121 Brigham Young University Reviews

Browse Brigham Young University Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Brigham Young University give their company a 4.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 7% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Brigham Young University employees are Teaching Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Research Assistants with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 95 Brigham Young University Review Ratings)
4.6
Research Assistant
in Provo, UT

"I've worked in research for BYU for (soon to be) 4 years. My professors have all been great mentors and provided me flexibility in schedule and freedom to solve problems. In my assessment of my ability to improve and move up, while there's ability to improve in undergraduate research, it's a student job that doesn't offer promotions."

Legal Assistant
in Santa Clarita, CA

"I worked for Princess Cruises for 20 years, 6 years in Customer Service, and 14 years in the Legal department. The company is very good, I had a good relationship with management, and my co-workers. the company is a pro equal employment opportunity company, with a diversity of ethnicities, unfortunately, the COVID_19 affected their business a great deal and had to let go hundreds of employees, they have been very supportive after the fact we no longer work with them. Princess Cruises Great company to work for."

Media Designer
in Rexburg, ID

"I've worked for BYU-Idaho for 5 years and I know that it is where I needed to be to better myself as a worker and as an individual. While there I was able to manage complex projects, teams and was given enough trust so that I could accomplish what I needed to."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Graduate Teaching Assistant
in Provo, UT

"I worked with Brigham Young University for two consecutive semesters as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for cost analysis and project management classes. This was between September 2019 and April 2020. Service to humanity is at the center of work. I love the fact that BYU treats all employees with respect, dignity, and equality. BYU employs about 4000 people, the majority of whom live within the Utah Valley."

Average Brigham Young University Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Audio Engineer
in Provo, UT

"BYU is a great place to work. They allow you to schedule your work around your classes and it makes it easy to get school work done while making money."

Assistant Researcher
in Provo, UT

"I have work for Brigham Young University for over a year now and have loved my time here. They really care about their employees and make sure each of us receives useful experience and expertise. They were a very supportive environment to start your career. They provided one on one help when needed, but encouraged individual thought and creativity as well."

in Provo, UT

"Great place to work while I was earning my bachelor's degree."

Dishwasher
in Provo, UT

"Brigham Young University's student jobs attempt to provide real experience for students as they move into the professional world. Importantly though, they also pay above minimum wage for their jobs and provide meaningful opportunities for advancement even in custodial jobs."

System Administrator
in Provo, UT

"For a student job, working on campus at BYU is amazing. It would be hard to beat the convenience and flexibility of working at BYU."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Web Developer
in Provo, UT

"I really enjoy working for Brigham Young Universities FHSS and CFHG departments. It is an excellent working environment for a college student. It has prepared me well for the work field after college. The staff and bosses are very helpful. They give us opportunities for growth in our skills."

AV Producer
in Rexburg, ID

"I’ve worked for BYU-I for 5 years as a student and I was lucky to work under a supervisor that cared about meeting the personal goals of each of his producers."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
UX Designer
in Rexburg, ID

"I have worked for Brigham Young University for just over a year and have had an amazing experience. I was able to work with a small team and establish a good workflow and do jobs that allowed me to stretch me in and overall UX workplace. I was also able to work closely with my supervisors and build a good foundation in this position."

Lead Processor
in Rexburg, ID

"I loved working at the Career Center. Flexible schedule, friendly environment, great management"

in Payson, UT

"Having worked for BYU Print & Mail for over a year I have had the opportunity to work with great associates and be a part of great work. The benefits of working for a campus in an Administrative Staff position include 401k, Paid Vacation and Tuition. I have had a great relationship with my supervisor and had many opportunities to learn and grow. It has been a great experience working for an In-Plant that sets the gold standard for the industry in printing quality and processes. The job can be challenging but for those who take initiative and love to work hard, it can be very rewarding."

in Provo, UT

"I received multiple degrees from BYU and was excited to start working there. I knew there would be challenges but I did not expect the biggest challenge to be the management team. The work environment is extremely political and unfriendly. I worked for Dining Services and I can tell you that the safety the food they are feeding students and guests is not the top priority of management. Management will tell you what sounds good like Food Safety is a top priority or they value the students working there, however, their actions show that those are all lies. I suggested we get equipment to better detect foreign material and was told it was not in the budget. I asked for a budget that I could use to improve Food Safety and could not be given one. The only reason my position existed was because somebody told management that I would be a good idea. They had no food safety goals. Full responsibility was placed on this position for the Food Safety of the whole plant with no input or commitment from any other leadership. They lure people in with the reputation of BYU to leave employees miserable because they have no direction and are not listened to."