The Gap Employee Job Reviews

Browse The Gap Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at The Gap give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest The Gap employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Customer Service Associates with a rating of 4.1.

(based on 51 The Gap Review Ratings)

"Pros: - Beautiful building. - Everyone is very nice. Cons: - You silently stare in the eyes of a co-worker for 10 minutes every morning (this is not a joke). - No flexibility with work hours. - Required to attend 3 day long pep rallies, work weekends, and sales meetings after hours with no pay compensation. - Whether or not you are a consultant you must go through an extensive consultant training program. - Things move at a snails pace, everything requires the approval of a lot of different people. - You are forced to share your feelings and personal life, with a microphone, in front of 250 people. - Overbearing environment. - It feels like a bunch of kids are trying to act like adults and play office (doesn't feel like real work, you constantly do things and think "why are we doing this..." with the answer always being "it builds connectivity/affinity). - You do exercises and attend meetings more than you actually work. - You are encouraged to take on new roles and accountabilities and are not compensated other than a pat on the back. - People tell each other "I love you" way more than is comfortable (this started after my first month, very uncomfortable). - They want to enroll your friends and family into their programs, they never stop asking. - Starting pay is well below the average. - A lot of workers (at least half) are married/ family, there is a heavy bias because of this. - Zero tolerance for working remotely/ flex schedule (very "breakthrough"). I have not felt this uncomfortable since High School."
Posted 7 years ago in Springfield, PA
The Gap Employee

"It was a company with a lot of faults and a lot of opportunities for growth."

The Gap Employee

"Gap was a good company. They pride themselves on good culture, individuality, and inclusion."

The Gap (123)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (12)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is rue21 (5)
in San Francisco, CA

"I work for Gap, they are a socially concious company that have given me lots of growth opportunity. I would highly recomend them as a company to work for & grow your career."

in San Francisco, CA

"Behind in the omni channel vision and hence the opportunity."

Merchandise Handler
in Fresno, CA

"I worked at the gap for about 9 months and I got to occupy my time with the best supervisors, trainers, and other employees. I could not imagine more team work or individual growth by all workers at the gap."

in Burlingame, CA

"Great place to work and the people and customers are very friendly!"

in San Francisco, CA

"I am a boomerang employee, initially starting with Gap, Inc. in 2000 - 2007 and then returning back to HQ in 2014. I believe in the company values and appreciate the inclusive and diverse work environment that the organization promotes."

Operations Manager
in Gallatin, TN

"Gap is a great place to work with many advancement opportunities and ability to try new roles. Recently Gap has not had a lot of future direction with CEO leaving and the cancellation of the Old Navy split, but I expect that we will right the ship, once we find the right leader"

in Watchung, NJ

"Good place to shop for clothes for the family"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
The Gap Employee

"I began working for Gap Inc in 2014 under an internship program. Seeing the passion from the associates and the lifestyle of this brand I decided to stay after my internship and work even harder to make a successful path for myself. I unfortunately left because I relocated but I am grateful for the experience and additional skills I obtained."

in Columbus, OH

"This company is run like many call centers, which is my only complaint. It's hard to be constantly monitored, especially when you are used to working independently. The people were nice and the company provides incentives to make you feel like they care."

in Commerce, CA

"Crap on a stick with absolute no respect, growth, benefits, culture or reliability for the employees and a structure that is all about treating people as if they are disposable things and not actual people who are worth getting to know or treating well"

in Fishkill, NY

"I work for Gap Inc. I started as a Financial Integrate Inventory Associate. After six months I was transferred to be an auditor in Intermix. Three months later, I applied for Human Resources Coordinator. The company give you opportunities to advance, but I am ready to take my career to another level and develop more knowledge and skills."

in San Francisco, CA

"I've worked for Gap Inc. in the Gap Tech IT department for almost 2 years now, and since that time spent everyone in the department is jumping ship. There is no leader ship and no management. The help desk manager, along with the senior director of IT as well with some key personal on the team al resigned in the span of 90 days. Which in result left our department with no direction. Even til this day they have yet to fill those key roles. The IT department seems to be working blind with no sense of direction to why and what direction we are moving in. On top of all the it was announced to the company that our CEO will be stepping down before the year is over."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in San Francisco, CA

"Great culture and good folks. Technology can be primitive because Gap retail is not in the software business; it is in the clothing business. Technical debt is regularly accumulated and seldom addressed. It is a large organization with a hierarchical order, so cross-function productivity can be slowed significantly. Technology vision is lacking."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5