37 Sony Computer Entertainment Reviews

Browse Sony Computer Entertainment Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 29 Sony Computer Entertainment Review Ratings)
"Sony Computer Entertainment is a very good overall company, offering their employees a very good working environment, and opportunities to succeed and advance. I always felt good about my position and standing at Sony, but unfortunately was part of a company wide executive initiative to lay off most all of the people that had been there for numerous years, and I had been there since the beginning, having built the QA department. I would still highly recommend SCEA to anyone."
Posted 4 years ago in Foster City, CA
Project Manager
in San Mateo, CA

"Pros: SNEI offers good benefits, good salary, casual and amicable atmosphere, opportunities for improvement and training.The company keeps growing and there is a lot of diversity, teams are very helpful. Cons: Work is constant and very aggressive, need improvement on their processes and standards. Need to balance some work, some teams are overworked."

in San Francisco, CA

"It has very good work culture. My team treated me with responsibilities as if I am full time employee though I was an intern there."

Sony Computer Entertainment (37)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
in San Mateo, CA

"I worked for SCEA for a time and while the company was a fun company to work for, and most of my coworkers were wonderful people, my manager made the place hostile and demoralizing. I lasted longer than anyone else who held my position before me, but the company's insistence on keeping terrible managers made it impossible to stay at and grow in."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Foster City, CA

"I've been here for some time now. There is no real chance to move up. Great for experience. Not recommended for the long term. Their staffing company really destroys the chance to be an actual Sony employee there. Great job to have if you're right out of high school."

Average Sony Computer Entertainment Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2011 $2
Sony Computer Entertainment Employee

"Good people, good company in general. Idiotic management."

in San Francisco, CA

"Great company to work for! Not great mobility in terms of moving up the career ladder, but people are friendly."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
QA Engineer
in Foster City, CA

"Working at Sony Entertainment in Korea was a valuable experience. My responsibilities were very similar to the principle duties of a QA supervisor. I tested the functionality of software, detected potential issues, translated between multiple languages, and many more. On one hand, I learned how to accomplish each technical task; on the other, I learned how to problem solve and adapted to the work environment."

Technical Operations Specialist
in San Mateo, CA

"I've been with this company for a total of 5 years and have moved up in the ranks and into various groups internally. It is an exciting place to work as the gaming industry is a particular passion of mine. Though there are some upper management disconnect with the current job I perform and their expectations. Otherwise, the environment is very lively and my immediate coworkers are excellent people to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in the gaming industry."

Director of QA

Community Manager

"I enjoyed working for SCEA, but it was a poor company at which to begin my career. Unfortunately, there is very little room for growth -- aside from a select important few, layoffs are the norm for most employees."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Foster City, CA

"I worked at Sony Playstation for nine months. They are so paranoid about outsiders stealing their secrets that you can actually get in trouble for asking questions. It made my job as a liaison between software developers and tech writers documenting the installation and use of their code almost impossible.Workstations and equipment for debugging the Playstations were outstanding."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Accountant
in San Mateo, CA

"For some reasons, my contract ends without 2 weeks notice."

Database Developer
in Foster City, CA

"Love my team and the projects I have focused on. Though there are challenges working in a multinational environment, I have great respect for everyone I work with across the board. This has been a wonderful position as a database developer with exceptional freedom and support to work independently."

Senior DBA Architect

"I have worked with SNEI from last 2 years. I got very good exposure on new technology like nosql, bigdata, exadata, goldengate."

Equipment Services Project Manager