A&P Technology Employee Reviews for Anonymous Employee

Browse A&P Technology Reviews by Job Title →
2.7
(based on 30 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
"I have worked for A&P Technology for over 11 years and have yet to wake up not looking forward to going to work. I consider myself lucky to have an employer that truly cares about each and every employee with the same regard. A&P also has the most skilled employees in the industry and I feel they compensate everyone generously. While growing quickly, the company still has a "family" feel to it, making relationships much more personal and everyone more approachable. To me, this is one of things I enjoy most. If you get a job with A&P, cherish it because you won't find anything better out there."
Posted 5 years ago in Cincinnati, OH
in Cincinnati, OH

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! This company, regardless of how many years you work here, will always DENY unemployment. I have seen some of the greatest employees here who have 20+ years in the company, denied unemployment just because "that's what we do" mentality. That is the answer they give when asked if they can collect unemployment for their family when let go. It is a horrible place to work at, in terms of feeling valued from an employer. If you have family or close friends that work here, then you have a job for life but if you don't, don't expect to work here for very long. This company could really flourish but their mentality holds them back from doing that. Young management is only in these positions because of family relationships outside of work. Doesn't matter how qualified you are. DO YOUR FAMILY A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY WILL THANK YOU FOR IT......."

in Cincinnati, OH

"THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!! Be extremely cautious on working for this employer. They DO NOT VALUE PEOPLE.....They say they do because the culture is different, and it is but in a very BAD way. Nepotism is extremely bad here and if you have a family, the HDP insurance is horrible. They only value family and friends here. I have read through all of the other reviews and they are so true. It is sad because this could be a great place to work but management makes it horrible. So many great people have left this place and have been let go of this place only to better themselves and their families with better opportunities. Do yourself a favor and find a better employer. Don't waste your time here....."

in Cincinnati, OH

"When I first started At a&p This place was awesome needless to say After a couple years of being there the place Became a show. The president is the only thing good about this company the people are backstabbing liars and manipulators you can’t trust anybody that works there is all out for themselves. And all the negative information on here is dead on. I wish I would’ve never of worked here."

in Cincinnati, OH

"The reviews on this company are so true when it comes to how the company does not value good employees. Thank God I have family member that work here because if I didn't, I would have been let go like all the other good employees that didn't have family that worked here. Insurance is terrible....Their culture is terrible....And their value for people is horrible. If you are looking for long term employment, this is not the place. During these times there is plenty of other employers out there that will value you and appreciate you. Unfortunately, this is not that company......"

Average A&P Technology Attributes by Anonymous Employee

2.1
2.5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Want to work somewhere that makes you happy and/or feel appreciated? If you answered yes, don’t come to A&P Technology. Family owned and operated....poorly. Oh, did I mention family? If you aren’t actually related to someone or know someone, well, good luck. Again, don’t come to A&P. The idea of this place sounds and looks great, especially during orientation. “We like to have fun, party, drink, and do other fun things.” That’s right, every now and then, they do. Yet, the overall experience of working at A&P does not reflect that. In production, where the majority works, you are not valued. You have absolutely no chance at furthering your career at A&P. The president is a great guy, but unfortunately the VP, is unbearable to work with. Which is where all of the orders are being hailed from. She will do everything in her power to make you believe that she is better than you, she can do no wrong, and the potential of pleasing her is minimal. This is true unless you are part of her crew of glorified customer representatives aka the sales team, that enjoy going on “sales trips” to the lake, her son’s pool, or Montana, DURING WORK. How do they expect the production crew to feel about that? They are constantly trying to boost morale in a positive manner, which tends to just decrease it further. Now, while this hasn’t been a positive review, mainly because of leadership. There is still some light shining through. There are great people that work at A&P, and which is why you do find some hope. Just don’t rely on that too much, because it’s just a matter of time to which that hope is smashed."

in Cincinnati, OH

"Horrible place to work don’t bother used to be a great place , hasn’t been that way in years hr plays favorites and are out of control , you think you get vacation but if you use it or the insurance you will get fired . Managers are pathetic. If your seeing any good reviews it’s from the I.t department and they drive Porsche’s big surprise , during the pandemic they collected the ppp money then demanded every come back if you didn’t because at that time no one knew what was going on they said we consider you have quit cashed your check then denied your unemployment yeah great company probably should be under investigation for fraud"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Looking for one the most depressing and out of touch places to work in America? Look no further than Ohio's own backyard! Starring nepotistic managers, incredibly toxic working style, and an inability to grow; AP Technology! The world leader in hot air and smoke screens! Drink the Kool-Aid with the office staff and worship the CEO and his best friend/love interest as they fly around the world, looking for contracts to fail! Watch as a bumbling engineering department led by a GE Dropout fails to put together an original design, for the 20th year in a row! With four state of the art (as of 1990) facilities each run like their own little work camp, you too can become clinically depressed working for a company that targets bright and young adults who won't know any better, or broke and desperate experienced workers! See how management can only be so if they're related to four boys who went to high school with the higher-up's kids! And most importantly, watch as the terrible products you make become ever more the laughing stock of the international market! The reality of working for this company is disgusting, a family led and owned enterprise that treats their workers like indentured servants. They will lie to you and act like your closest friends, preaching "the company family" line and stab you in the back as soon as it is necessary to them. Don't be fooled by their one contract they sold to Nasa once, but totally could do again speech. The equipment is horribly maintained, the designs are mediocre if not bad, and most production lines are simple holdover contracts that no one is sure if are even used anymore. This is a company that will duct tape a critical sensor to a machine and call it precision. Do yourself a favor, just don't. Unless you're looking for the above experience or some sort of sadist. Just don't work here."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"I will make this review very simple and to the point. If you are not related to or know somebody that works here then don't apply. The company uses a revolving door here to get rid of good people and they have you sign an "At Will" agreement every year to remind you that they will get rid of you at anytime they feel fit. I know of some really great employees that have worked here but the company have exercised they agreement and got rid of them. I have managed here for many years but have family members that have work here so I am somewhat protected. I have told upper management how I feel but it falls on deaf ears. Insurance is extremely expensive and is not good at all. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this employer at all costs. You will be glad you did."

in Cincinnati, OH

"It amazes me how the family members and the people that are making really good money here are always defending this company. Yet when I talk with them privately, they complain and tear down the owner and this company. I understand that they don't want to lose their job for voicing their opinion. You are given no direction or guidance here. I have sat in on meetings where they want to get rid of good employees because they want new, young people in here where they don't use the insurance. They know how to use the system and eliminate people from making a career at this place. I know people who have been here for over 20 years and then all of a sudden they are just let go because they had multiple medical expenses that year. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this employer at all costs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Employee BEWARE of this employer. I have been here over 25 years and it has gone down hill drastically. It used to be a great place to work 20 years ago but HR has no backbone and will agree to fire people for no good reasons. I have had many of my good friends let go because they literally just rotate people in and out to get new people in here. It doesn't matter if you are a great employee or not. If you are not connected with family that works here you are more than likely going to be let go. HR knows that this is wrong but they do nothing about it. They let top management just have their way so that they aren't let go. Even our medical insurance keeps getting worse and worse. You never know who is going to get let go and it's not fun thinking that every month you work here. Most of the reviews on here are correct and yes they are accurate when the one person said that they are trying to save their reputation by putting positive reviews on here. It's a shame that the owner allows this kind of nonsense to continue here."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5