2.7
(based on 5 Wood Group TCS Review Ratings)
2.2
2.0
2.2
Wood Group TCS Employee
in Loveland, CO

"A very dysfunctional organizational culture. Very hard to maintain health, sanity, and overall happiness. Company needs a “clear direction and strong leadership.” I have received neither. Originally, I believed the biggest challenge would stem from a lack of systems. However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles. 13 year company that operates like a start-up “mom-n-pop shop” rampant with nepotism and cronyism."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Principal Engineer
Person You Work For 3.9 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3.9 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.8 / 5

2.7
Wood Group TCS (8)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is SNC-Lavalin (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wood Group TCS (8)
Equipment Services Project Manager

What do you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"The engineering work and some of the field work were very interesting, that's about it, anything else was bad."

"Never work for these people who were running WG TCS, you are under a lot of risk if you do. They all probably went to work for Woodward Governor in Fort Collins, since all the locals were former employers of Woodward. They pretty much laid off only the outsiders like me and 15 other people. Extremely bad experience, I was wrong in trusting the head hunter who recruited me."

What don't you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"Everything else. There was complete lack of aptitude for management and business handling, really inept people, bad management, good engineering and decent manufacturing."

"Management at that company is inept. They failed to run the business successfully, lost a lot of money and the company went belly up in 2010. I was laid off in 2009 at the peak of the recession, along with several other employees. It was devastating for me and others that had family and several expenses. I had left a good job to go to work for WG TCS in CO, I left my family in Chile to go to CO, and I was laid off a year later due to the ineptitude of those who ran the company, all of them."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager

What do you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"The engineering work and some of the field work were very interesting, that's about it, anything else was bad"

What don't you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"everything else. There was complete lack of aptitude for management and business handling, really inept people, bad management, good engineering and decent manufactring"

"Management at that company is inept. They failed to run the business successfully, lost a lot of money and the Co went belly up in 2010. I was laid off in 2009 at the peak of the recession, along with several other employees. It was devastating for me and others that had family and several expenses. I had left a good job to go to work for WG TCS in CO, I left my family in Chile to go to CO, and I was laid off a year later due to the ineptitude of those who ran the company, all of them."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4.9 / 5
Field Service Technician
in Farmington, NM

"Understaffed but good cash job;"

"Independent; Self management;"

"They are out of business; purchased by Siemens 2008;"

What don't you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"No technical support; Lack of home office supprot;"

"Continue your training/HR skills;"

Construction Manager
in Clearwater, FL

"Worst job ever in my 36 year career."

"Nothing at all."

"Stay away from this company."

What don't you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"Management is very incompetent."

"They all need to be fired."

Application Engineer
in Midland, TX

"The company never had any growth opportunities. Maybe because of the recession."

What do you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"The salary was adequate."

What don't you like about working at Wood Group TCS?

"They did not have a clear career path for employees. A little bit unorganized HR."

"They need to develop career paths for employees."