(based on 18 SeaChange Review Ratings)

in Acton, MA

"Infighting, inexperience, and lack of a coherent offering. Stopping selling Hardware is the worst decision companies like this could have made."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Service Technical Engineer
in Acton, MA

"I've worked at SeaChange international for 2+ years, My job was to support local and international communication companies (Cable) to trouble shoot our back office platform if any issue arises. Created knowledge based articles and if not able to fix the issue i would then engage engineering to take it to the next level and work with them. Contacted the customer from start to finish and made sure they were completely satisfied, Documented all the issues through salesforce and jira."

SeaChange (24)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sigma Designs (5)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Polara Engineering (6)
in Acton, MA

"I have worked with SeaChange International for 3 years starting 2012. Pros: * The employees are very good and hard working * Vacation days are good and Work from home is allowed, however, you will added to the 'People who will be laid off in near future' list Cons: * The company has no sense of direction, resources and management skills. * People are laid off everywhere * All CEOs lack the drive to control this company."

in Acton, MA

"Never try again!!!This the worst company I have ever joined."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Acton, MA

"Good work place, not a good place to stay if you are looking for growth. Lack of support from direct managers. Benefits for people working for SeaChange abroad is not good. People working from out of the US are not being given the same benefits as of those who work in the US. All in all the company is a good company to gain a lot of technical knowledge, but not a company I would like to stay on for growth."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Senior Server Engineer
in Milpitas, CA

"I've worked for SeaChange for almost 8 years. It was great at first. We worked in a very nice office in San Mateo with a great view, free sodas, lunches and beer bashes after major milestones. Then the CEO of an acquired company took over, they had a major layoff in a sneaky way, moved us to Milpitas where the garbage smell is the worst and stopped the lunches. The general manager treats employees as if they are expendable, as if everyone is the same and can do the same job."

Logistics Test Engineer
in Acton, MA

"I have been with company for 15+ years. personnel that I work with are top notch. I have seen incredible things done with the personnel I work with that I have never seen done before. They are the best workers anyone can work with. For the Newest CEO of company, it is said if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all."

Engineer
in Acton, MA

"I've worked for SeaChange for 14 years, and needless to say, being laid off came as a shock. SeaChange is experiencing problems financially and has been laying folks off in waves for a while. It was a great place to work before the troubles began, which is why I stayed as long as I did. I don't know what the future holds for SeaChange."

in Acton, MA

"This company's best days are behind it. The company is likely to be sold or sectors sold off. Lay offs are plentiful."

in Acton, MA

"Worked here since 1999 and saw the company grow from an exciting start up to a somewhat morose corporate clone. Done in by the decision to take a mature Windows product and migrate it to a Linux platform. Rather than focusing on making the mature product first-in-class we chose platform coverage; never sure why, probably to make it appear more appealing, and to make the evolutionary path required a complete upgrade rather than continuous patching."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Acton, MA

"Management often poor. Employees and management bully coworkers. Was told I couldn't get promoted because I stuttered. Strangely, I don't have a stutter."

in Acton, MA

"The office politics were the worst I have ever worked in. I continually had to watch my back and it was impossible to change tools and processes due to a lack of interest in change."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
QA Manager
in San Mateo, CA
Work Setting 5 / 5 Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4.2 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Technical Trainer
in Acton, MA

"Great place to work and grow."

Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5
Lead Designer