On average, employees at Waste Management give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Waste Management employees are Drivers submitting an average rating of 4.1 and Maintenance Managers with a rating of 3.8.

(based on 65 Waste Management Review Ratings)
"This is "the company" to work for in the waste and the environmental sector. Highly ethical, highly motivated to do right things and still make a profit for all stakeholders. They take good care of their employees and provide as stable and safe a work environment as possible."
Posted 3 years ago in Houston, TX
Guard
in Miami, FL

"I've worked at WM for 5 yrs and it's a great company. It's a company that is very stable but it holds their drivers accountable for everything. The pay is great but drivers are very stressed out on a daily basis. They work every holiday but Christmas. Miami branch is the worst to work from."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Naples, FL

"Good job security. Good pay. A lot of hours."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Waste Management (125)

4.0 Highest Rated in this Industry is EnergySolutions (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Stericycle (14)
3.6 Average of All Companies in this Industry (287)
Waste Management Employee

"Recognized company, but horrible at retaining great performers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Pompano Beach, FL

"While I enjoyed working at Waste Management, I feel this company is in downward spiral. Yearly raises have been suspended for the last five years, and all the CSR locations have been closed and consolidated to a single building in Houston, TX."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Waste Management Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Project Manager

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Facility Manager
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I worked in the electronic recycling division of Waste Management. I ran my own facility; all aspects of that facility. However, I had to forecast my budgets, watch my EBIT and P & L's. I enjoyed the work immensely. Unfortunately laws don't exist in Oklahoma regarding electronics disposal."

Technician
in Wisconsin Dells, WI

"Stay away from WM, this company is nothing but greedy. There is no opportunity for advancement here. Do not waste your time. Life is too short to waste it on this dump.The smaller sites are running 10 to 14 year old trucks that have up to one million miles on them and should not be considered safe. On top of that they are rusted out and full of holes. You freeze in the winter and are told to just work harder."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Salesforce Administrator

"It is a good company to work at for developers."

in Westville, NJ

"The company was a large Fortune 500 company that went through several re-organizations. The accounting functions were re-organized to Shared Accounting centers and therefore the job functions at the local business units were eliminated."

Waste Management Employee

"Waste Management is an excellent place to work. They take care of their people and provide them every opportunity to excel."

Account Billing Representative
in Windsor, CT

"I've worked at Waste Management since June of last year and have been satisfied with the job, but it has been nothing more than that for me unfortunately."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Waste Management Employee

"I have worked for Waste Management for 6 years and have found them to be very ethical and very liberal with flexibility needed to get your job done. The company is going through transformation, so change management skills and ability is critical."

Waste Management Employee

"Waste Management is great company and excellent steward of the environment. I believe they place extensive value on their customers and are trying to find ways to place the same on their employees. The IT staff is fairly large and not as well established from a standards and process. Overall, a good place to work for most."

Senior Pricing Manager
in Boston, MA

"I have worked for WM since 2004 and continue to be impressed by the quality and range of its service offerings; its people; its passion; and its versatility. The company employs over 50,000 employees covering the US and Canada. It is North America's largest, greenest, waste solutions company. It is an excellent place to work and provides lots of opportunity to learn and grow within the organization. A bit of a steep learning curve, particularly when it comes to the competitors, both large and small local operations."

Fleet Technician
in El Cajon, CA

What do you like about working at Waste Management?

"I like the work areas designed for every mechanic, and the way the work was assigned to us."

"If called for an interview dress professional, and make sure you answer all the questions asked."

What don't you like about working at Waste Management?

"I was not very pleased with condition of the equipment, and the lack of parts to complete the repairs."