(based on 56 Kaplan Review Ratings)
in Orlando, FL

"I've worked with Kaplan teaching MCAT for approximately 7 months. During this time, I have been able to grow professionally and have been given many opportunities to move up in the company. Additionally, the company culture is conducive to a growth mindset, and colleagues are eager to collaborate and help one another."

Kaplan Employee

"Well established company with great leadership and a positive mission to help students achieve their educational goals and dreams."

Kaplan (89)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Novus International (6)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Liquid Environmental Solutions (6)
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I have worked at Kaplan Inc for the last 10 years. It has been a great opportunity to work with very talented individuals in an organization that is a leader in Education Technology and innovation. The company does it best to do right by its employees. It has weathered many storms of the educational industry and is a great place to develop your career."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Commercial Account Manager
in Wappingers Falls, NY

"I've worked in insurance for the past 17 years. Along the way, I have lead management with training, webinars, workshops, material, PowerPoint, assessments, and so on. I have a great passion for helping others and would love to join your team to help 125%. I am a dog owner and merging the 2 worlds is humbling!"

Average Kaplan Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Boston, MA

"The company is going through a period of transition, and finding its' position in a rapidly changing industry. What makes Kaplan a great place is a commitment and team work among teams. While Kaplan might be going through challenges of consolidation, it has strong long term potential."

in Cambridge, MA

"Kaplan International is a great place to work. Lots of changes are currently happening and people are genuinely caring. COO is extremely ambitious and great. It is truly an exciting time for Kaplan International. Only con I would say is that an opportunity to move up can be limited."

Marketing Manager
in Belmont, CA

"Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good."

in Berkeley, CA

"Immediate supervisor is very disorganized. Constant technology issues in the classrooms that could be alleviated with nominally better IT solutions. Higher-up supervisor very nice, but a little disorganized herself, and seemingly unable to resolve issues that crop up constantly with any meaningful or sustainable solution."

in Brooklyn, OH

"I cannot recommend my current employer."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Physician
in Newark, NJ

"Been working there since 2012 and I do feel valued since a new supervisor has joined."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Instructor
in New Brunswick, NJ

"Nice people to work with, their training is rigorous and effective and has helped me greatly with public speaking and conveying ideas and concepts so that it is easy to understand."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Kaplan Employee

"I worked there for two years and fixed, improved in all aspects of my job and duties. However, only more responsibilities where handed to me with no positive reinforcement or acknowledgment. Overall, their is no job improvement or hiring within the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in La Crosse, WI

"I have mixed feeling about my position as I like what I do but it seems that the PMO doesn't have the best priority of work. Work that needs to be done is not being done and because of lack of resources the departments constantly needs to shift focus from requirement gathering to development. One side of the company says zig while the other says zag and it is always us who are caught in the middle and getting the blame for the woes."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Senior Database Administrator

What do you like about working at Kaplan?

"The environment is diverse and I have exposure to different interesting tools and projects. My managers would always trust me over other team members when the most complex and interesting projects were concerned. I've accomplished a lot, stabilized a few Oracle OLTP and Data Warehouse environments and broadened my SQL Server knowledge. I've been pretty lucky by working with very bright individuals who I could collaborate with, learn from and have very friendly work relationships."

"Any sharp DBAs willing to advance their skills who are not afraid of challenges will be a good fit in this position. I'm more than positive there will be numerous interesting projects ahead of them."

What don't you like about working at Kaplan?

"Sometimes it's very difficult to have the upper management on board with our important DBA decisions since sometimes it depends on the budget restrictions. There was a long period of time when the DBA suggestions have been on the back burner causing our main sites to malfunciton, but this view has been changed and now all the code is undergoing a formal Schema Governance review where DBAs review the code, revise it or make some tuning notes to the development teams."

"The upper management should be able to create a friendlier and more collaborative environment between teams. Sometimes there is a huge communication gap between teams and it's very difficult to come up with a mutually beneficial solutions. Sometimes crucial things are being ignored and as a result our outside clients have numerous difficulties including site instabilities."

Medical Trainer
in Newark, NJ

What do you like about working at Kaplan?

"My co-workers are providing me a great environment to work stress free."

"This is a great company to start your life with. You will never forget the lovely experience you will get from here."

What don't you like about working at Kaplan?

"I am not utilizing my full potential as an expert clinician."

"Assign me more works, like Teaching and leading small group discussions."