Brigham Young University Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Brigham Young University Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 97 Brigham Young University Review Ratings)

4.6
IT Engineer

"This has been a fantastic place to work as a student. Due to growth restrictions, there is not a lot of room for advancement, but the skills and experience that I have gained here have been invaluable."

Research Assistant

"The work is great. I have learned a lot from this job. However, I need H1B."

Research Assistant

"High standards in education as well as lifestyle."

Graduate Student

"BYU has been a fine place to complete my graduate studies."

Research Assistant

"BYU has provided an opportunity for me to advance my education beyond a college degree. I've developed as a person for my time here."

Research Assistant

"BYU is a great environment and a wonderful place to work. The work is exciting and meaningful."

Brigham Young University Employee

"I work for a professor in the Physics Department developing a website and database to create, modify, categorize, and list physics problems. As I just work for this professor, I have no workplace environment (unless my home counts). The professor and department are great, but my compensation is abysmal. If the university wanted this developed by a pro (which I technically am, but I'm also a student), then they would have to pay 10 times more per man hour."

Brigham Young University Employee

"I've worked here for over four years. It is a great place to work, for sure. I've definitely enjoyed my time here. I am allowed to set my own pace and I get lots of freedom."

Print Production Manager

"Great place to work. Can get a little hectic, but great for learning skills. Warren Bingham teaches great design."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5
Academic Advisor

What do you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"Great coworkers, fulfilling work role and environment, and opportunities for personal and professional development."

"Without a doubt it is tough to get in. You really have to know someone to get a full-time job."

What don't you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"Can be boring in that you are meant to keep the course and are not encouraged or allowed much to innovate."

"Allow training opportunities for staff/administrators more frequently and cross-disciplinary and not just within professional organization conferences."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
English Professor

What do you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"I worked with good people in the English department, and the students were great to be around."

"They are looking for people who are submissive to authority, caring about students, and enthusiastic about the Mormon experience, and familiar with technology."

What don't you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"The environment is highly authoritarian, and the faculty have very little control."

"The management needs to be more interactive with the faculty, and they need to surrender some of their power to the faculty."

Internship Coordinator

What do you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"Not super difficult. Fun people. Fun work. Flexible schedule. Learn a lot. Not a ton to do."

"Be real. You don't want to fake an interview and then have to fake your whole job."

What don't you like about working at Brigham Young University?

"I don't like my co-worker. But other than that and the communication (lack thereof), it's great."

"Better communication. sometimes it lacks. and set expectations and no exceptions. There are way too many of those."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Web Developer
Work Setting 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5

Brigham Young University Reviews FAQs

Is Brigham Young University a good company to work for?

Brigham Young University has an overall rating of 4.2 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 97 Brigham Young University Review Ratings left anonymously by Brigham Young University employees, which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 99% of employees would recommend working at Brigham Young University.

Does Brigham Young University pay their employees well?

Brigham Young University employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour, which is 55% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 38 Brigham Young University employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Brigham Young University Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Brigham Young University?

99% of employees would recommend working at Brigham Young University with the overall rating of 4.2 out of 5. Employees also rated Brigham Young University 4.4 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.6 for Rewards You Receive, 3.6 for Growth Opportunities and 4.2 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Brigham Young University?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Brigham Young University is a Technical Consultant at $201,000 annually. Browse Brigham Young University Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Brigham Young University?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Brigham Young University is a Lead Processor at $12,000 annually. Browse Brigham Young University Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Brigham Young University?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Brigham Young University to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.