(based on 115 Bechtel Review Ratings)
in Richland, WA

"Thanks for throwing me into an unwanted review session."

in Reston, VA

"worked here for 3 years. It is a great company and they pay on the high end of the scale. Comraderie between colleagues is also easy to find and morale is typically high, even during high stress times of a project."

Bechtel (242)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is SNC-Lavalin (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wood Group TCS (8)
Senior Construction Technical Lead Supervisor
in Waynesboro, GA

"I have worked in the Nuclear Construction Industry for over 35 years. Every day brings new ideas and ways of learning job details that help us complete the work with much success."

in Reston, VA

"Ive worked for Bechtel since 2007. Since 2013, the company has seemed to be slipping in new work and employee satisfaction. Morale is low. There isn’t much concern for the employees."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Bechtel Ratings in the Past 2 Years

in Richland, WA

"Good pay, but you have to know the right people to advance and possibly even keep your job. Supervisors will continue telling you that everything is great and then upper management who doesn't even know you will tell you that you needed to do more. I think it's a great place for new engineers, but more experienced engineers get stifled (unless you suck up to the right people maybe?). Recommending the company CEO is weird because he seems decent enough, but he's the third generation Mr. Bechtel to be CEO. It's good to be king."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Bechtel Employee

"As a Bechtel employee I have worked both Oil & Gas and federal jobs. As most recent in 2013 I was the ICS Systems Engineer over cyber security for the Los Alamos National Lab and on the federal DOE ICS Cyber Committee."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Pueblo, CO

"Bechtel pays very well, the benefits are exceptional, and there is a real commitment to safety."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Reston, VA

"Bechtel is a large engineering and construction company. Office workers are subjected to the same rigid policies as construction workers. When a project is over, so is your job. They are loosing work and laying people off. Lots of politics and bureaucracy. They force people to move all the time for no reason and don't really care about employees."

in Cameron, LA

"A warning to all... working for Bechtel, specifically in Cameron, will have you fired in no time. They have a Pipe Superintendent there (night shift) that is on a power kick (and IR KNOWS that he is this way and also knows that he knows NOTHING about Pipe - he's a former Ironworker). So, if you go there, don't plan on staying very long. You will be stressed out of your mind and job-scared the entire time you are there. My husband has over 30 years of experience in pipe fitting, pipe foreman, pipe general foreman and superintendent and is NCCER certified. Because a know-nothing pipe fitter, when my husband was out of the area walking packages with his GF, welded two things together he should have KNOWN not to do, they made my husband the fall guy and fired him. Can you spell "wrongful termination"??? I can. Construction is going to hell in a hand basket and NO ONE should have to work in an environment of fear and intimidation (which is what is going on in several locations with several contractors and I intend to call attention to it). I have hit up several local news channels about the ongoing abuses by these companies and they are of the mind that this makes good press."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Reno, NV

"The Air National Guard was a great opportunity to continue my military service"

in North Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for Bechtel Corp. for 4 years. It is one of the largest engineering and construction companies in the US. Bechtel has great incentives and ample opportunity to move up within the company. I felt secure in my position and comfortable with my co workers and supervisors. Bechtel is a great company to work for and I enjoyed every minute of the experience."

Civil Superintendent
in Florida City, FL

"Overall a good company, great benefits."

in Las Vegas, NV

"You are a tool for Bechtel. They pay handsomely for that tool but when they don't need you anymore they put you away. You better bring your A-game and make friends and network or else you get that 60 day notice. Don't want to move Don't work for Bechtel."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Civil Inspector
in Cushing, OK

"Bechtel is an outstanding company to work for and have been appreciative of working with them for the past 6 years. My only problem with Bechtel is there have been periods of a couple of months between projects with no position for me and all the traveling that is required. Other than that, the compensation is great along with the benefits."

Welder
in Spring City, TN

"Good company and employees."

What do you like about working at Bechtel?

"Job security, support and advancements very well organized and structured company."

"Anybody who has offered to work with company should be determined and knowledgeable."

What don't you like about working at Bechtel?

"The lack of vacation or benefits, no profit sharing or bonuses."

"Management should be more involved on a personal working level with employees for decision making."