(based on 90 Arrow Electronics Review Ratings)
"Arrow was my first job with a big organization and it was a great place to learn."
Posted 10 years ago in San Jose, CA
Arrow Electronics Employee

"I work for Arrow Electronics, it is a 30 billion dollar company and I work for Arrow digital as a technical business analyst."

Arrow Electronics Employee

"They suck, I worked for them since 2007, got laid off, then got re-hired again after 9 months later to start all over again from 17.65 an hour to 11.00 an hour."

Arrow Electronics (152)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (5)
in Englewood, CO

"Don't believe what you read on this site. Most finance employees make less than 37K a year, with an average of 30 years experience in their jobs, we can't afford to live in the state of Colorado anymore, most finance employees don't qualify to rent a 1 bdrm apt. But, our mgmt brags about being the largest publicly traded company, builds multi-million race cars for paraplegic driver and our CEO salary is amongst the highest in the industry. Hmmm."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Database Analyst
in Englewood, CO

"Support, training, and professional development are non-existent at Arrow. Managers do not effectively communicate expectations to employees and change policies and procedures frequently. Lack of cohesive vision contributes to a chaotic and ineffective work climate. Office politics are VICIOUS and RAMPANT. You will be spied on and your phone/computer use will be monitored daily."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Arrow Electronics Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Englewood, CO

"Great place to work with flexible hours. Pressure can mount but for someone that welcomes pressure and overcoming obstacles, this will be a welcomed challenge. Oversight is performance based and there are no assumptions that long days and hours put in = better performance. The employees are entrusted with their own success."

Financial Analyst
in Englewood, CO

"I worked at Arrow for 2 1/2 years. They have a decent benefits package, allow you to work independently, and are pretty flexible with your schedule. However, there are not many opportunities to move up in the company."

in Santa Clara, CA

"Overall Arrow was a good company to work for. However, them being driven by Wall St. has its downside."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Santa Clara, CA

"Disappointing end to a 6 year run with them. Being a person that strives to be be best in class. It is hard to hold myself back."

in Marlborough, MA

"Not easy to move up. Nice working environment and great customers. Better than a lot of companies. Lots of change constantly."

Arrow Electronics Employee

"The company has identified the need to move into other higher margin businesses in order to sustain growth and profitability and has done a good job identifying opportunities for organic growth and given people the latitude and tools to be successful. They also balance and complement this growth with M&A activity."

PC Technician

"Yes, I've worked for about a month and I quit the job due to family case, and of course I had a plan to read and update my profession in programming, especially in Java programming"

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Englewood, CO

"I worked for Arrow ECS for 3 years and found it to be a sweat shop. There was always tremendous pressure from upper management to accomplish things that just cannot be done. Very hard working company with low pay with little reward and appreciation. Great benefits and direct managers generally have a lot of experience, are very talented, personable, and easy to get along with."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in El Paso, TX

"I have worked for Arrow Electronics for 5 years and it was a good company with good benefits when I joined however top management is not connected with the problems and lack of professionalism of the middle managers; which put high stress on the sales people without providing the resources. Many people is not motivated, due to unattainable sales budgets."

Account Manager
in Foothill Ranch, CA

"Not a lot of work outside of work hours."

What do you like about working at Arrow Electronics?

"Very stable, everyone seems to like what they do. It is a pretty easy pace, without a lot of extra work."

"Arrow is looking for quality people - you need to be ready to work, and ready to learn."

What don't you like about working at Arrow Electronics?

"Too slow pace, limited account exposure because of the success I have had with a major account."

"Keep things positive and don't let the tail wag the dog. As a distributor of products from 1200 suppliers, many times the suppliers call the shots, not the customers."