On average, employees at TitleMax give their company a 3.3 rating out of 5.0 - which is 14% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest TitleMax employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.4 and Store Managers with a rating of 3.3.

(based on 14 TitleMax Review Ratings)
TitleMax Employee

"I have worked for Titlemax for over 2 years. I used to be a general manager at a location in SoCal. I would not suggest working for Titlemax ever. The company has horrible leadership. Their expectation is unreal. They have the highest rates but expect you to produce more loans than competitors They are constantly asking you to go against company process and do unethical things to book new loans. They will tell you to do whatever it takes to book a loan and then mark it against you when they audit you. They will give you a store and expect you to produce in 2 to 3 months. There were other employees that got fired due to store not producing higher loans even when it's known to be in a bad location. They do not care about their employees' well being. Don't be fooled by the recruiter or the people that interview you. They will offer you a high supplemental bonus but once you break it down by the hours they require you to work it won't be much at all. Even though you are expected to dress professionally. You will be expected to spin signs and wear costumes in front of the stores. They will expect you to go pass out flyers from door to door. There is nothing professional about this company. This place is a joke. And their expectation is impossible. They will never be happy regardless of how hard you work and how dedicated you are. And there is a lot of favoritism among upper management. Nothing is fair in this company. And none of the upper management lead by example. This company has the highest turnover. If you are looking for a company to build career on and care about their employees, do not work here."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Phenix City, AL

"This company is a strong company expanding nationwide. Recruiting is ongoing and is fairly easy when you have strong prior management experience. If you have had district position experience, apply for that."

TitleMax (21)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
in Falls Church, VA

"This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. People quit all the time here because you are pressured to sell loans to old cars and trick people into believing that the payments are good and fair. If they are late one day, you start the collection process by calling twice a day and if by 15th day, if they have not paid, you better repo the car. The pay is low, the truth is they pay the GM $10 per hour working 48 hours and if they want, they might pay you a bonus. This has changed 3 times in 6 months. They promise you the potential of making a lot of money but most stores do not generate enough to make that kind of money. In another words, they sell you a dream."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
General Manager

"Do yourself a favor and don't work for this company. They try to sell you on this being a sales based job. It's not. It's all based off of collections. Don't let them fool you. I've had the worst experience working for TMX. My DM (D131, Region 33, Houston area) was the worst. All he did was speak poorly about all his other GM's. He was pathetic. So glad he and the company decided to go in "another direction" (heck, I hope) and do me a favor and let me go. Working there, I had no real time to look for a real job! Getting terminated felt like a big weight off my shoulders. ZERO job security. Good luck."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average TitleMax Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2012 $2
TitleMax Employee

"This company is very good. Look after their employees very well, like transportation, food and accommodation."

in Greenville, SC

"TMX needs to treat its employees like its money.... VALUABLE... with a set training platform and evaluations that reflect the actual position. I believe in feeling uncomfortable on your job, and driving yourself daily for a performance driven business, but they literally eat you up and spit you out, especially if you're a great employee. They also pay their store managers the same as the CSR's. It's a lot of processes you have to learn for yourself, but just not worth the pay."

General Manager

"Great coworkers, decent pay and benefits, but not a career option. Wayward, contrary upper management. Often understaffed. LONG hours. Zero job security."

SQL Server DBA
in Alpharetta, GA

What do you like about working at TitleMax?

"I need good office environment where I can set my goals and achieve the targets related to work."

What don't you like about working at TitleMax?

"I don't like to work for a company which doesn't have good IT culture."

"Management should be supportive and encouraging the employees, so that employees can work hard/smart."

General Manager

"Training is awful. Good luck!"

What do you like about working at TitleMax?

"My staff. Hours are not that bad. I enjoy talking with the customers."

"Negotiate for longer and more pay guarantees. The recruiters will lie. They are not a typical recruiter who is looking out for you but more for Titlemax. I found out someone I was training (once I became a GM) that my trainee was making 7k more than me on my guarantee."

What don't you like about working at TitleMax?

"They talk like this is a selling company, but it's not this is a collection company. This has to be the most negative thing I have done in my professional life. Prey on lower income people and try to brain wash you that they are doing a positive for community and for customers. You are forced to do community events and volunteer work. Not to mention pay for your own marketing In your location. This is a sink or swim position (GM). I warn anyone who has done sales all your life and falls for the BS they feed. This is not sales be forewarned."

"Teach the GMIT's how all the numbers effect your pay before you take it from them. Promote from within. There is a disconnect between management. Talk is cheap!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Store Manager
in Plano, TX

"Love working with people. No room for growth."

What do you like about working at TitleMax?

"Loved interacting with the company. Loved marketing and meeting goals."

"Make sure you are making the right decision. Get ready for a very slow growth ladder."

What don't you like about working at TitleMax?

"Once you show your an asset to the company they want to keep you at the position that you hold."

"Promote employees within the company as promised when position was offered."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

What do you like about working at TitleMax?

"I like helping people oin need"

"KISS the interviewers BUTT."

What don't you like about working at TitleMax?

"That I am overlooked to get promoted, and ppl in the position I SHOULD be in are IN and are dumb as hell. Upper management has NO IDEA what they are doing!"

"Stop stero-typing your Store Managers. You have GM's who are hired in and have NO IDEA about TitleMax, yet you hire them when you have perfectly GREAT store managers who are the ones who REALLY run the store while the GM sits on their butts all day on the phone gossiping to OTHER GMS. They best part is... when they hire a GM in trainning they want the STORE Manager to train them.... then a month later they make TRIPLE your paycheck. #horrible."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Marketing Coordinator
in Savannah, GA

What do you like about working at TitleMax?

"TitleMax Corporate Headquarters has the most advanced working facility in Savannah. This office is modern and has a very sleek design. There is a team environment and TitleMax encourages collaboration. I feel that TitleMax is supportive of employees having a balance between work and personal life."

"TitleMax really takes interest in those who can think progressively, are innovative, and take initiative."

What don't you like about working at TitleMax?

"Our office is split up into three different buildings on the same square, which is a con because we do not get to see everyone all the time, and makes the corporate environment not feel as big as it is. I think we also could have more corporate team-building events after work such as a sports team."

"I think TitleMax could also partake more in philanthropic events to get the employees involved in the community and with each other outside of work."

Customer Service Representative
in Las Vegas, NV
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Company Culture 4.9 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Regional Manager
Store Manager
in Gainesville, GA

"Don't do it !!!!!"

"This company cares nothing about their employees and they are only out to rip their customers off."