart employed me, however I did not expect all the problems management had in running the retail store."

Unloader
in Wilmington, NC

"I've worked for K-Mart for a total of eight months where I notice many discrepancies. I would not suggest anyone seeking long term employment with this company."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Bakersfield, CA

"I worked for Kmart for 2 years, almost three. I started off in a different store. Working for Kmart has been an impacted impression on my life. I can do anything I can put my mind to. I learned I am a hard worker and that I can deal with negative experience in the workplace."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Santa Paula, CA

"I have been working with Kmart for three years, going on four. I found it to be a good company."

in Layton, UT

"Honestly, management is power crazy. Your schedule changes with no notice, they treat you like a child, and there is ZERO room for negotiation as far as how to do something. You make minimum wage, have absolutely no advancement opportunities, and the benefits are terrible. If you're seriously considering working here, apply at Target instead and save your sanity."

in Willow Street, PA

"I've worked with Kmart for three months. It is average."

Kmart Employee

"Bad atmosphere. The technology is difficult to work with, only because it rarely keeps up with sales and ads."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Huntsville, AL

"I haven't worked for Kmart since 2009. I stocked at least 60% of the store. I enjoy this job but wanted a career not part time job."

Cashier
in Jackson, TN

"I worked at Kmart for a year and a half. It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. There is no room for improvement there. There are no incentives for doing your job. There was favoritism shown to employees who had worked there for YEARS. It was not a great place to work. The managers would have you doing their job when you only receive minimum wage. All the employees hated working there because they were not treated equally. You do not receive raises nor promotions. I hated it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5