On average, employees at Waste Management give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Waste Management employees are Drivers submitting an average rating of 4.1 and Outside Sales Representatives also with a rating of 4.1.

(based on 73 Waste Management Review Ratings)
"This is "the company" to work for in the waste and the environmental sector. Highly ethical, highly motivated to do right things and still make a profit for all stakeholders. They take good care of their employees and provide as stable and safe a work environment as possible."
Posted 6 years ago in Houston, TX
in Irwin, PA

"I’ve worked for WM for 2 years as a gas Technician. The job and the people are absolutely awesome. I had a good relationship with my boss however the workload to pay was not balanced. Everyone makes more money than you do and you are constantly busting yours but. Good stepping stone job to get experienced though"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Carson, CA

"great company, keeping my options open and maybe someday I will be back."

Waste Management (133)

3.9 Highest Rated in this Industry is Nexon (6)
3.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Stericycle (22)
3.7 Average of All Companies in this Industry (332)
in Kansas City, KS

"If you are thinking about going to this site, you’ll work 12-14 hours per day, have endless hours of paper work to do and have lots of tedious time demands. Doing this job requires constant engagement and you have to be involved from start to finish. That’s about as factual as I can be. But now, for my opinion. You will be incredibly under paid for those hours since you are on salary. Their organizational plan depends on manager attrition because the workforce is more likely to do favors for new people. The majority of your fellow managers will cheat to look like they win. Expect them to look to you to falsify documents. Only a handful of managers make it past a year. About 1/10. If you have a big ego, you might survive. But you’ll have to tolerate your vacations being cancelled. I think they are about 30 years behind the rest of civilized business at this site. I’d like to say better things, but there’s a lot of change needed there"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Greenville, OH

"I have work for this company for almost 4 years and I deal with a lot of customers, different company. My company I am working for now deals with Hazmat Regulations, 40 Hour Hazwoper, RCRA, Compliance, communication, Continuous Improvement, Pollution Prevention. Loading Tank Wagon, Inspections, Paperwork, Fork Lift Operator, Shipping and Receiving, Dock worker etc, Dot regulation, Billings, Streamline, Organized and Detailed Documentation, Effective and Direct Communication..."

Average Waste Management Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Orange, CA

"Dear Company Representative: Enclosed is a resumé, briefly outlining my background and qualifications, for your review and consideration. As reflected in my resumé, I have extensive experience in managing high volume recycling, and processing operations. This encompasses all staff selection/supervision, coordinating daily operations, maintenance, compliance administration and project planning. I specialize in adapting operations to meet critical time and budgetary goals. My background also includes planning and implementing new processes, equipment and technologies. My training includes in-depth insight to multiple health, safety, regulatory and compliance functions which allows me to remain current with ever-changing industry trends. I have been selected to manage key projects and assist other operations in implementing new processes. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications with you in more depth. To arrange for a personal interview, you may call me at (714) 713-5147. Or, if you prefer, you may e-mail me at fgetzinfinity1@gmail.com. Sincerely,"

in Tupelo, MS

"Worked with WM since 2013. The culture is ever changing."

Accounts Payable Specialist
in Forked River, NJ

"I worked with DRM for 16 months. I worked well with coworkers and my supervisors knew they can give me any task to work on. The atmosphere was relaxed but professional."

Outside Sales Representative
in Orlando, FL

"Waste Management is a great company to work for. The culture and benefits they provide for their employees put them far ahead of many companies. I would recommend Waste Management as a wonderful company to work for to anyone looking for a change in career."

in Franklin, WI

"No training, no support. Very disappointed in this company."

in Naples, FL

"Good job security. Good pay. A lot of hours."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Waste Management Employee

"Recognized company, but horrible at retaining great performers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Pompano Beach, FL

"While I enjoyed working at Waste Management, I feel this company is in downward spiral. Yearly raises have been suspended for the last five years, and all the CSR locations have been closed and consolidated to a single building in Houston, TX."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Project Manager

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Facility Manager
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I worked in the electronic recycling division of Waste Management. I ran my own facility; all aspects of that facility. However, I had to forecast my budgets, watch my EBIT and P & L's. I enjoyed the work immensely. Unfortunately laws don't exist in Oklahoma regarding electronics disposal."

Technician
in Wisconsin Dells, WI

"Stay away from WM, this company is nothing but greedy. There is no opportunity for advancement here. Do not waste your time. Life is too short to waste it on this dump.The smaller sites are running 10 to 14 year old trucks that have up to one million miles on them and should not be considered safe. On top of that they are rusted out and full of holes. You freeze in the winter and are told to just work harder."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5