(based on 26 Hobby Lobby Review Ratings)
2.4
2.7
in Pocatello, ID

"I worked for Hobby Lobby from August of 2019 to December of 2020. I loved my job and enjoyed helping customers and organizing products so that they looked pleasing to customers. I also did cashier work, where I had to be highly attentive to current sales and where items were located in the store since each item had to be typed in individually. My coworkers made it a family environment and a joy to come to work each day."

Superintendent
in Oklahoma City, OK

"The older management is stuck in the past, and think you can build in California like you can in Oklahoma."

Hobby Lobby (31)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Legacy Partners (12)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is VF Outlet (7)
in Hutchinson, KS

"Poor work life balance. Good pay."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Manager
in Destin, FL

"i have worked for hobby lobby for the last 6 years. I love the fact we were closed on sunday which gives everyone family and church time."

in Oklahoma City, OK

"I’ve worked for Hobby Lobby for 5 years and it’s been an amazing company that has always taken care of their people, holiday bonuses, parties, competitive promotions, and many other things. It has been a joy to work for the CEO and I would recommend Hobby Lobby to anyone looking for honest hard-earned money."

in Weatherford, TX

"Terrible store! I applied at this company thinking it was based on Christian principals. First of all the manager is very condescending, rude and impatient. The head cashiers each have a different way to show you how to do things. When you do the way you were taught the other will tell you not to it that way..You do not get your lunch or breaks like you are suppose to get. The employees talk about other employees about how stupid they are. Instead of trying to help and encourage each other they would rather tear each other down. I have heard managers and supervisors also talk about other employees. This store is like the bully in high school and it makes me sick."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Alexandria, LA

"I have worked at this store manager Karen is just heartless, she is rude, verbal abusive ,DISRESPECTFUL, mean person she is favorite to Amy and Sarah .Amy is her best friend and Sarah also she also has Jenny as her pet to THE are EMPLOYEES as we are but Amy and Sarah and Kayla goes around and treat people like THEY are the bosses. THEY all are rude a tell at PEOPLE like we are worse than dogs the manager goes around and tells THESE EMPLOYEES your personal information you talk to her ABOUT she also spread and start roumers if you get hurt she tells you she don't care and she don't want to HERE it and says go back to work she will smart off in front of you in front of a customer then she will tell Amy are Sarah and Kayla and it is all over the store with added words she will sneak up on you and throw things at you if a customer drops it on the floor are puts it in the wrong place even if you are off the clock she will tell at you when you are on the other side of the store she will also come up to you and hit you in the arm and say what did I tell you then if you need off she will tell EVER one your business if you ask her not to mainly Amy and Sarah then it's all over the store she carries no closed door between EMPLOYEES and manger"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Stockman
in Murfreesboro, TN

"I've worked for Hobby Lobby for almost 5 years now, and I can say that I've enjoyed my time with the company. It worked around my schedule during my time in college and allowed me the time I needed for classes and projects. During my time there, my co-workers were all great people and I still stay in contact with them. The main problem I see though is that certain managers don't do their parts in the store, whether it's due to laziness or poor scheduling, and they end up weighing the store down. Still, even with the couple of problems I've noticed, I still say that I am happy to have worked at Hobby Lobby."

in Elizabethtown, KY

"Manager was horrible, kept the pot stirred and dogged employees mercilessly. Scheduling was an absolute mess, favoritism ran rampant, we'd get talked to in front of customers and employees like we were garbage because management thought they'd been slighted. Constant harassment. Job was good, if you like hard work it's great, but management destroyed any kind of joy you could get out of your job."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Miamisburg, OH

"Good pay, being off every Sunday is nice. The job itself isn't bad, but management has obvious favorites. Working hard will get you nowhere in this store. If you are not somehow related or connected to the district manager in some way you won't get very far at this store. But if you just need a part time job to kill time and don't require a full time position it's not a bad job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Veradale, WA

"Stay away! Management plays favorites! In my case, I'm Jewish and on his hit list. If you are Mormon and don't mind selling your soul to Satan, this company is for you. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Bridgeton, MO

"The managers act friendly, they are not. They talk about customers and employees behind their backs. They are rude, short tempered, assuming, male dominant egotistical soul crushers and don't provide proper training for the types of job to be filled. The managers do not know the precise location for their products and mislead customers as well as employees. That trickle down effect is demonstrated by department heads as well. Several department managers have so much hostility that they purposely throw the merchandise on the floor because it was placed in the wrong bin or storage rack. The cashiers are the brunt of many jokes and "reasons why" & left standing with the "proverbial bag"."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Illinois City, IL

"Worked for Hobby Lobby over 5 years. Upper management would come in and demean the staff and expect you to work excessive hours. You stay until the job is complete. Newer district managers would come in and fire people or get them to quit, unless your were "in" with them. Watch your back. They smile and then stab you in the back."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Elizabethtown, KY

"Oh, they care about family? Yea... right! What a joke. You will be scheduled off at say 7 and at 6:58 they'll say, no, not happening. Who cares about working 14 or 15 hour days. As long as they're happy. Breaks are a joke. They don't respect marriages or families. This place is like a sweatshop."

in Fairview Heights, IL

"I worked at the Fairview Height, IL store. The store manager makes fun of people that do not speak English very well and allows his son to make fun of anyone that either works there or customers that come in the store. He also allows his son to go through employee files when is son is a janitor and has no right going though people's personal information."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5