(based on 74 Clear Channel Review Ratings)
"I have had a great experience working at Clear Channel and I would recommend anyone who wants to get into the marketing industry to work at this company. The amount of perks and the relationships that are developed can prove beneficial to those who seize the opportunities. As long as you are open-minded and available you can see yourself moving forward to achieve optimum results in this line of business."
Posted 7 years ago in Miramar, FL
Key Account Coordinator
in Burbank, CA

What do you like about working at Clear Channel?

"The people I work with are a lot of fun."

"Make sure you negotiate your salary. My salary is quite low and is not going up anytime soon."

What don't you like about working at Clear Channel?

"My direct managers do not treat me with any respect."

"I would prefer treating the employees better especially the low level ones."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Clear Channel Employee

"I have been at my company for three years now and have learned a lot from working with some amazing salespeople. I worked my way up to regional sales manager 18 months ago and my region has beat our sales projections by at least 25% each quarter since. However, I am starting to feel like I need some new challenges."

Clear Channel Employee

"I've worked with Clear Channel for over ten years, always with the carrot dangled that I'll get my chance or maybe next year for that raise. There are spots of good, but overall my frustration has grown and I've lost patience. It's far more political than it needs to be, and just making a suggestion or challenging the rationale will make someone angry."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Account Manager
in Dayton, OH

"Good company, not for me."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Riverside, CA

"Fun place to work. Fun Co-workers. Pros: Free tickets Movies and concerts. Cons: Management can be tough."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 2.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.3 / 5
Production Supervisor
Person You Work For 4.5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Key Account Coordinator
in Burbank, CA

What do you like about working at Clear Channel?

"Met a few great people and went to a few great concerts. Other than that, nothing."

"If you don't mind working hard, and working late, without financial compensation or even a pat on the back, welcome aboard! If you like working with slow, inefficient programs, come on in! If you're OK with being an awesome employee and working under the same low wages year after year after year, step right up!"

What don't you like about working at Clear Channel?

"No annual reviews, NO chance for a raise, health benefits are a joke, inadequate training, people work overtime but don't get paid for it. The managers do not care about employee morale or well-being... just productivity. They don't connect that morale and well-being RELATE to productivity!"

"Provide annual reviews and opportunities for raises. Throw a regular company holiday party instead of piggybacking it onto a current promotion we have with a client that forces us to share the space with listeners/winners."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Director of Marketing
in Saint Louis, MO

What do you like about working at Clear Channel?

"The progressive vision of the company to venture into uncharted territory and take risks with new ideas."

"Wait until 2013 after the final reorganizations and debt payments are made."

What don't you like about working at Clear Channel?

"Micromanager in the corner office. The only correct answer was hers (even if you both had the same answer). Budgeting was done in a numbers only method without analysis to understand why and what. They placed zero value on individuals, loyalty, work ethic, performance and results. Decisions made only on bottom line balance and / or increase."

"Invest in people. Recognize the talent that was inside and outside the operation and strive to keep them engaged and happy to produce. Place value in employees regardless of department and title. Cut dead weight by performance rather than bottom line."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Promotions Intern
in New York, NY
Person You Work For 2.2 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 1.2 / 5
Support You Get 1.6 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5
Director of Marketing Operations
in Poughkeepsie, NY
Rewards You Receive 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5 Company Culture 1.2 / 5
Way You Work 2.5 / 5
Promotions Coordinator
in Poughkeepsie, NY

"Horrendous."

What do you like about working at Clear Channel?

"I started as an intern at another location, and I LOVED hanging out with rock stars every day, loved the creativity and overall fun/party aspect of the job. Then I transferred to a smaller market with small stations but was promoted to a salaried position AND . . ."

"Don't. Take a look around. Radio all together is on a downswing. You wont make more than $30,000/yr in the promotions/programming department, unless you sell your soul and become a sales person. Put your creativity to use in your own business, television, or the web. If you're really smart, you'll go for something in tech, health or real estate industry."

What don't you like about working at Clear Channel?

"This is when Clear Channel started to cut staff out. They started bringing in Premium Choice talent and programming. In the 2 years at my position, we lost 15 people because they either were let go or quit. I had NO budget, but expected to make it happen with promotional items. My staff was paid $7.25 an hour - not at all motivating for them. Although I was hounded to come up with creative ideas, none of them were ever used. Lazy sales staff. Terrible management."

"There really isnt anything management in a local market can approve. They have to get approval for EVERYTHING. Even tshirt designs. Dont expect fast turnarounds on anything, even though YOU are expected to do so. The local management are just Corporate Ken Dolls - they only execute what they are told and have no room for creativity or their own decisions."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Media Sales Executive
Graphic Design Intern

"Be yourself and open. The lead graphic designer is an active participant in the interview."