On average, employees at Genentech give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Genentech employees are Systems Specialists submitting an average rating of 3.9.

(based on 46 Genentech Review Ratings)
in South San Francisco, CA

"Genentech is a great place to work."

Process Engineer
in San Francisco, CA

"It's a great place to work!"

Genentech (73)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Nightingale Home Healthcare (12)
in San Francisco, CA

"Great Place, amazing benefits good culture"

Software QA Lead
in South San Francisco, CA

"Awesome place to work, culture and Work env best."

Average Genentech Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Associate
in South San Francisco, CA

"Competitive Pay Great benefits Awards Great Work life balance that promotes working from home team engagement events able to travel visibility a lot of development opportunities Be able to help others"

Help Desk Technician
in South San Francisco, CA

"A big bio company company provide and makes a medicine for patients suffering from tumors and cancers. This company has great environment, nice culture and full of opportunities where you can learn more and can grow and it is known for their great achievements and awards through government and the people itself."

in South San Francisco, CA

"I worked for last 6 months and we successfully Deployed all the applications in all the environments. The team is very sportive and very cooperative. I loved my experience there. I will recommend it anyone who has opportunity to work there."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Vacaville, CA

"Genentech is an industry leader in biopharma and is a part of the Roche Group. Genentech is a great place to work and has a competitive compensation package."

in Vacaville, CA

"It is a very great company, if you work in any department other than manufacturing. The benefits are very competitive and the setting of the company is very relaxed. People are generally happy to converse with each other during potlucks and lunches that the company puts together. Manufacturing has a different outlook on the company, though, because it is a 24-hour plant and the company is going VERY lean right now and they are cutting a lot of resources from manufacturing."

in South San Francisco, CA

"Good environment, I recommend."

in San Francisco, CA

"I worked for Genentech for 6 months back in 2017. It was an excellent environment to work in as a college student. My supervisor was incredibly helpful, and the rest of our team was just as excited to have me on board as she was. The company culture is fast-paced. Interns were treated the same as employees, which allowed me to learn and grow a lot during my short period there. I hope i am able to work there again someday in the future as a full time employee."

in South San Francisco, CA

"I've worked for Genentech for a year, and it has been the greatest experience ever. All the employees are so passionate about improving the lives of our patients."

BioAnalytical Sciences Intern
in South San Francisco, CA

"Amazing company to work for! Great people, very friendly and helpful. A relaxed yet extremely scientific atmosphere that motivates one to give their best!"

in South San Francisco, CA

"Love the culture at this company. There's a social event every month."

in South San Francisco, CA

"I can speak only for what I and numerous other colleagues, who are all well-experienced engineering contractors, often say in private to one another about how we are treated within our respective project teams in our department, which deals interdepartmentally with the development of combination devices. When I first came to the company my manager proactively warned me that "There are LOTS of land-mines here!”, particularly in dealing interdepartmentally with the device team. But what kind of a department constantly requires its engineering contractors, whom it titles as “managers”, to walk on egg shells and contend with preexisting bad internal politics originating from mid-level management in a different department? Although each of us is well-educated and has many years of broad experience and accomplishments in the industry, our actions and contributions are frequently blocked because of internal politics stemming from immature mid-level management. For example, one interdepartmental manager will go out of his way to whine whenever we take the slightest initiative necessary to get the required work done on time. The departments deliberately work in silos and so there is poor collaboration interdepartmentally. Yes, there are regular interdepartmental meetings; but one cannot speak both factually and freely in them lest it might rub one manager the wrong way. Behind the scenes, initiative and drive are actively discouraged and contractors know that they will be chastised even for making a simple phone call to another departmental manager to ask a question necessary to complete their work. We are told that such communication can mushroom into prolonged back and forth discussions and questions; but that would only mean that others are uncertain of their own roles and that there exists a broader lack of direction from management at higher levels. In reality this is just a heavy-handed way to restrict the internal channels and free flow of information."