(based on 190 Google Review Ratings)
"Google is a great place for new college grads where code is fresh in your mind. The interview process is hard but fair so brush up on Binary trees and don't bubble sort! Do not try to bs your way through this interview as they smell fear there and will eat you up. Make sure that if you talk about something on your resume you can back it up because they will grill you. And most of all Practice, Practice, Practice before you decide to apply for a job. Also it is hard to get promoted there as well."
Posted 6 years ago in Everett, WA
Software Test Engineer
in Kirkland, WA

"I resigned from Google in September 2013. While I liked working there, I didn't see my career going in the direction I wanted it to. I had plenty of learning opportunities but not enough advancement opportunities."

in Mountain View, CA

"I had a one year contract at Google Interactive Operations and was impressed with the work environment, ethic and effectiveness."

Buyer
in Mountain View, CA

"Awesome contractor to work for."

Quality Control Analyst
Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Software Engineering Intern
in Mountain View, CA

"I was an SDE intern in Google. I love the amount of work in the company. However, the company is too big, so your chance to be observed is really low."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I've worked for Google as contractor for more than 18 months now and all I can say is company and people are awesome."

in Mountain View, CA

"This is very a great company to work for. A lot of opportunities for young people. Your ideas are what drive this company. Always new things to do. New ideas to explore and put into work."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
in Mundelein, IL

"I have worked for Motorola Mobility from January 2010. I have had great experience with working with very knowledgeable people and experienced people. This is definitely a great place to work."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Senior Software Engineer

"Great work environment. Challenging projects, smart colleagues."

in California City, CA

"I've worked for Google since 2012."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Operations Engineer

What do you like about working at Google?

"The best part of working for Google was the fact that I was surrounded by very intellectual, extremely driven and unselfish people. And yes, the perks were extremely helpful at times as well!"

"Other than understanding that your skills have certain limits, and in order to move on to a higher level, you will constantly need to learn new things daily."

What don't you like about working at Google?

"The company was great to work and I had very little to complain about. However, the IT department I was part of was exponentially growing too fast. My daily tasks were easily delegated by the number of new college grads that we would hire. It became less difficult to take care of certain tasks, so I felt that I would lose my technical edge by staying there continuing with that role."

"I would like to experience a less bureaucratic and more transparent type of management."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Strategist

What do you like about working at Google?

"I like the food, flexibility, smart people I work with, and transparent culture."

"Be prepared for the initial enthusiasm to soon subside, and be relegated to a job that you're probably not interested in."

What don't you like about working at Google?

"I dislike the monotony of the job, no clear career path, getting stuck, managers seeming oblivious and ineffective, and too much ambiguity and being left up to chance."

"I would suggest less red tape, faster-moving decisions, and more insight into why certain decisions are made."

Recruiting Coordinator
in Mountain View, CA

"Recruit photographers in the US and Canada. Strategize for project improvement."

What do you like about working at Google?

"Google fosters a great culture, collaboration, and sense of teamwork. On top of that, there are smart, employee-retention initiatives that make people want to come to work every day."

"Demonstrate creativity, intelligence, and adaptability. Think outside the box, and know Google's ethos - don't be evil."

What don't you like about working at Google?

"Often times we work long hours. There is a sense of being a cog in an enormous machine sometimes."

"I would suggest more realistic deadlines! Sometimes, there is an unnecessary sense of panic."

Media Operations Specialist
in Mountain View, CA

"I absolutely loved helping account managers troubleshoot their ads."

What do you like about working at Google?

"The advertisers were easy to talk to and definitely appreciated my feedback. It was an excellent working relationship."

"Be positive, and remember to keep talking out possible solutions to the hypothetical problems you are presented with."

What don't you like about working at Google?

"Unfortunately, when we found out the department was shutting down, Google didn't go out of their way to try to retain me after 2.5 years of service."

"I would suggest they put more effort into reinvesting in talent through new education and opportunities to retain them."

in Mountain View, CA

"Great company, bad people."

What do you like about working at Google?

"There are lots of smart people around, and great people on the very top. I like the good technologies and plenty of resources."

"Be careful; they may eat you, but you'll learn a lot."

What don't you like about working at Google?

"I dislike the grass roots bureaucracy. People around could probably cut your throat if allowed."

"They are smart people; they know what's going on."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5