On average, employees at Shell give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Shell employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 3.3.

(based on 55 Shell Review Ratings)
"Strong company, very friendly. Wonderful people, work space nice, understanding. Shell is doing great things with in the community, Company has moved some of the employees overseas, our department was closed and moved overseas. So I would like a more stable company and a place where I can grow as an employee and able to be with an company for many years to come."
Posted 4 years ago
Information Management Consultant

"Good company to work with. Good culture."

in Sylacauga, AL

"I liked working with Shell at first but the hours were brutal, so was the work."

Shell Employee

"Great people! Great company!"

in Wood River, IL

"I worked for Shell OIl in 5 different US locations. In every location, high ethical standards were the norm, while maintaining an eye on production capability and servicing the customer."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average Shell Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Shell Employee

"I've only worked with Shell a little over a year. For the most part I really enjoy working with Shell. Great co-workers and supervisors. I wish that I was a permanent employee instead of just contractor on the GSAP Project. The down side of being a contractor is that they could really care less if you found a job after this project or not."

Shift Manager
in Mooresville, NC

"I've worked at All-Mart Shell for 9 years, currently I'm the maintenance manager. Currently control all the repairs and improvements within the store, pumps, and car washes. I also assist with day to day operations of the store and ensure that the day to day operations occur without issues."

Shift Manager
in Mooresville, NC

"I've worked at Shell for 9 years now, and noticed the store expansion and improvements over the years. The store has improved greatly and currently is a family owned and operated business. The owners look after their employees and care about the store as a whole."

Web Developer
in Laurel, MD

"I work diligently for my company and I was given a good write-up for that."

in Marcellus, MI

"My experience with this company wasn't the ideal experience that I wanted to have. They were not understanding with the fact that I am also a full time college student. I don't feel that they should have treated me the way they did."

ASP.NET Developer
in Nashville, TN

"I worked for the present company where there we gained good technical knowledge and also had a good number of employees."

SAP Analyst

Shell Employee

"I wasn't there long but Shell Oil seems like it could be a good place to work, if your circumstances are favorable. Mine were not. I was there on a contract to Hewlett Packard, I felt that in my case that my overseas management treated me unfairly, but I cannot really comment on Shell Oil as a whole."

Contractor
in New Orleans, LA

"A great company to work for."

Electrician
in New Orleans, LA

"I worked fro Shell for 30 years they were good to me but after 30 years I decided to make a change and do my best to learn different things. Such as, I have had the chance being self employed to work on a few draw bridges and I learned a lot and have sharpened my skill set a great deal. Had I not worked for Shell and not had the training I have had, I may not have had the chance to experience working on a draw bridge."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Shell Employee

"Simple and convenient. The job speaks for itself. I managed the gas pumps through remote protocol and modify prices on the computer."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5