468 Abbott Laboratories Reviews

Browse Abbott Laboratories Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Abbott Laboratories give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Abbott Laboratories employees are Administrative Assistants submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Systems Engineers with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 293 Abbott Laboratories Review Ratings)
"Abbott Laboratories has a friendly work environment with good chance of advancement within the R&D group of the company. New hires are usually brought in as contractors and converted to full time employees within 6 months. They have a cafeteria on-site with free coffee in the morning. Some of the contractors, like me, never get converted, this is usually within the operations group, if you don't get hired within a year, move on!"
Posted 3 years ago in Irving, TX
in Irving, TX

"• Direct manager periodically harassed me about my salary during private meetings in his office. He told me that my salary was too high for my position, questioned why the company chose to pay me such a salary and openly complained that I was one of his top paid employees. My manager also said that I should learn to appreciate my current salary when I asked how I could earn a greater merit increase during an annual performance assessment. I perceived this behavior as a form of jealousy. • Company does NOT follow its own standard disciplinary procedures outlined in Corporate Human Resources policies. Counseling services, performance improvement plans and probation are swiftly bypassed when it is convenient for management. • Company does NOT follow its own standard employee problem solving procedures outlined in Corporate Human Resources policies. Conflict resolution between employees either directly or with management as an arbitrator is discouraged so that Employee Relations can get involved and escalate the severity of the situation. • Company denied me a severance package upon terminating my job • Company refused to bridge my pension upon terminating my job just weeks prior to vesting. • Company assigned its own employee as the independent, third-party reviewer for my job termination appeal. This employee's relationship with my direct manager led him to immediately dismiss my appeal. • Company retaliated against me by appealing my unemployment benefits eligibility with the Workforce Commission. However, after company could not prove allegations and even failed to appear for its own appeal hearing, the WC affirmed my unemployment benefits eligibility. • Company refused to negotiate a settlement with my attorney once again citing allegations it could not prove. It threatened to publicly smear my name and counter-sue me for attorney's fees should I ever file a lawsuit."

in Menlo Park, CA

"This was a fast paced environment with high turnover. It was challenging to get work done on time. You were constantly under the microscope of management."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Abbott Laboratories (468)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is NHK Laboratories (6)
Facilities Engineer

in Webster, TX

"Great company to work for. Only wish it wouldn't be closing."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Abbott Laboratories Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Quality Engineer
in Sunnyvale, CA

"It is a great company to work for. I'd love to work again if getting offer from the company."

Abbott Laboratories Employee

"Very good company with great benefits and training. Ability to relocate and learn all aspects of the industry within the time I was employed."

IT Manager
in Santa Ana, CA

"I worked for Abbott for about 12 years, it was a great place to work where we utilized the latest technology. I was well compensated with a good base salary and bonuses, unfortunately due to certain dynamics and circumstances I left the company and after taking a few months off I'm now ready to find my next home."

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist
in Miami, FL

"Very good workplace, excellent pay. Good work environment, great camaraderie. Plenty of opportunity to develop and move from one division to the other. All depends on the supervisor ability to help you grow."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Princeton, NJ

"Good team environment. Strong technical group members. Bad top management at my branch. Not really care about project but much more political considerations."

Help Desk Technician
in Orlando, FL

"Good Company, great company values."

in Santa Clara, CA

"A well run company with strong, focused leadership. People are smart; employs the latest technologies, and projects are challenging."

in Irving, TX

"I thought the company was very poor at communication and setting goals and milestones. They had very inexperienced people at management positions."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in North Chicago, IL

"Good company with good benefits. I recommend this company."

in Columbus, OH

"Abbott is a well-established company in the pharmaceutical and nutrition industry. There is significant opportunity in the global market. The domestic U.S. market is well-developed and very competitive from an employment perspective. Competitors seem to consistently outspend Abbott in multiple channels."

in Columbus, OH

"Good company to work for. Not much career advancement opportunities."