On average, employees at Bechtel give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bechtel employees are Design and Maintenance Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Field Engineers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 111 Bechtel Review Ratings)
in Richland, WA

"Good pay, but you have to know the right people to advance and possibly even keep your job. Supervisors will continue telling you that everything is great and then upper management who doesn't even know you will tell you that you needed to do more. I think it's a great place for new engineers, but more experienced engineers get stifled (unless you suck up to the right people maybe?). Recommending the company CEO is weird because he seems decent enough, but he's the third generation Mr. Bechtel to be CEO. It's good to be king."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Bechtel Employee

"As a Bechtel employee I have worked both Oil & Gas and federal jobs. As most recent in 2013 I was the ICS Systems Engineer over cyber security for the Los Alamos National Lab and on the federal DOE ICS Cyber Committee."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Bechtel (238)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is SNC-Lavalin (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wood Group TCS (8)
in Pueblo, CO

"Bechtel pays very well, the benefits are exceptional, and there is a real commitment to safety."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Reston, VA

"Bechtel is a large engineering and construction company. Office workers are subjected to the same rigid policies as construction workers. When a project is over, so is your job. They are loosing work and laying people off. Lots of politics and bureaucracy. They force people to move all the time for no reason and don't really care about employees."

Average Bechtel Ratings in the Past 2 Years

in Cameron, LA

"A warning to all... working for Bechtel, specifically in Cameron, will have you fired in no time. They have a Pipe Superintendent there (night shift) that is on a power kick (and IR KNOWS that he is this way and also knows that he knows NOTHING about Pipe - he's a former Ironworker). So, if you go there, don't plan on staying very long. You will be stressed out of your mind and job-scared the entire time you are there. My husband has over 30 years of experience in pipe fitting, pipe foreman, pipe general foreman and superintendent and is NCCER certified. Because a know-nothing pipe fitter, when my husband was out of the area walking packages with his GF, welded two things together he should have KNOWN not to do, they made my husband the fall guy and fired him. Can you spell "wrongful termination"??? I can. Construction is going to hell in a hand basket and NO ONE should have to work in an environment of fear and intimidation (which is what is going on in several locations with several contractors and I intend to call attention to it). I have hit up several local news channels about the ongoing abuses by these companies and they are of the mind that this makes good press."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Reno, NV

"The Air National Guard was a great opportunity to continue my military service"

in North Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for Bechtel Corp. for 4 years. It is one of the largest engineering and construction companies in the US. Bechtel has great incentives and ample opportunity to move up within the company. I felt secure in my position and comfortable with my co workers and supervisors. Bechtel is a great company to work for and I enjoyed every minute of the experience."

Civil Superintendent
in Florida City, FL

"Overall a good company, great benefits."

in Las Vegas, NV

"You are a tool for Bechtel. They pay handsomely for that tool but when they don't need you anymore they put you away. You better bring your A-game and make friends and network or else you get that 60 day notice. Don't want to move Don't work for Bechtel."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Civil Inspector
in Cushing, OK

"Bechtel is an outstanding company to work for and have been appreciative of working with them for the past 6 years. My only problem with Bechtel is there have been periods of a couple of months between projects with no position for me and all the traveling that is required. Other than that, the compensation is great along with the benefits."

Welder
in Spring City, TN

"Good company and employees."

What do you like about working at Bechtel?

"Job security, support and advancements very well organized and structured company."

"Anybody who has offered to work with company should be determined and knowledgeable."

What don't you like about working at Bechtel?

"The lack of vacation or benefits, no profit sharing or bonuses."

"Management should be more involved on a personal working level with employees for decision making."

Control Systems Engineer
in Idaho Falls, ID

What do you like about working at Bechtel?

"I had a lot of freedom in choosing what I worked on and how I solved problems in the facility."

"This is a good company to work for. The only reason I left was for a job closer to home."

What don't you like about working at Bechtel?

"I had a 1.5 hour commute each way from home to work."

"Evaluate positions that need to be performed on site versus in town."

Enterprise Architect
in Aiken, SC

"Great people."

"Be honest."

"Its location."

"Better support for technical staff."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Mechanical Engineer
in Frederick, MD

What do you like about working at Bechtel?

"It can be challenging at times, the opportunity to travel around the US and the world. The pay is about average in the industry. The benefits are pretty good."

"If you want to move ahead, you have to know how to play the game. But it's like that wherever you go."

What don't you like about working at Bechtel?

"The micromanagement is really getting pretty old and needs to change."

"Empower the employees more to feel like they make a difference."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Administrative Assistant
in Vienna, VA

What do you like about working at Bechtel?

"The pay is nice, as are the benefits. My co-workers are mostly bright, dedicated people."

"Definitely mention you are a team player, as this is a very collaborative environment."

What don't you like about working at Bechtel?

"There are few opportunities for advancement for someone in my position."

"Try my best to convince employees that my efforts are not only motivated by my bonuses."