On average, employees at In-N-Out Burger give their company a 4.3 rating out of 5.0 - which is 10% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest In-N-Out Burger employees are Assistant Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Store Associates with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 20 In-N-Out Burger Review Ratings)

4.6
in Corona, CA

"I enjoyed working at In-N-Out burgers, although the atmosphere is not conducive to raising a family."

In-N-Out Burger Employee

"I've worked at In N Out for almost a year, and made a lot of great friends and made great relationships with the customers. In N Out is a great first job for some people and it was a good job for me. I just could not do it. it wasn't helping my mental health and that's okay either. The managers and associates were great I just couldn't do the unnecessary stress."

In-N-Out Burger (26)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Hotel del Coronado (9)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bojangles' (6)
in National City, CA

"Great company to work with. Love the flexibility to work around my busy schedule"

Manager
in Mesa, AZ

"I have worked for in-n-out burger for over ten years. It is a family owned business that has grown over the years. Everyone starts from the beginning and they promote managers from within. I have enjoyed working there and becoming a manager. I love teaching new associates about the company and watch them grow with us."

in Anaheim, CA

"great company to work for. Team oriented and opportunity to grow within the company. Has good compensation for someone in high school. Can be a career path if you get into management. Flexible hours, but occasionally have to work late nights. mostly work weekends and most holidays. overall great company."

in San Bernardino, CA

"I have worked for IN-N-OUT BURGER since 1998. My invested time with the company has taught me leadership skills, team building, training and development, and customer service skills that I value and bring with me to my new career. IN-N-OUT BURGER values their associates by investing in them with voluntary 401K, and medical and dental benefits."

Store Associate
in Milpitas, CA

"I've worked for In-N-Out for around 6 months and have found it to be an amazing company that is centered on great core values such as customer satisfaction as #1 priority. They are very patient with their employees and willing to teach them anything they want to learn."

Store Associate
in Placentia, CA

"In-N-Out has been one of the best companies I have worked for. It has made me more sociable, allowed me to develop great time-management skills, teamwork, and leadership skills. I always felt that my work made an impact on the store. In addition to understanding the importance of constructive criticism."

Assistant Manager

"I worked for In-N-Out Burgers for about 6 years. Within those years I was able to learn all the ins and outs of the everyday operation. So much so that I was well qualified to enter into management if I wanted to pursue it. I loved the environment and fast paced service In-N-Out is known for. I took pride in what I did and made sure all my customers and co workers were happy with what I did."

Cook
in Visalia, CA

"I've worked at In-N-Out for several years. It is a good job for people just starting out. If you're in school they work around your schedule and the pay is above average."

in Midvale, UT

"Was a very stressful place to work-something I didn't expect for fast food."

What do you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"The pay was great for fast food! You were even paid for training (which was just watching hours and hours of videos)."

"If you want the job, smile! The biggest thing is customer service, so be really happy! Greet whoever you are interviewing and try to seem genuinely interested in them. Whenever you can mention any volunteer work you have done, or anything working with people...this is huge. You can try to slip that in when they ask about hobbies/work experience. They are looking for hardworking, charismatic people."

What don't you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"It was a very high stress environment. Everything is held to a standard of perfection, even for new hires. Despite all the training you receive, it is still hard to keep up. If you are new prepare to be overwhelmed and go home exhausted. Management can be harsh on employees. The system is confusing to learn, and other employees were often harsh if I didn't understand a new concept. NOT a laid back place to work."

"Go easy on new employees. While going through the interview process everyone was really nice and easy going, but once I was hired the attitude completely changed. Being friendly and helpful would certainly help."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Huntington Beach, CA

"Very fast paced and fun"

What do you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"I loved everything! The fast pace, the team unity, enthusiasm, and culture."

"Be genuine and have fun. The managers here can spot fake from a mile away. The best chances you have come from being yourself"

What don't you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"There's really nothing bad I could say about this place. The only thing would be that its hard to get a holiday off if you don't request it 6 months in advance- although they are pretty fair with the weekly days off."

"Keep up the great work! Management is the reason the store became one of the top producing stores in all of california"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Newbury Park, CA

"It is a very fast pace workplace. It has overall made me a more efficent worker."

What do you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"I like the fast pace work environment and is very streamlined and efficient."

"Have a positive attitude and hard work will be rewarded in the end."

What don't you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"Move up to management is very difficult, and they don't allow many full time associates."

"Have a clearer set of goals,and have all managers on the same page policy wise."

Manager
in California, MD

What do you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"Great atmosphere, good people, fast paced environment, fantastic business. This job was a highlight of my career. I was able to experience so many things, influence people, and travel throughout California, Nevada, and Arizona"

"Smile, and be polite. If you are truly a genuine person they will see that and you will be hired."

What don't you like about working at In-N-Out Burger?

"Corporate politics, the lower developed markets, and the growth of the company was rapid, which compromised the integrity of the operations including: associate pride, effort, standards for policy, and success in the communities."

"Raise the level of expectations and the discipline line. Lead by example, and others will follow."

Customer Service Representative