234 Advanced Micro Devices Reviews

Browse Advanced Micro Devices Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Advanced Micro Devices give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Advanced Micro Devices employees are Co-op Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Software Engineering Interns with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 153 Advanced Micro Devices Review Ratings)
"AMD is a pleasant place to work. They treat their people well. There are good health benefits, a gym, and cafeteria on site."
Posted 3 years ago in Austin, TX
Advanced Micro Devices Employee

"Good place to work, and supporting colleagues."

Infrastructure and Systems Administrator

"AMD is a wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits and a marvelous company culture. Their problem is no one is buying their products. I worked for them in the 1990's and again in 2011-2104. They have seldom made a profit so lay-offs are endemic. Generally you are treated well and valued by your colleagues, which makes it a real surprise when HR shows up, to tell you it's time to leave."

Advanced Micro Devices (234)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
Linux Developer

Average Advanced Micro Devices Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Member of Technical Staff

"AMD was a good company to work for, however there have been a lot of management changes. I worked for them for 4 yrs and had 5 different managers, making it difficult to establish myself.There were 2 different CEOs during my time at AMD."

Co-op Engineer

"I've worked for AMD for nearly a year as a Co-op with the Test Chip team at Austin. The work culture is absolutely what one can ask for. Calm environment with a lot of freedom for you to express your views and collaborate with any level of executive to get the work done. People have a good culture of teaching new grads and co-ops to be at pace with industry sooner than usual. I had a personal 1:1 interaction with CEO of AMD. Rory Read was very down to earth and it was the best exposure I had at a very young age."

Advanced Micro Devices Employee

"I've worked for AMD as an IT Systems Administrator and it's your standard run-of-the-mill type setup.. if you count out the facts that me and my group tend to perform miracles on a regular basis with little compensation and recognition. If only my boss and his boss were given the power to effectively do their jobs, me and my crew wouldn't be in a much better position with higher morale and less stress."

Product Manager

"I have worked for AMD for 17 years and believe it has good people and good technology. The company is suffering from changing strategies but should be able to prove itself over the next few years."

in Markham, ON

"I've worked at AMD for my internship and I believe that like every other company, it has both its own strengths and weaknesses. While there were many brilliant minds there, there was a lack of organization. Due to limitations in equipment and funds, sometimes it was hard to get rolling on the important stuff such as development. However, with some of the newest technology and room for development, it was not such a bad place to work."

in Markham, ON

"The company's employees have gone through tough times in the last 5 years enduring 1-2 layoffs per year. The work is interesting and the work environment is generally good."

in Orlando, FL

"AMD was an amazing company to work for. I was an intern for around one year. My supervisor was always helpful and friendly."

in Markham, ON

"I have worked at AMD as a student engineer."

in Markham, ON

"I worked for AMD for 16 months as part of an internship. I found the work environment good, and the colleagues I met were a pleasure to work with."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"Company is strapped for cash and they do not have resources to invest in employee development."

Engineer
in Sunnyvale, CA

"AMD Corp was nice place to work as well at the other in the area. CEO change a lot. Hard to judge them.The key to a good department is have a good team to work with and I found that to be key. I am not sure what else I can say. Engineering department very interesting to deal with as well and dealing with international groups over seas."