(based on 23 ULTA Beauty Review Ratings)
Beauty Advisor
in Fayetteville, AR

"I have worked with ulta since 2018 and have loved it. I did transfer to a new store from one in Norman while doing hair and then moved to the brow bar and was so pleased with my time there at the old store . The new store brings the same qualities and makes you feel so welcome."

in Bolingbrook, IL

"Good company for work-life balance, good benefits"

ULTA Beauty (28)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
in Hutchinson, KS

"This job will literally drain you. You will easily put in 50 to 60 hours a week and that still will not be good enough for your district manager. You will never get ahead in this job and always feel like you're chasing your tail. Plan on working every holiday open to close and every weekend."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Matthews, NC

"I love working at Ulta, it is a good company that gives everyone a fair chance. It is lots of fun helping people look beautiful! My manager is very new at her job and that causes problems/drama however I’m still very happy!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average ULTA Beauty Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $1
Co-Manager
in Lone Tree, CO

"I’ve been a Co-Manager for Ulta Beauty since June of 2019. Ulta Beauty is one of the leading beauty brands in the United States. The company prides itself on celebrating diversity and strives to highlight the beauty in all people. The work and life balance are great with this company."

in Georgetown, TX

"I have been with ULTA for a short time but it is a fast-growing company with good values."

Manager
in Westlake, OH

"Ulta beauty offers many opportunities with great benefits!!"

in Wooster, OH

"Worst experience. Was hired for the brow bar and was told I would get 20 hours a week which was a lie. My hours were constantly changed and cut without my knowledge. I was lucky to get 2 shifts a week. Management showed no sympathy to employees with low hours and not being able to make ends meet. I was not treated as a Licensed professional and did not feel like one. I had managers telling me how to do my job and giving me advice when legally they can’t even do my job. Was told I should work on my skills and get better but how am I supposed to do that when I would only work 1-2 days a week? All they cared about was budgeting and making money. Was demoralizing to work there."

Lead Cashier
in Appleton, WI

"I have worked at Ulta for about 2 1/2 years. I have only gotten one raise since I have been here. It was not a whole lot either. My opinion of working at Ulta is in the middle. I love my coworkers and I love the flexibility with school. The downside is we don't get gratis anymore. Ulta banned it from our store. My manager is very unfair with the schedule. She has given people 7 weekends off in a row but if you ask off for one she will say you ask off too much. I also don't like that we get a raise when it's convenient for the company. I think you should get one when you hit your year marks. I also think the raises should be more than just 10 cents."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Designer
in Papillion, NE

"I worked for Ulta for 3 years almost, before they sat me in a hot little office and bullied me into signing a blank paper with my signature and admitting to something I didn't do. Then fired me for it the next day, all while telling me it was okay and that I wasn't going to be punished for it. I got great client guest surveys all the time. I was a very hard worker. The benefits and training were worth it to me. But how upper management treats you, not okay. They don't value their employees. When they don't want you there anymore, they will try tactics like the 2 on 1 in a hot office and tell you you can't leave till you sign it. I didn't think you'd ever have to think at any time you'd need an attorney while in a meeting with a boss. But boy was I wrong. I've never had an experience with an employer that makes me question their motives. As a stylist. I was over worked and pulled in many directions. Not to mention did 5 people's jobs all myself. For a company that says that they want to win together and empower women. They didn't in my case, want me to win or empower me. And they always let the guest get what they wanted if they complained enough. Meaning they would refund the guest and give them the money back when you as a stylist didn't formulate anything wrong and gave them the cut like the picture. They didn't have your back, and wouldn't even ask you what you did on the guest or if what they wanted was possible. And I did training and wasn't paid for it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Lead iOS Developer
in Naperville, IL

"Working with Ulta since July 2014."

in Rancho Mirage, CA

"I worked as a hair stylist to get through college and help support my family of five. ULTA can easily be compared to a sweat shop, but I'm fortunate for the time that I had there and the opportunities that I was provided with. Though the discount was meager, it was a plus to have the best beauty products at my disposal. They terminated my employment while I was in the hospital having a cesarean, citing that my disability was not approved. Greedy, nasty people."

in Lubbock, TX

"Basically there's an issue with management, if you kiss the manager's butt she puts you on the favorite list and she'll make you a manager. It does not matter if you qualify, if you've been doing hair 7 years. If you're her friend and just got out of school, she'll make you a salon manager. I decided to leave after their poor choices and after working my butt off for them. I took 3 stylists and a brow girl with me. There is no growth, don't do it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Cashier
in Holly Springs, NC

"I've been working at this Ulta for a few months now and I absolutely love it, our team is full of wonderful and talented ladies who avoid any drama and work hard and they love what they do. I work hard and my managers see that and appreciate my hard work. Everyone is always positive and encourages one another. Even if you start out as just a cashier you have plenty of room to grow within the business. I always enjoy going into work. Love it. :) Best job ever."

in Alpharetta, GA

"Worst job I've EVER had and I worked at McDonalds, if that says anything. I had no idea what my actual job was. I was being thrown on truck and register in the same day, but I was the only girl doing this. The two departments wouldn't even communicate so the truck people would have no idea why I left them right in the middle of doing something and was randomly on register. I also had no idea when I was to expect a paycheck or a new schedule, even after asking multiple times. So disappointing."