T.J. Maxx Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse T.J. Maxx Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at T.J. Maxx give their company a 3.4 rating out of 5.0 - which is 14% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest T.J. Maxx employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 3.9 and Sales Associates with a rating of 3.7.

(based on 44 T.J. Maxx Review Ratings)

T.J. Maxx Employee

"I worked at Tjmaxx for a few months but had to leave due to non job issue. It was an ok place to work, the employees were great. Not a lot of chance to grow. Just more of where are they gonna put you. The store was always clean especially at the registers. They were not very understanding at all when u needed to call out because of a family issue or you were sick etc. you always got as many hours as they could put you on though and even asked you to stay later sometimes. I learned a lot of skills working there."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Customer Service Associate

"I worked as a customer service associate at TJ Maxx for over seven years. While I enjoyed working with my fellow associates, at the end of the day, it was a customer service job that didn't pay very well."

T.J. Maxx (61)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Sales Associate

"I've worked with Tjmaxx since 2016. I get along very well with all the employees and management as well. I am a great team player and work very well individually too. I can excel in any task that is given to me, and my supervisors can say the same for me as well. The lifestyle of Tjmaxx is very fast paced, and has many things going on at one time, being able to multi-task and handle high stress situations is a must for this job, and I can do that very well! Since I am very good at my job, I do not require a lot of training and or assistance for majority of my tasks since I am able to handle any of the tasks."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
T.J. Maxx Employee

"I really enjoyed the work at first but as time went on I saw how things really go. I didn't have as much control over the department that I was the coordinator of, I was always answering for the decisions I made and the lack of cohesion and continuity is not something that I can handle. I am far too detail-oriented to work for a company like this. I get along well with my co-workers but I don't see an opportunity for advancement."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"I have worked for TJ Maxx seasonally since 2015 and they have always been very good to me. They have been patient with my mistakes and the friendly coworkers never made it unbearable to work there. The issues arise by the training which was too basic. It took months before I knew every detail of my job, although most of the time it was very straightforward. The other issue is to be expected with any retail but the customers were and will always be crazy. There were many very kind customers as well, however. Overall a good job, but not a career for me."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"Tj max was a fun environment but I’d say i had A seasonal position so they had a lot of workers going in and out. It was difficult to advance there."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"TJ Maxx is a fun place to work, especially for students looking for flexible hours in order to accommodate life style.The management team are understanding people that work with any problems that I had and always encourage me in both work and life. The co-workers are fun people to spend time at work and make long hour shifts feel shorter."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"I have grown and learned so much from TJ Maxx. Most managers take the time to develop their team so employees can grow within the company."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
T.J. Maxx Employee

"Great Environment and Management"

General Warehouse Worker

"I worked for Tj Maxx for 2 years, every day I dealt with favoritism, racism, and obstruction of power."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"The staff and management at the store are very friendly and seem to actually care about their staff. I just wish that they would take more time training a new associate before pushing them onto the floor. I think with more training and in-depth explanations the associates would be better prepared to give better and faster customer service."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"Great company to work for."

T.J. Maxx Employee

"I've been working part time at TJMaxx for 4 1/2 months which I believe is enough time to evaluate an employer in the retail sector. They are all pretty much the same. Long on reputation and very short on pay and benefits. I also find some management and "coordinators" rude, demanding and patronizing to employees. These people bark orders and demand effort not commensurate with compensation. Communication skills are sorely lacking here which leads to unnecessary confusion and effects production negatively. The sad truth is that nothing in this industry will ever change unless employees "push back' and demand better pay and treatment. No one I work with seems to believe that they have rights and deserve better pay, benefits and treatment."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
T.J. Maxx Employee

"Managers are clueless how to treat employees."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
T.J. Maxx Employee

"If you have a strong and functioning brain, this employer is NOT for you!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

T.J. Maxx Reviews FAQs

Is T.J. Maxx a good company to work for?

T.J. Maxx has an overall rating of 3.4 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 44 T.J. Maxx Review Ratings left anonymously by T.J. Maxx employees, which is 13% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 82% of employees would recommend working at T.J. Maxx.

Does T.J. Maxx pay their employees well?

T.J. Maxx employees earn $24,000 annually on average, or $12 per hour, which is 64% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 24 T.J. Maxx employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find T.J. Maxx Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a T.J. Maxx?

82% of employees would recommend working at T.J. Maxx with the overall rating of 3.4 out of 5. Employees also rated T.J. Maxx 3.5 out of 5 for Company Culture, 2.9 for Rewards You Receive, 2.8 for Growth Opportunities and 3.4 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at T.J. Maxx?

According to our data, the highest paying job at T.J. Maxx is a Windows Security Engineer at $100,000 annually. Browse T.J. Maxx Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at T.J. Maxx?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at T.J. Maxx is a Stocker at $12,000 annually. Browse T.J. Maxx Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at T.J. Maxx?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at T.J. Maxx to be Company Culture, People You Work With, Person You Work For and Support You Get, and cons to be Growth Opportunities and Rewards You Receive.