(based on 100 John Deere Review Ratings)
"I've worked for John Deere Water for 4 years and have found them to be a company that treats your fairly and makes available the resources and tools you need to do your job. Their commitment to the safety and well being of their employees was above average and sincere. Their integrity, focus on quality and support for their customers is matched by very few in industry. I was sorry when they decided to sell my division, but accept that it was a business decision on their part."
Posted 6 years ago in San Diego, CA
in Fargo, ND

"excellent employer with the best benefits overall"

in Moline, IL

"Very ethical company, as far as I know. No upward mobility potential, though. They keep hiring from colleges and removing middle management positions, so there’s just nowhere to go and you stagnate. You can spend years interviewing internally, because you’re competing against so many other employees for just 1 position. Also not the best for diversity, though I don’t think it’s for lack of trying so much as it is the area. VERY conservative, though slightly loosening up, allowed to wear jeans in the factories now."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

John Deere (132)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Litton Industries (24)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Johanson Technology (13)
in Moline, IL

"I am a proud employee of John Deere which is the #1 and the largest Agricultural equipment manufacturer in the world whose products are well known for its reliability and durability. A company which is recognized for its employee engagement and work ethics; also provides very good remuneration and growth opportunity for its employees. The great slogan 'Nothing runs like a Deere' is so meaningful in every regards."

in Urbandale, IA

"Solid technology company with a strong core value structure. Collaborative work environment and great benefits."

Average John Deere Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Instrumentation Engineer
in Waterloo, IA

"Very nice environment and people to work with"

in Cedar Falls, IA

"I have enjoyed all of my time at John Deere. It is a great company to work for with great morals and work environment. I would recommend John Deere to anyone as a life long career choice."

in Dubuque, IA

"I've worked for this company 5 years now, there are many good experiences and many good people I've worked with. However, it lack of"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Product Development Specialist
in Waterloo, IA

"I worked for Lam Research for almost seven years in Bloomington, MN, installing and starting up 35 Rainbow platforms for Cypress Semiconductor. We were all laid off but one after the last machine install ran out of 24-24-7 warranty and they did not want to sign a service contract. We also supported other companies when the installs were completed. I truly enjoyed working for Lam Research Corporation I have been actively applying with them as well. I would like to move from the Midwest to a warmer climate."

in Ankeny, IA

"John Deere great company to work for. Benefits are not as good as used to be. Pay is good."

in East Moline, IL

"Wonderful place to work at"

in Waterloo, IA

"John Deere is a great company to work for. Their priorities, in order, are safety, quality, production. Pay and benefits are very good."

in Evans, GA

"Great Company to Work For"

in Waterloo, IA

"John Deere is a highly successful company that has endured over 200 years since its inception. This company did not endure simply by happenstance; over the years they have developed a vast knowledge of the market and what it takes to remain competitive. This is applied over its various divisions and allows them not only to stay successful but each to remain competitive in their respective markets. As a company, John Deere has established its brand worldwide and is recognizable merely by its logo. This has created loyal customers and a recognized brand worldwide."

in Iowa City, IA

"Excellent compact for development."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Senior Electrical Engineer
in Horicon, WI

"I love the working environment. People are very nice to each other and they're very helpful. No politics & games. Great work-life balance. It may not be a place to polish technical/engineering skills but it is a good place to learn about the basic product development environment. If I have to critique another, their product development phase process can be improved (it is not matured yet) so that smoother engineering design phase transition and the production launch can be established."