261 Bristol-Myers Squibb Reviews

Browse Bristol-Myers Squibb Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Bristol-Myers Squibb give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bristol-Myers Squibb employees are Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Research Scientists with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 171 Bristol-Myers Squibb Review Ratings)
"Gave me the foundation, training, skill set and exposure to management opportunity that launched my career."
Posted 7 years ago
in Trenton, NJ

"From the CEO to other senior leaders to the head of our division & within the sales and sales leaders, the focus is on making a real difference to the patients we serve. I feel that the caliber of the team across functions is very strong and there is a clear culture of accountability and empowerment!"

Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee

"Good job, no room for advance, no pipeline."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Bristol-Myers Squibb (261)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is NHK Laboratories (6)
in New Brunswick, NJ

"In less than a year and a half BMS has proven why it is one of the 50 best places to work as determined in a recent survey on companies in NJ. The products made by BMS truly have a huge impact on the lives of their patients. I think that working for a company that makes products like this breeds a certain type of employee culture to want to help more. This makes people very ambitious about what they do."

in New Brunswick, NJ

"It has been my pleasure working for BMS. The company really cares about its employees and its customers (patients). They have been able to navigate the rough waters of BIG pharma where other companies have gone under. The management team is supportive and committed to professional growth and development opportunities for their employees."

Average Bristol-Myers Squibb Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Plainsboro, NJ

"I worked for BMS for 16 years. The company as a whole has an excellent work life balance. There is a strong entrepreneurial spirit, where you are given all the tools needed to succeed."

Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee

"I have worked here since 2010 and I have really enjoyed my time here. The coworkers and culture in the company is very inviting."

Compliance Manager
in Lawrenceville, NJ

"I worked at BMS since 2005 with growing positions of responsibilities. I became familiar with performing auditing, pharmacovigilence, regulatory compliance, and regional laws regarding EMEA, LATCAN and ASIA Pac."

Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee

"I worked at Bristol Myers Squibb for 2 years from 2012 through 2014. It is a global company that is transitioning its focus from diabetes medicine to oncology. Once Bristol Myers Squibb completes its transition, it will be a very solid company."

in Ayer, MA

"Work-Life balance is tipped heavily towards work. Management is very reactionary with regards to priorities and do not take into consideration resource constraints."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Net Development Lead
in Lawrenceville, NJ

"I have worked with BMS since 2010. I have been very comfortable working in such a friendly environment. I have been able to learn a lot of things for the past 4 years and I have been a very good asset for the company."

Director of Supply Chain Management
in New Brunswick, NJ

"The culture in supply chain is every man for himself (emphasis on man) with women not taken seriously by the old-school male-dominated leadership circle. The VP is all show and no go, scattered, without a clear strategy. Self-promotion is tolerated and bullying by a few egomaniacs is common. There's a lot of lip service about the biopharma behaviors when in fact the ones getting promoted and recognized are the worst offenders. Highly political and kiss-ass environment."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Intern
in Plainsboro, NJ

What do you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"Team work is encouraged and for the most part teams are supportive."

"Come prepared, know a little about the company and the pharma industry as a whole."

What don't you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"In my experience I have not had any negative experiences to tell about."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Scientist
in New Brunswick, NJ

"As a Scientist at the Myers Squibb Company, I have over 12 years of experience in FDA/, cGMP/GLP compliant pharmaceutical industry."

What do you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"BMS is a great place to work for, but with some old cultures that might be difficult to overcome sometimes."

"Be yourself and expect no less than a great team to work under."

What don't you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"Great working environment and freedom to try out new things."

"Nothing in particular, a great place to work in a challenging environment."

Senior Quality Control Associate

"Great company, good benefits and pay. Overall positive experience working here."

What do you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"There is great work/life balance in the quality control group. My direct manager is a great boss who I respect, and is good at his job. We have a lot of nice perks at BMS. There is a gym, personal trainers who teach free classes and personal training during the week, fitness compensation (yes, money) program, an onsite nurse, and a lot of resources for outside use. You can partake in generous company discounts at department stores, car dealerships, car rentals, hotels, computer companies, etc. Somewhat flexible hours in a lot of jobs at the company, great vacation time, incentive programs (bonuses on top of your regular bonus). I've had my ups and downs with my feelings about what I am doing and sometimes about a couple of the people I've had to work with, but I've always loved the company as a whole. They do their best to keep employees around with great benefits and competitive pay."

"This is a great company. If you are a positive, interactive, enthusiastic, team-playing individual with a desire for continuous learning and growth, you will do well and you will most likely climb the ranks, here. When you interview, make sure to mention how you plan to apply your strengths from past work experience, but especially focus on your excitement and willingness to learn new things. Of course your happiness will depends largely on the group you are in and the people you work for/with, so it is all relative. I work in the Quality group, which has been a positive experience, overall. Don't get bogged down by the people who complain either on this site or when you start. There are people like that everywhere and a lot of the ones who do so here have never had the unfortunate experience of working in a poorly run company, like I have. So when they complain, they simply don't know how good they've got it, in my opinion. I can honestly tell you that BMS is the best place I have ever worked."

What don't you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"I have had other bosses in the same group who I did not love quite as much as my current boss. HR is receptive, but slow to respond to issues between employees, even if several people have brought up problems with one employee. Upper management seems to have final say on whether the employee is punished for bad behavior, or not. There was an instance where someone in a leadership role was making inappropriate sexist/racist remarks, got reported to HR by multiple employees, and was promoted soon-afterwards. Upper management used it for their own purposes, as fuel to get rid of that employee's boss that they didn't like, instead of focusing the attention at the individual employee, and holding that person responsible for their actions, like they should have. I have seen management play favorites with some employees and let them get away with far more than others would be allowed to."

"Monitor the behaviors of your managers to ensure that they are in line with the core behaviors you hold dear. The core behaviors should not only be expressed by lower-level employees but by (and perhaps especially by) upper-level employees and management, alike. Relationships between upper management and lower-level employees are sparsely seen. It would benefit the functionality of the groups within the company if management and upper-management was more visible and interacted more often with lower level employees. This would humanize the upper management in employees' minds, and could also serve to only strengthen morale within the individual groups."

Consultant
in Princeton, NJ

"Great place to work, very low consulting rates."

What do you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"The work environment is excellent, people are friendly and a lot of autonomy to get projects done."

"Be on time, be yourself, be interesting, be committed to getting the work done."

What don't you like about working at Bristol-Myers Squibb?

"Consulting rates are very low, no room for growth or raises."

"If you prefer to use consultants, you should be concerned with the amount of corporate knowledge consultants maintain. Throwing this knowledge away is a huge waste. Thinking you can cycle in and out more interns at $15/hr every 6 months is very short-sighted."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5