Career Menu

278 IT Project Manager Reviews

Submit a Review
IT Project Manager at Ameriquest
in Orange, CA

"It can be a thankless job. The failure of the project is on the project manager, the success of the project is on the entire team. At least, if you're doing your job right, it is. I love it when it all comes together with a good team in a company that embraces Project Management. I hate it when the company uses Project Management to compensate for weak management."

IT Project Manager at Liberty Medical Supply
in Port Saint Lucie, FL

"It is a great opportunity to lead team efforts in a Six Sigma process environment."

IT Project Manager at American Red Cross
in Philadelphia, PA

"Not like it used to be, the whole computer industry is becoming a commodity type market. and while there are a few bright spots out there. most end up in their own red tape of other regulations."

IT Project Manager at Fidelity Investments
in Boston, MA

"I love getting to know all the people within a project and the challenge to motivating each and every one of them in their own way. I'm proud of my work and deliverables, and welcome feedback, either positive or negative. What I hate about the job is the impact it has on my family life. It is a constant battle."

IT Project Manager at IndexWire Technologies
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"When all is great, the team is working in sync, everyone is happy and end results are great. That's a fantasy world :) - That in mind, I hate having to deal with contractors or employees running behind schedule, taking the process off its timeline. I love learning first hand about the newest technology"

IT Project Manager at IBM
in Ireland, IN

"What I like best about my job as an IT Project Manager is the challenge. I really enjoy having the overall responsibility of a project from the concept phase through project closure. Putting together a team and watching them grow and develop over the course of the project is great. There is also an immense satisfaction when the team delivers an end product to the customer which either meets or exceeds their expectations."

IT Project Manager at AT&T
in Richardson, TX

"I love the accomplishment that I get from completing a project and seeing how well it is received and how much it improves the lives of my co-workers and/or customers. I also love the sheer variety of projects, technologies, industries and range of complexity that is available. I hate that it can take some time before you really find your preferred niche and that there isn't a clear progression into a leadership (director / management) role from Project Management."

IT Project Manager at Inversiones Inmobiliarias y Forestales
in Mexico, MO

"Good amount of control over department procedures. High amount of responsibilities."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
IT Project Manager at CoreLogic
in Rockville, MD

"Compensation at Corelogic was in the range of moderate level pay rate. Corelogic always looks for new tools and techniques to enhance the business performance with their employees' training and career development, and provides chances and direction to move forward in their career. It was always nice to be in a rapidly growing environment where you always learn new things and get a chance to shine."

IT Project Manager at Car Toys

"I love being project manager because it is very gratifying working with a team of internal and external stakeholders that successfully execute and complete projects on time, on budget and deliver the expected result, service or product."

IT Project Manager at Adventist Health System
in Glendale, CA

"This position is a great fit for aggressive, driven individuals who aren't afraid to lay down the law and get results. That being said, getting the results you want is always about maintaining relationships. I try to be of service whenever possible and as proactive as possible. IT Project Management is about the constant presence of speed bumps and road blocks. It's problem solving all the way."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
IT Project Manager at ComTec Systems
in Vineland, NJ

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"You will work your butt off,and then let go for no reason."

What do you like about working at ComTec Systems?

"Nothing at all - worst company in the world - ever"

"NEVER NEVER NEVER interview with this company - they will promise you the world and give you a heart attack"

What don't you like about working at ComTec Systems?

"They will micro manage you into a quivering mass of frustration, and pay you peanuts"

"Get out of this business - you have no people skills"

IT Project Manager at City and County of Denver

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"I feel no ill will towards the city, but be wary of the politics."

What do you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"The schedule/hours, the people, the work was gratifying, it felt like you were making a difference."

"If you have a choice, go as a contractor and not as a direct employee, the managers/directors there have far too much power over their directs but not really any over the contractors."

What don't you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"The endless political games, there are too many to navigate, everyone ends up getting caught up in them. Even employees choose sides and spy on eachother's bosses for whomever they're loyal to. Check the legal records, internal lawsuits coming out their ears, code of ethics violations, sexual harrassment, scandals, it's ridiculous."

"Clean house, get rid of your directors and managers who are playing games and not working and get better people, then have them clean house at the lower levels. There are far too many entry levels who come in, do nothing or do poor work and then go home and collect their salaries."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
IT Project Manager at NSTec
in Las Vegas, NV

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Over 30 Years of highly technical and project management in the IT world"

What do you like about working at NSTec?

"Supporting a very important national emergency response mission and the dedication of the staff"

"Make sure it is an environment you can adapt to"

What don't you like about working at NSTec?

"The work environment. Both Management and facility are outdated and need of restructuring"

"Move into the 21st Century stop living on past success"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
IT Project Manager at Hewlett-Packard
in Palo Alto, CA

What do you like about working at Hewlett-Packard?

"Collaborative engineering, trusting of workers, flexible work hours, my project is a high priority, well funded, working with the state of the art technology."

"People skills are equally important as hard technical skills. Be firm, friendly, IT is short staffed, be patient."

What don't you like about working at Hewlett-Packard?

"Much time and money is wasted on project reporting tools that everyone fakes the info contained. The processes are overly complex. Approval processes take up to 12 people to approve before implementation."

"HP silos engineers by skill set, HP should move to multi talented teams, leverage the power of collaboration."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like