(based on 126 CBS Broadcasting Review Ratings)
"Like any company it has its good parts and tough parts. Overall its a good place to work. You will work hard but you will enjoy the work."
Posted 5 years ago in New York City, NY
Financial Analyst

"I never had to do this for job searches before and it seems very interesting."

Account Executive

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"The product was excellent, the brand was well known in Baltimore. We delivered results for advertisers."

Senior Mechanical Designer

"Get as much money as you can going in because raises and promotions won't be an option."

"Stop being greedy and offer a real benefits package if you want to retain your employees."

Security Officer

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Frequent change of security supervisors and officers leading to poor communication and job security or stability."

"Increase seurity officers' pay, consider assisting officers who have college degrees, placement in CBS in-house departments."

News Producer

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Worked with governors, senators, congressmen, hollywood movie stars, business leaders, and was in the middle of major news events like hurricanes."

Technical Maintenance Engineer

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I enjoyed being able to lead the technical team both in the office and during the remotes which encompassed 3 weeks of unending challenges."

Media Consultant

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I enjoyed be able to be creative and also being with the largest TV station in the desert area."

"To be prepared to enter into 1990 old sales ways. No software to be used and back to the old basics of paper trail."

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Sales department was not structured nor did they have the proper training to help you grow."

"To develope a stronger training program along with implientmenting a sales program so everyone could know who was working on what."

Marketing Promotions Coordinator

"CBS Good Place to Work"

"Research the company"

"Help advance employees"

Client Services Manager

"CBS Interactive is a great company to work for, they have many plus and some minuses."

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Sales teams are very knowledgeable and the who office is friendly and inviting."

"Do your research about who we are before interviewing."

"There needs to be more opportunities for mid-level managers to move into."

Sports Anchor
in Pasco, WA

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I liked the variety of the position and the excitement of reporting the news. Everyday brought a new opportunity and new exciting story to report in the field. Come 5pm, it was game time. We had to be ready to roll by 5pm every night for the live newscast. It was fast paced, and a high energy enviornment, which I loved!"

"Be open and honest in regard to what type of role you want with CBS. Be ready to work. It is an incredibly demanding job that requires passion and determination on a daily basis."

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Upper management at CBS lacked direction for the news director. We didn't receive a lot of guidance or direction from upper management, which left us in the dark in some respects."

"Communication is key! Without communication, employees will be left guessing their role and what their priorities are on a daily basis. I learned from that situation, that if the top management positions are not communicating effectively with their employees, the entire organization will suffer due to the lack of communication and the understanding of each persons role on the team."

Director of Commercial Production

"Professional organization."

"Work schedule!"

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"High stress, but work schedule made up for it."

Film Cutter
in Dayton, OH

"It was fine."

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I didnt have nobody over my shoulder while working."

Phospheric Aerospace Plating Specialist
in Mason, OH

"It is just a average employer."

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"They get you into a job quick."

"Ask for a specific job that you want and stick with it."

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"Health insurance was expensive."

"Lower health care costs."

General Assignment Reporter
in Cedar Rapids, IA

"General assignment reporter."

Intern

What do you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I loved being part of a news team. Brainstorming stories and doing research was very exciting."

"I would tell a potential employee to make sure that they appear self motivated and capable of multitasking."

What don't you like about working at CBS Broadcasting?

"I did not like the level of communication between different departments."

"Communicate with your employees. Create clear lines of communication between all departments at all times."